Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / (OUT NOW) HQ sci-fi texture pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 16:54 Edited at: 28th Feb 2010 12:31
As my old post was locked here we go again

Pack contain 50 HQ (1024 X 1024) textures all are in JPEG & PNG format

---------------------------------------
pack contains
----------------------------------------
A total of 50 HQ (1024 X 1024) jpg Textures

1. 1 x Royalty Free commercial & non-commercial license
2. 13 x floor textures
3. 28 x wall textures
4. 9 x Ceiling textures

MORE INFO AND SCREEN SHOTS www.horizon-design.org

Thanks for feed back

PRICE DROPED e

Price $15.47 (£10)
JPG FORMAT Available from http://store.payloadz.com/go?id=787857 JPG
PNG FORMAT Available from http://store.payloadz.com/go?id=788109 png

DEMO PACK DOWNLOAD: http://horizon-design.org/download.php?view.8

---------------------------------------
www.horizon-design.org
----------------------------------------

HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 16:57

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
25 dollars!! thats expensive... and i dont like the textures they are just fin

We are watching you
HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 18:26 Edited at: 24th Feb 2010 23:33
Quote: "and i dont like the textures they are just fin"

lol that makes sense

£15 isn't alot! there only available for 3 or 4 weeks and Royalty Free for commercial & non-commercial use.

Wheatley
Years of Service
User Offline
WOOOAAA Dude!!! Bring the price down JEEEZ!!!! The textures are ok, they are more landscaaoe and clean than people would want... But they look tottaly awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heltor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 18:32
I must say they look cool, but not 25$ worth of cool....lol

If your not on the edge your taking up to much room!!!!!!!
HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 19:00 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2010 19:02
Thanks for feed back

PRICE DROPED e

Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 19:58 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2010 20:00
is that how bad the Pound is to the dollar...

...sorry, looks good

EDIT: Or is that a good rate, i forget

I love Cheese; It Fills Me With Glees,
My Tastebuds it please; oh yes, i love cheese.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 20:17
Quote: "Price $15.47 (£10)"

That's not bad, thats like .30 cents a piece for a limited time offer. I'll grab 'em. Thanks buddy. Haven't talked to you in awhile Hope things are going well for you.

I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time.
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 20:53 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2010 22:36
are all these textures seamless.
Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
I could make an urt style game with these. great

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
I think they are very good value, the time it takes to create 50 textures is worth the asking price.

If you wanted textures from a PRO texture artist it would cost you that an hour!
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 18:26
Regardless of the price I wouldnt buy textures, only segments.

Otherwise I couldnt be sure that the textures will match the FPSC measures.

And since there are free tools available to create segments, imho its not too much to ask, that someone who wants to sell his product does the job of making it FPSC ready himself.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 20:43 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2010 20:44
Quote: "Otherwise I couldn't be sure that the textures will match the FPSC measures. "

errr screen shots should clear that up and if not there's a video on YouTube, The best sizes for FPS textures is 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 so im told

Quote: "And since there are free tools available to create segments, imho its not too much to ask, that someone who wants to sell his product does the job of making it FPSC ready himself"

Then in that case there's no need to complain, it wouldn't be a problem for ANY one to do it themselves, I didn't make these for use in FPSC alone there available to any one that wants to use them in what ever game engine thy chose.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 21:18
Really good looking textures comrade!!

"I haz no sig :o"
HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 22:04
as requested PNG is now available

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 22:59
I was just about to buy the png ones, I put the currency to GBP, hit buy, it takes you to paypal, only the paypal is in USD, now then, I'm sure paypal charges for money conversion, so Ill wait to get these once I convert a larger amount of money into my USD paypal amount, then Ill get these, Ive been waiting to see these come out.

On a separate matter, I contacted you a while back about some contract work, that would of been ready now, only the coder I used for the job was from a freelancer web site, guy was useless, had to close the project and inform a dispute facilitator, job will have to be re started and contracted again, very annoying, getting good hired help can be a pain in the bum.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 00:26
Eh. They're OK. Colours are nice, very good contrast but they're PRE-LIGHTED. Not good. If I had to, I'd rate this pack 7. Fifteen bucks is a good price.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 13:11 Edited at: 24th Feb 2010 13:12
Quote: "On a separate matter, I contacted you a while back about some contract work, that would of been ready now, only the coder I used for the job was from a freelancer web site, guy was useless, had to close the project and inform a dispute facilitator, job will have to be re started and contracted again, very annoying, getting good hired help can be a pain in the bum.
"

Hi fallen

No problem, i have a fair bit of freelance work on at moment to keep me busy for the next 3 weeks or so anyway.
Send me an email or contact me at my website when your ready m8.

