Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Compiling Error. (NOTE: I just upgraded to Windows 7.)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First off I'm going to let everyone know i just installed a new operating system onto my computer, i had Windows Vista but i upgraded to Windows 7 just today and i completely restored my computer. I tried to Re-activate the program but when i tried it only asked me for my email and never gave me the option to enter the un-lock key so im assuming its already activated but im not completely sure if it is.

Before DarkBASIC was working wonderfully but now that i had to re-install it I cannot compile any codes given to the editor.
this is exactly what the error says when i try to compile a code.

"Could not find DBPCompiler.exe, the path stored in your registry or settings file is invalid. Please locate the DarkBASIC Professional Compiler in the options and ensure DarkBASIC Professional is correctly installed."

Also does anyone know where there are good tutorials that can teach me how to make a simple 2D game based on text and buttons? I would greatly appreciate the help.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 14:36
You need to ensure that DX9.0c is installed, and that you run the IDE as an administrator: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=160097&b=1

Sick Of The ERRORS!
Years of Service
User Offline
i have already downloaded DirectX 9.0c
I had that problem before so i knew when i re-installed it that I'd have to get it.

Any other suggestions?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:03:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:03:32