Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The Mod Guide - A List Of FPSC Mods

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 18:12 Edited at: 8th Mar 2010 14:12

The Mod Guide - A List Of FPSC Mods

Current Status Of Thread:

Mod updates will be taking place continuously in the current time.
I will be editing the creators for Project Blue soon and making a new section for the developers. Please bare with me, this will be done in the next update along with the other mods.
Feel free to post comments guys. If there is anything that i have missed just point it out pleasantly please and i will change what i have written or add more to it.

Introduction:
Hey guys. I realized that while all of us regular users know pretty much everything to do with the latest mods, there are several new users who know very little. Here I have written a lengthy guide to all the mods of FPSC. The information in this thread can be used by anyone as i hope that i have described the features and abilities of all these mods on a level basic enough for new users to understand. If any new mods come along or features of the mods change, then I will update this thread when needed. I am also going to include links to the thread of the mod so users of the forums can easily find the mod that they are looking for even if the mod is no longer on the first page of FPSC chat. I am also including links to some threads that are not directly related to the mods but are very useful for uses of that mod (The Fenix Mod Official Guide). The point of view I have on these mods I am trying to make as non-biased as possible. If any owner of the mods has any problems with what I write, please tell me and I will change them at request (I will not all ways say good things about mods - I hope that I tell it like it is!). I hope that it is used by new users, so that FPSC can be used to its full potential.

If there are any mods that I have missed out please feel free to post your own information on them in the attached format of code in your own code snippet. I may not cover all mods and I apologise if I don’t but I will do my best to cover them all.

The Mods Of FPS Creator:
Now, let me start off with an explanation of the three main types of mods. They are; side-line mods, enhancing, main-stream. Below is a bit about each of these mods.

Side-Line Mods:
These mods do not always bring new features to FPSC but they are in themselves small snippets of programming gold. They are not in the main eye of the TGC community, as I think it’s fair that some mods have been going much longer with a larger list of features, but if the owners keep working at the mod then in a few short years it could well become one of the main stream mods. For new users of FPSC I would definitely advise some of these mods. Just because these mods are side line does not mean that they do not have aspects of features that are inferior to the mainstream mods. I would now class Cranox mod as this type of mod as it does not have all the well rounded features as the main-stream mods, but as far as graphics are concerned, this mod truly is in a league of its own.

Enhancing Mods:
The second type of mod is the type of mod which is neither a main well talked about mod, but nor is it a side mod. These mods tend to be the type of mod which has features that other mods would die for. These guys tend to bring the massive features to FPSC which are used in the modern day mods. People may have stopped talking about them and it may well be as a result of the mod closing down, or it may be as a result of little new features and releases, but these are possibly some of the most well known mods. The three mods of this kind that spring to mind are; Ply’s Mod, Lemur, and, of course, EFX Mod (what brilliant mods).

Main-Stream Mods:
These are the big hitters of the FPSC mod world. These mods may sometimes be available in a free form but are mainly quite costly. The two of the largest mods of this type at the moment are Fenix Mod and Project Blue. The reason these mods are in the eye of the community is because of their all round functionality. These mods are able to do almost anything and still have features left over that would make even lee himself wonder how they are done. What else can I say about these mods? They are in the communities eye for a reason...

The Mods:

Name: Fenix Mod
Creator: Hockey Kid
Version Of FPSC: V1.16
Cost: Free
Type Of Mod: Main-Stream Mod
Description: This mod is one of the best mods available at the current time. It has lots of varied features which very few other mods are able to compete with. The feature list alone is very hard to compete with as it has a vast array of new commands and modifications which allow for brilliant all round game play. Please do not pick fault with this mod until you have played it.
Thread Link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=155710&b=21
Other Threads: Help Guide
Feature List:

Name: WASP Mod
Creator: Scene Commander
Version Of FPSC: V1.15
Type Of Mod: Side-Line Mod
Description: A freely available mod with a modest amount of features. I am surprised this mod is free! But I am glad that you don’t need to pay anything to see all of its features. The code from this mod would go great in some of the larger mods and would add such features to them.
Thread Link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=156983&b=21
Other Threads: None Available
Feature List:

Name: Xara Mod
Creator: Kill3r7
Version Of FPSC: V1.16
Type Of Mod: Side-Line Mod
Description: This mod is the first time in which I have seen Killer. The mod is based on the code of Cronox mod which is now an open source mod. Killer has added a few features into it and has generally increased the abilities of this already great mod.
Thread Link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=164618&b=21
Feature List:

Name: Project Blue
Creator: Plystire S4 Real [/i]
Developers: Hockey Kid
Version Of FPSC: [i]V1.16

Cost: $28
Type Of Mod: Main-Stream Mod
Description: This mod truly is one of the master mods. You may think that this feature list is small. But if you look closer you will realise that every feature here is merely a branch to hundreds of other possibilities. I personally believe that this mod is worth every penny. It has tons of support and regular updates. It is also one of the most stable mods out there. I would advise this to any game developer who is looking to spend some money on a mod or anything to try to improve their game play.
Thread Link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=163057&b=21
Feature List:

Name: Official Ply's Mod Thread
Creator: Plystire
Version Of FPSC: V1.09
Type Of Mod: Enhancing Mod
Description: This mod may be old but the list of features within it meant that scripter can do anything within the FPSC world. I would not however get this mod. The scripting commands are now in many other mods. This is quite an old mod and it would be best for you to get something like Project Green. This is still free but has all the commands of Plys mod. It also has the speed of V1.15 and less bugs than V1.09 of FPSC.
Thread Link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=21&t=128688&p=0
Feature List:

Name: Airmod
Creator: Airslide
Type Of Mod: Enhancing Mod (Open Source)
Description: I must say that I did not join FPSC in time to see this mods release. Since joining I have heard so many mentions of this mod. It truly is one of the greatest mods of FPSC. I would not advise new users to get this however as it is an old mod which is open source and as a result is now in may other mods. The greatest thing gained from this mod I believe is the iron sights, a great add on for FPSC.
Thread Link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=127029&b=21
Feature List:

Name: EFX Mod V2
Creator: Night HawkDark Goblin
Description: This mod does not run at the fastest possible speed because of the amount of detail this mod gives FPSC. This mod is incredible considering that it was made so long ago.
Thread Link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124035&b=21http://efx.helixsoftware.eu
Feature List:

Name: Lemur V2
Creator: Urlforce Studios Airslide Plystire S4 Real
Description: Once again this mod is a groundbreaking mod. It is one of the few mods which has contributed massively to FPSC. As the first mod for multiplayer, TDM was one of the first additions to Lemur.
Thread Link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124345&b=21
Feature List:

Name: Cranox
Creator: Dark Goblin
Cost: Free (Open Source)
Description: This mod has been discontinued, but like all mods which have added material to FPSC it has now been discontinued. There are some advantages of using this mod however. The mod has a decent FPS rate and has very good graphics due to the modifications.
Thread Link: [/href]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=154333&b=21
Feature List:

Kalinka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 18:44
Why there is only 1 mod?

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Please wait while i update with all of the mods that there are. I dont expect to cover them all today. I have a few mods at the moment and I am taking a break for a meal. I will be back to work in a while.

.CALIBRE - COMING MAY 2010
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 19:25
Nice work; I appreciate the time you're putting into this.

-Keith
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 19:34
this should be stickied

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys. I would love it if i could have this stickier but its not my call Im adding some more now.

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 20:23
Thanks Arenas, and The name is Xara not Xtra ^^

Intel Core 2 duo e7300 2.66ghz (Wolf-Dale) edition. Geforce 9800GTX+ Plus Edition OC. 4Gb of memory ram. 500HDD
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay. im still updating it all. Im having a problem with the code html command not working...

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 22:22
Good work though Plystire's name is spelled wrong twice.

dark peanut

current projects: a game about a guy
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Name corrections. I just cant seem to spell that name.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 22:29
Quote: "Nice work; I appreciate the time you're putting into this."

As somebody else doesn't seem to have the time: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=116411&b=24.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 22:34
You should actually ammend the Project Blue. The Creators are Plystire and S4Real.

BlackFox, BlueFox, and HockeyKid are not creators of this mod. We have separate roles.