Regards
-H-

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 23:31
This angers me.

Very nice segments. Which cost money. Which I don't have.

Oh well. Very nice looking. Unfortuantely I have already blown through my money for the next month or so.

But know that if I did have money I'd get these!

HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2010 12:30
For those of you that requested it.

This is a Demo pack of my large sci-fi texture pack

------------------
This pack contains
------------------

1x wall .png (1024 x 1024)
1x floor .png (1024 x 1024)

each Demo texture has a small water mark.
--------------
Terms of use:
--------------

non-commercial use only
do not claim as your own work
These files are FREE and not to be sold
When used pleas give credit

--------------------------------------------------

DEMO PACK DOWNLOAD: http://horizon-design.org/download.php?view.8

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 17:01
Come on dude! Release them for free

God Helps the Beast in Me!
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
wolf is right!

HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 19:19
Quote: "Come on dude! Release them for free "

That wouldn't be very fair to the people that purchase them.

Quote: "wolf is right!"

Nop... he's not

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 20:54
People around here actually paid fifteen dollars for fifty textures? I am surprised.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
look,cyborg art released bunch of weapons by 10 dollars

HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 22:37
Quote: "look,cyborg art released bunch of weapons by 10 dollars"

and your point is ?

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 23:40
Aww, come on guys. I bought them, and after seeing the Quality, and detail of the set. I totally think it's worth the asking price.

If these were just average textures ( Like a revamped collection of CGTexures or the like) That would be totally different. But instead, these are custom pieces of art made from scratch. And no doubt took a lot of hours to make.

Honestly, He'll be lucky to get a decent rate per hour, after all is said and done.

Don't get me wrong here my friends, I'm not in any way, trying to knock you guys down, I wouldn't do that in a Million years, But we all need to respect each other, And not try to slam a guy for trying to make a buck for his hard work.

Not everyone here is as crazy as I am about giving away free stuff. ( you all know that's true).

Horizon: Recieved my download link promptly, and as I stated above, these are really nice. Top quality textures here. I"m very pleased, and look forward to doing business with you again. Thanks!

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
wow,Cosmic prophet just destroyed my world... and i downloaded the demo too... nice textures horizon

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 00:55 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2010 03:46
Quote: "wow,Cosmic prophet just destroyed my world"

Bloody James: That was not my intension, my friend. I'd support you the same way, in a heartbeat. And you can take that to the Bank.

your Pal CosmicP.

SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Totally worth the asking price!

If you want quality original stuff then you have to pay for it, $15 is not a kings ransom for these textures.

If you want them, pay for them, if not...........
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 15:01 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2010 15:05
They are good but they do look awfully clean. But I guess if you are looking for that style of game then it is a great pack.

Quote: "and your point is ?"

I can kinda see his point, as you was releasing a pack at $25 for segments which anyone can do by just downloading Firma and learning a couple of Photoshop tuts. Whereas Cyborg Art made, animated and imported a weapon pack for $10, which is harder as you got to do alot of animations for the objects and also you have model and texture each one.

HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 15:33 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2010 15:58
Quote: "I can kinda see his point, as you was releasing a pack at $25 for segments which anyone can do by just downloading Firma and learning a couple of Photoshop tuts"

LOL. I didn't spent my time copying tutorials to make them.

These are original and limited....,you wont even find a tutorial to make them.

A couple of Photo shop tuts wont get you very far at all when making 50 differnt Textures when thy contain 30 or more different layers and layer styles, over 5 different gradients and patterns + lots more. all my design are made from scratch , i didn't spend the last 3 years learning photo shop to use tutoral design's from other people

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 16:05 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2010 16:06
Quote: "I can kinda see his point, as you was releasing a pack at $25 for segments which anyone can do by just downloading Firma and learning a couple of Photoshop tuts. Whereas Cyborg Art made, animated and imported a weapon pack for $10, which is harder as you got to do alot of animations for the objects and also you have model and texture each one."

