Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Turning Errant AI's guns into Sci-fi weapons

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 22:40
A lot of people here are always talking about how we have so few sci-fi weapons available to the community, however I think one of the biggest sources for sci-fi weapons is right under our noses: Errant's guns!

This idea has been in my head for a while, but I've finally done something about it. It was fairly easy to modify the texture once I backed up the originals (and I meant to save the changes as an overlay so I could upload them, but I forgot to, I'll work some up again later and upload them), and once the texture was done, it just required moving some sounds (make sure you back up the originals first!) from the sci-fi guns to the g22's folder (assualt rifle for firing, blaster for cocking) and changing the muzzleflash (I used the chugshot's since I have it from both z-mod and x10. The end result is nice, and is only ruined by my poor normal map for it, lol.

I hope I can see you guys doing this in some of your games

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 22:41 Edited at: 10th Jan 2010 22:42
And here is the gun firing with the muzzleflash.

I plan on doing some more of these, and uploading overlays for the community to use. (these overlays will be the blue parts you can see on the g22)

Attachments

SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 23:45
Looks brilliant, keep it up.
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 00:28 Edited at: 11th Jan 2010 00:28
ToastyFresh did a Sci-Fi G36c:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjbD303__1I
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 01:50
@SGJB: Thanks man

@Lewis: lol, I've forgotten about that. I saw that once before, but have forgotten. Oh well.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 10:06
Yeah this is a very fun thing to do. A lot of guns these days look like something out of a scifi game and with tweaking just click really well.

And thanks for saving me the effort of posting that Lewy

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 11:27
seems we sharing the same ideas here. this what i made a week ago.
did you notice we have using almost the same color!?

Coach Shogun 20

i like the first one, much better then mine.

Toasty Fresh

I didn't know you have done this before. but i like it.
it seems we have the same ideas and style.

Attachments

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 13:02 Edited at: 11th Jan 2010 13:02
Lewis, out of curiosity, where did you get the scope and red dot model that you have? If you could give me a bit of information on them i would love to get them. My email is;

Ive been looking for an acog and red dot for a long time but i cant find it anywhere :S Its so enfuriating! All the ones i have found that are at a reasonable price have not been hollowed out in the middle :S

If the model is your custom media, i would be willing to trade for some of my media or media that i have the license to trade for you models.

.CALIBRE - COMING MAY 2010
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 23:36
Quote: "All the ones i have found that are at a reasonable price have not been hollowed out in the middle :S"

If they were hollowed out, it wouldn't work properly due to the fact that the red dot needs a plane to be painted on.

Also, are you sure you're not getting confused with my and Lewis' vids? I believe lewis got his RDS model from FPSB, but I don't know what ACOG scope you're referring to. The ACOG I use in my vid's is Errant's and I don't know if he'd give it to you, but there are a few very nice aimpoints and scopes in the devhub. http://www.fpsbanana.com/models/467

There's also and ACOG there but it's not textured, so that sucks.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 17:52 Edited at: 12th Jan 2010 18:00
I have checked out turbo squid and fps banana. I am going to check your link still though. I have already emailed EAI about a custom ACOG and Red dot, but i haven't got a reply When i next have a chance i am going to re-send my email to him.

EDIT

I have already tried that scope, but i cant seem to isolate and apply the texture to the red dot model there... It always just causes the scope to turn invisible when i load in the pre-existing textures, and im not sure how to create and apply a new texture to the doctor red dot. Could you post yours or tell me how it is done?

EDIT

BTW, I did mean you Ive just read lewis's post and he said it was yours. Where did you get those red dots for the g36c? Could I buy/have a copy and i can re-texture the sight.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 05:07
Alright guys, here are the overlays for the G22, and a HTML readme/tutorial file. Have fun with it!

Attachments

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 09:28
Quote: "BTW, I did mean you Ive just read lewis's post and he said it was yours. Where did you get those red dots for the g36c? Could I buy/have a copy and i can re-texture the sight."

As a matter of fact I can help you with this. I didn't make the actual optic, as in the red dot, but I did make the frame, and I don't mind anyone using it as it's kind of crap. I'll email it to you at some point if you want it.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool that would be great Heres my email address:

I have already posted it but still And this is my msn if you want to add me

Dont ask me about the name. I left the computer while registering and my mate changed it while i wasnt there I didnt realise and registered But hey

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 10:12
I'll try and get it to you sunday. I'm not at home ATM, sitting in a hotel using a laptop and the place's internet.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
kk cool. I can wait as i have exams and wont be doing rigging until after them.

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 13:32
Quote: "kk cool. I can wait as i have exams and wont be doing rigging until after them."