Cheers

Mike

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I was aware that Hockeykid will be adding to the mod, but im not sure if you and blue will be doing the same. I will keep Hockeykid, shall i remove yourself and blue?

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 23:27
HockeyKid is not the only person adding to this project. He is a Developer, as am I for Project Blue. Plystire and S4Real are the Creators.

Under Creators, put Plystire and S4Real. Under Developers, put BlackFox and HockeyKid.

Cheers

Mike

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 23:32
Good Idea!

Will come in handy for those new here, or wanting a mod.

I was thinking of doing this last month, yet never got around to doing it. Glad you did tho, and better than what I would have done as well

[img][/img]
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 01:33
i am suprised it took so long for someone to make a thread for this

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 02:23
Quote: "The lightrays are currently unique to this mod and I don’t think that any of the other mods will have half of these features for quite some time."

If someone else grabbed the CorVus Mod sourcecode (which is up for free last time I checked) then every mod can technically have those features. I thought Kill3r was simply adding onto and fixing up the CorVus source code.

No matter, the list is looking good so far.

The one and only,

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 04:10
Quote: "f someone else grabbed the CorVus Mod sourcecode (which is up for free last time I checked) then every mod can technically have those features. I thought Kill3r was simply adding onto and fixing up the CorVus source code."

I fix the performance of this mod but I create some lines of code than 500 for advance effects on my modification, Is not easy and not fast

Intel Core 2 duo e7300 2.66ghz (Wolf-Dale) edition. Geforce 9800GTX+ Plus Edition OC. 4Gb of memory ram. 500HDD
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 05:07
That's what I said:
Quote: "I thought Kill3r was simply adding onto and fixing up the CorVus source code."

Just saying that the core features are available for modders to use.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
If there is anything technically incorrect i will change it if the community decides in an overwhelming vote that it should be changed. Im not sure what should be happening on this matter of the features in Xara. I will note that this was one of the first mods to get some of the features listed.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 12:21 Edited at: 5th Feb 2010 15:00
Hi,

Thanks to including WASP mod, but to be fair to all, I've not really had the time to pursue the mod as I'd wished, and to be honest, Fenix mod is so good I felt there was little point continuing as most features of WASP mod have either found there way into Fenix mod or Hockeykid has permission to include them is he wishes.

I'm intending to add most of the included features from WASP mod to the Modders Resource Database as I think that will be where it will be of the most use to users.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I think that just because its not a main stream mod doesnt mean its not important to the community. some larger mods overwelm most new users, your mod is a nice introduction.

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
Arenas maybe you should also add CorVus Mod into your List, because Xara is based on its source code and write that it is based, so everyone can clearly see it!

Otherwise nice list, but efxMod is not in ^^

... efxMod Developer!
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well I think that just because its not a main stream mod doesnt mean its not important to the community. some larger mods overwelm most new users, your mod is a nice introduction."

I can see that and it's very nice of you to say. Still, given my time restraints. (I've also 5 small remakes ongoing, 2 original projects and a book to write... As I haven't touched the book since December somethings have to go I'm afraid.).

However, WASP mod will live on in one form or another, mostly likely in an Open-Source kind of way.
BlueFox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 15:52 Edited at: 5th Feb 2010 16:27
Quote: "If there is anything technically incorrect i will change it if the community decides in an overwhelming vote that it should be changed "

@ Arenas

It is not up to the community to determine whether or not technical information on a particular mod is correct or incorrect, it is up to the creator/owners of that mod to determine information authenticity.

In regards to PB - please correct the information in regards to the creators of this mod. The creators are: S4Real and Plystire . Developers are HockeyKid and Blackfox. As well, the price of PB is 28 USD, Blackfox has previously requested you correct this misinformation, and you have not changed it. As owners of this mod, we request that all information on PB is posted accurately to the community.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i am going to be putting a lot of finished mods or quiet mods on here. This is a list of the mods i cant wait to include:

Airmod, EFX Mod, Horror Mod, Lemur (I cant test it).