I grow quite tired of these comparisons. Just because one artist decides to undervalue their work (which is entirely up to them), doesn't mean all artists should follow suite. Everything that artists, scripters, sound/music developers, etc.; make, takes time and knowledge to create. To some, that equals some form of compensation; to others, merely a thankyou.

Cosmic Prophet could have easily sold his work; yet he chose to give it away. Perhaps he is in the position where he doesn't need the added income, but most of us aren't. I'm sure his collections have meant fewer sales for other artists; but that's what he wants to do, and you have all been benefiting from his generosity. I'd be willing to bet that some of you would begin complaining if he decided to make a commercial pack in the future!

I remember Wizard of Id deciding to put a password system on his downloads of free work; because he became tired of little response to his generosity. I'm sure there are similar stories in the scripting and sound areas as well.

You guys need to stop taking everything here for granted; stop comparing one artist's way of doing business to another's, and stop undervaluing someone's time and work.

I've said it before; but if you keep this up, it will discourage current artists from doing anything substantive for free or for a low price. There are other communities out there (Torque, for example) that pay much higher for similar work you are seeing here. It wouldn't take much for the FPSC artists to make the transition.

-Keith
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 23:44
HoriZon you was sent a mail by myself with the words Design Contracts in the title - Fri, 26 Feb. I didn't hear from you. The mail gives a brief, and says it needs costs and times, to evaluate your services. Also mentions the point I follow time constraints with the line - it says saves me time if I have to pass on you. So over half a week has passed for your input, so I am giving a reminder here, please note, don't post items concerning the job in this thread.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Mar 2010 00:03
if you dont want them then dont comment, if you dont like the price then get a job

nice textures, I really like them alot. great job, ill get thease in a couple days for shure.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I grow quite tired of these comparisons. "

And I wasn't comparing.. I was merely explaining what he could of meant.
Quote: "A couple of Photo shop tuts wont get you very far at all when making 50 differnt Textures when thy contain 30 or more different layers and layer styles, over 5 different gradients and patterns + lots more. all my design are made from scratch , i didn't spend the last 3 years learning photo shop to use tutoral design's from other people
"

I know and I appreciate the hard work and generosity you have put into this pack, and I apologize for my post before, I don't mind if you put a price tag on your work, if you think it is worthy to sell. Hey, I don't even use FPSC, I just wanted to clarify Bloody Jame's comment, and perhaps went into it a bit to far.. By saying that hard work put into something else. I understand the frustration and anger as it isn't nice for someone to undervalue your work and I know. And if I tried to keep on a neutral point of view perhaps I wouldn't be in this position. But I am sorry and apologise for any upset I may of caused with my comment.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2010 03:42
Nice work Horizon. Well worth the price for your time in the development of these.

Keep up the great work

Cheers

Mike

HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2010 23:07
@fallen one

sorry, your email went to junk for some reason. I have sent you a replied now'

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2010 04:09
Quote: "Release them for free"

everybody has to make a living, i think these look great anyways.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2010 07:02
You guys also keep forgetting that media of this quality often goes for at least $5 a texture on most Indie development sites as well.. Just like the Model Packs, we're just spoiled with cheap prices around here, but it also makes a bunch of people ASSUME those are the industry's standard prices, WRONG.. Very VERY wrong, we're being spoiled here, and you people are too blind to actually see it and simply go 'OMG WTF IZ THIEZ!? TIZ IZ NUT FAIRZ' when people actually put a 'proper' pricetag on their work. <-- Not directed to the people which tried to say the same thing offcourse, but to the whiners.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 16:31
Hi HoriZon, just sending a heads up that I sent you a reply mail on the 4th, just in case your mail was playing up again.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2010 02:56
Quote: "everybody has to make a living"

Yeah! But we do not live in such a merry world that you can live with selling segments

...would be great though!

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
HoriZon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2010 14:12
@fallen one

email recicived,Thank for the heads up....added you to contacts so should get them all now

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 22:15
Forgot to mention, nice segment textures!

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:46:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:46:12