Lol, you know i will be doing that rigs

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
But still Im the person being sent them

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
How did you do the granade launcher toasty? You dont change weapon or anything. Seriously, its quite cool I think im gonna need to steel your idea there, its like COD4 and COD6

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2010 00:20
No idea. I just rigged it all to the SCAR-L rig, and then you just press the number of the gun a second time to pull out the GL.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I would ask that you send the whole files over but you cant as i dont have EAI's Scar... Let me actually buy his scar before i ask anything more about the grenade launcher. As for the red dot sight, its gonna be a brill new generation of calibre weapons. Possibly with a grenade launcher when we have bought the scar

I assume that the launcher requires flak though.. Dam.. That means i have yet another reason to re-write multiplayer flak...

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. Toasty im still waiting for the weapon :S When will you be able to send the red dot?

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2010 00:13
Oh, yeah, sorry, I totally forgot. I was trying to find the texture, I'll have a look in the actual gun's folder.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
kk, thanks. I'll be waiting. I new have 4 days off in which to rig

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 17:42
Hey, Coach Shotgun 20.

Seeing this inspired me. So, I made some.

They aren't as good, I probably won't be ae able to distribute them, but I have 5x more guns. So, yeah.

Here's a video.

I modded the G36C, XIX, P90, M249-SAW, and 870P1.

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

it was the best song in the world..."

Attachments

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 23:04
@Shadowtroid: Those look sweet man! I like the P90 mod the best, really awesome.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 23:21 Edited at: 27th Jan 2010 21:38
Thanks. I don't like the shotgun mod, I was mostly testing different functions on my new image editor (I got so I could edit these DDS files actually)

As for the sounds, I actually edited those from the original sci-fi sound effects. Except for the shotgun, I edited the original sound.

I think the P90, G36C, and XIX mod came out the best. I still despise the M249 sound ( I messed around with it for so long, and it still annoys me.) Also, if you closely at the beginning, when I'm getting them all, you can see my P90 has chicken pox. Need to fix that.

I made them have a theme. The blue ones are for good guys, the red ones are for bad guys. That's why the P90 and XIX sound so evil.

Also, if you look really closely, I added a red dot to the P90 scope. Took me a while to get that centered.

Sorry about talking about it so much. It's so rare I come across I'm proud of. Most of my projects don't end well. So I guess, for now, I'll stick with scifi mods.

EDIT: It's good you like the P90 so much, because after centering the optic, I made some other optics. For fun.

I also made burst fire version for some, but that's easy to use your imagination for, so no video is required.

Video is coming soon.

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 00:32
Sounds sweet Shadowtroid, glad I inspired somebody.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 01:36 Edited at: 26th Jan 2010 01:40
Thanks Coach Shogun. I sent you the video; it's impossible to upload here.

But if anyone else is interested, here's the optics.

EDIT: Here's a link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRfRXpACZsg

Attachments

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 02:50
They look nice. Out of all of them, I think that the blue holo was best.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 02:52
Yeah. They were sorta thrown together quickly.

Maybe if I made the red/blue dot larger...

But the SciFi holo is hopeless. Too big, etc etc...

And I made the thermal/sniper optics in about 3 seconds. Combined.

But still! They are better than the original optic. Which consisted of blank.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 22:25
I would just like to say that Shadowtroid is making those guns for a sci-fi game I am making, but whether or not he shares them publicly is not my decision. So when I release I want everyone to know we do know each other and I have perfect rights on them.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 23:51
I can approve of that.

We're brothers, so... yeah.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2010 13:48 Edited at: 27th Jan 2010 21:36
Hey everyone who's still watching this.

I have found the time to release my sci-fi pack.

The images aren't perfect, they still have some dither, but Fair Use says you can use anything that will not have any commercial impact on the product.

Basically, I can use it because it's a few pixels.

So enjoy.

Still working on getting the XIX, when I made it I used alpha on a flattened image, so yeah.

Bye.

EDIT: Just noticed I had the wrong fire sound for the 870P1.

Fixed.

Attachments

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Toasty, have you found the texture yet? When would you be able to send the red dot. I am very eager to get this as my game is effectively on hold until i find the red dot good enough to use. I am emailing EAI about an acog and 2 new weapons, and that has been sorted, i am just now waiting for a red dot!

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2010 00:12
I thought I sent it around a week ago :S

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont seem to have gotten anything :S Do you have msn? If you do i can add you and that should make this whole thing so much easier Also, my email (not msn) is this if you need to double check:

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2010 15:24
I would like to say:

I will be posting these new overlays on my own thread.

Hopefully they will be accepted by society.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jan 2010 18:01
Looks good

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice!
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2010 13:37
Why doesn't anyone notice my new thread on these?

Ah well. Kinda saw this coming.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 17:28
@Errant AI: Thanks. This was a fun little thing to figure out and o for the community.

@General Jackson: Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:31:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:31:19