I feel that these mods were legendary. All mods discontinued or not i want to inculde as this is a mod list including even the smallest mod. Also i will be re-arranging the order of the material as if you open a code snippet and close it again an extra line is added :S I think that the feature list will be put at the end of the data on each mod. If anyone can provide me with thumbnail links and full screen links that would be good also (and say the mod that they are from

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
As I said, maybe change the little thing with Xara Mod, I have written some post above this one.

For efxMod, maybe I can help you out with it (like Screenshots etc.), if I get some time!

... efxMod Developer!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 17:06
Yes; I forgot I had put that in, Nickydude. I'll add a link to this thread into that thread I made. I'll have to expand it/update it when I get time as well.

-Keith
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
With this thread guys could mods please post any modifications they make in a code block? I am working from a microsoft word document and just over-riding what i have dont to make the whole ordeal much easier to see whats where. You modifications will be written over. Fortunately this is the same as the most updated version of the document that i have so no modifications will be lost. Just for future reference guys

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 19:34
Xara Mod its based on Corvus mod, BUT NOW corvus mod not have updates or something

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 23:46
Update for Lemur V2:

Creators: Urlforce Studios, Airslide, S4real, Plystire

A small team actually worked on Lemur, not just urlforce.

The one and only,

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Version Of FPSC: V1.09"

not right ^^

efxMod v2 is for version 1.15, the Team is NightHawk and me, DarkGoblin

... efxMod Developer!
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Has that version been released yet? Could you guys send me a link please, that would be great!

Ply, sos, im sure i had added something asking for help on who was in that team

BlueFox
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Arenas

Thank you for making the modifications as requested. But please change the pricing you have posted. PB mod costs 28 USD NOT
Quote: "Cost: £17"
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 03:29
Its the link of EFX mod V2 Code Name europa.
http://efx.helixsoftware.eu/efxMod_2.0.1-1207_B9.rar

And this The ultimate version 2.0.2

http://efx.helixsoftware.eu/efxMod_2.0.2-1212_C0.rar

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
Kill3r7 please no deeplink to the files!
Link to the main page, there you will find both versions.

The mainpage can be found here:
http://efx.helixsoftware.eu

... efxMod Developer!
BlueFox
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Arenas

Thank you for making the modifications as requested. But please change the pricing you have posted. PB mod costs 28 USD NOT
Quote: "Cost: £17". This is a critical error. Please change.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 18:06
Hope Arenas doesn't mind; but I've made the price change for you, Fox.

-Keith
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 18:11
Double post:

I've pointed to this thread in the "New to FPSCreator" sticky; as long as you can keep it current.

-Keith
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh right sorry about that Blue fox. I'll also add a link to your name now in the post.

KeithC, I'll probably be updating this once every weekend. This includes and mods that i have forgotten. If there are missed mods, please post them It makes my job alot easier

BlueFox
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Keith and Arenas for making the changes for us.
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 02:34 Edited at: 7th Feb 2010 02:36
Just to correct the efxMod Entry:

efxMod v2 was released quite some time ago and it is based on v1.15 and not 1.09.
Dark Goblin and Nighthawk (me) are the developers of efxMod.
There's no thread at the moment (though I think I had posted it some time ).
Please don't provide links to the older Threads, they're useless, except for getting information about some basic efxMod-features. (most of the features the older versions provided had been taken over to v2)
As there's no thread about it, it would make sense to provide the HP Link: http://efx.helixsoftware.eu/

I'm going to publish a complete feature list for the efxMod entry, soon, because the information posted on the first page of this thread is simply incomplete and therefore incorrect.

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 03:38 Edited at: 7th Feb 2010 03:46
and I also tried to tell you that there are some points which are not right with the efxMod entry and you haven't changed it, nor I think you have read my posts!

Told you already that Nighthawk wasnt the only one working on it, I told you that there is a new version, provided a link to the efx HP!

And also told you to add a line to Xara Mod which clearly says on which Mod it is based and nothing has changed!

What makes me feel bad is this:
Quote: " I was very surprised by the features of it. They were like nothing I have ever experience. The lightrays are currently unique to this mod and I don’t think that any of the other mods will have half of these features for quite some time."

