Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Bullets collision problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 12:57 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2010 20:12
I am doing an fps paintball game, so i want the bullets to be seen, and i want to use SC collisions to detect if any of them hits the oponent or the map... So i am doing this:

My problem is that the collision sometimes is not detected and when it is, it gives the error: "Error during collision check: Object not setup"
The problem isnt the map, because i am using SC for slide collisions of my character.. Can you guys help me ?
zydeoN
Years of Service
User Offline
Well fixed some parts (basic object checking), and i now i understand the problem is in the speed of the bullets. When it is fast, it doesnt detect the collision properly... So what can i do ?
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't use bullets at all: use SC_RayCast()

Move the painball as far as you want to shoot and get the co-ordinates between the player and the bullets to use for SC_RayCast()

zydeoN
Years of Service
User Offline
Solved just used sphere casting ...
blackbird1676
Years of Service
User Offline
i want to see bullet physics become integrated they are great but i dont know how they would intgrate togther?? YAY TUX THE LINUX PENGUIN XD

insanity and genius draw a fine line
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
or you could do what dystopia did (free mod for source), make the weapon fire the object, i.e. the paintball, but use a raycast to detect collision, not the bullet. this becomes almost undetectable in fast fire rate weapons.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:52:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:52:59