- So you have never experienced them before Xara Mod?
- So you never saw Cranox/CorVus Mod?
- You never read anything in Kill3r7 thread that it is based on an other Mod, which went open-source?
- You have never tried to look at "the source mod"?

Sry for this strong words, but if you dont take your time and collect all needed data for such a list, than dont do one!
Its not our job to tell you all of this.
Sure we can help you with some things, some details could be wrong (because a lot of times the descriptions in a lot of threads change!), but its your job to give all of us the right information.

And if I read the whole thread right, there were not only mistakes in the entrys of "efxMod" and "CorVus Mod", also in "Project Blue" and others.
And than I read posts like:
Quote: "Has that version been released yet? Could you guys send me a link please, that would be great!"

Than 2 guys (Kill3r7 and me) provide Links (and I also corrected the Links of Kill3r7) and nothing changed on the description in the first post, but the mistakes of other Mods changed, I think:
Why do I even write him/her the information wanted if he/she ignors it?
Read the complete Thread and not only some posts!
Its your ModList and if you want it to be "as perfect as possible" and want the developers of these Mods to be sure the information are correct, than use the things we give you.

I am very scared that Nighthawk has to write the whole thing again, which I have written just (let me count it) 10 Posts before his, this can not be the way this List will be completed!

And now lets switch back to the point here and maybe only people who work on Mods for FPSC post in this thread and correct things.
Because they are the only persons who know which is really right!

PS: Dont think I hate you, just wanted to clearly say this!

EDIT:
Found another "bug" in the List. My open source mod is called "CorVus Mod" and not "Cranox Mod" for some time now. Pls change this!

EDIT2:
@Kill3r7:
Quote: "Xara Mod its based on Corvus mod, BUT NOW corvus mod not have updates or something"

So you know for sure? Have I said, that there will never be any source update for CorVus Mod? ^^

... efxMod Developer!
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 03:52
...Alright, Dark Goblin, I'm going to be honest here... You seem a bit...touchy about CorVus mod going into Xara mod. You always seem to be on edge about it, and try to critisize it a bit more then you probably should... You have a valid point, its just you could approach the situation a little better.

About the guide itself... Nice work. Now we just need a bot to automatically redirect anyone who posts a thread saying "wer cn i fnd de modz" and send them here. So much time, now saved...

Good job.

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

it was the best song in the world..."
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont want this thread to get off topic but there is one thing I want to talk about!

Quote: "You always seem to be on edge about it, and try to critisize it a bit more then you probably should"

Where do I critizise Xara Mod or even Kill3r7 directly?
I also write with him in MSN and try to help him, getting bugs out of it!

... efxMod Developer!
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 04:21 Edited at: 7th Feb 2010 04:21
Yeah figured it'd get that kind of reaction...

I don't think you critisize him directly, you just seem kind of touchy about it. Sarcasm, pointing out every problem, etc. Almost as if you miss having the mod...

But yes. If we want to continue having this "heated discussion" we should through email. Not here.

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

it was the best song in the world..."
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 08:26
OMG KeithC 13 posted on his thread! SPAMMER! lolol! Kidding, no need to argue!

But thanks, this is nice. Will help peple finding mods. And I also think this should be stickied.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 10:20 Edited at: 7th Feb 2010 11:58
Sorry guys. I have not ignored anyone's posts. I just havent had the time to make more then a quick post and actually sit down and edit the entire thread.

Dark Goblin, I have just finished my mock exams. The reason i posted this thread was because i had a free day of study leave with only two exams left. I figured i could pare some time to make this thread. Now i realise in my exams where i have gone wrong i am intensively revising several subjects to try to improve my grade from C's to A's and A*'s. I will still spare an amount of time on the weekend to go over this thread and modify it where appropriate. This is what i have decided to do over the next hour (I still have a coursework re-write, german words to learn (70 - 80) and i will be going out at 11:45 to 5:15 on an educational trip. Sorry if it seems like i am ignoring your posts, i just havent changed the thread lately.

NB, I cant do this as coursework took too long to complete. So i will find sometime during this next week.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay guys. I have a free day. Is there anything anyone would like me to add or update?

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes the things we have already written in this thread

Like the Details for efxMod for example ^^

... efxMod Developer!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:14:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:14:47