Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Bug Reports / Loads of bugs in V.1.16 (with and without fenix mod)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 20:12 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2010 20:14
Well...I use FPSC long enough to say that I had almost every bug...but it still keeps me busy.

I would love if anybody could help me on the following bugs:

Bug 1: Enemys do not spawn

Since I updatet to 1.16, several enemys do not spawn anymore in the map. Some do work correctly, others do not spawn at all. But I can hear the sounds of the Lobotomy characters and they can damage me, but I do not see them InGame and I cannot shoot them.

I might add that some characters play the idle animation in the editor while placeing.

Bug 2: I cannot build a game

Well, I can' t build a game in the 1.16 version (with or without fenix mod) It crashes at the following points:

Loading Bulletholes
Initialising Physics
Loading Active Decals

Bug 3: Enormous amount of lightmapping errors

I can' t tell how this is behaving in the builded version since I cannot actually build a game but loads of entities do not get lightmapped correctly and are completely bright. (yes, they are static and no, they do not have assigned shaders).

These are most likely objects with a slightly higher polycount or objects that should cast slightly more detailed shadows.

I attached a screenshot.

I had this problem in older fpsc versions too...just to mention that.

Bug 4: Weapons and Items do not always get picked up

Sometimes, I am unable to pickup all the weapons or items in test game mode...it just doesnt work.

I also experienced that I picked up the gun, but the model on the ground was still visible (I checked the scripts, they where alright)

So if anybody could help me... I would be really thankful and I could finally release my game

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 20:42
Hmm sounds like quite the list of errors, many of which I my self have not had.

Have you done the usuals like dbpro cleaner, fresh install, lightmapping quality change?

The cannot build game one I would put on the RAM bug that seems to happen when building. But I don't know the fix for it.

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 21:46
Quote: "Since I updatet to 1.16, several enemys do not spawn anymore in the map. Some do work correctly, others do not spawn at all. But I can hear the sounds of the Lobotomy characters and they can damage me, but I do not see them InGame and I cannot shoot them. "

Yep, I had the same thing, it's about shaders.
It can be fixed with using a different shader and if you've retextured the enemy, copy its texture maps and make a new entity with the different texture path, and different shader.
That worked for me when I had the same problem.

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 23:06
i know the problems wolf, when i finally made a really nice level, i get the errors...

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 04:05
Thanks guys! I'm working on it! ... If there is a Thread named "Euthanasia" in the Showcase Board this weekend, I made it

If not... I might get the tourette syndrome

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2010 08:55
Quote: "Bug 1: Enemys do not spawn "

Same thing here,try replacing appear1 with appear2.It worked for me.
Quote: "Bug 2: I cannot build a game"

Again,I get the same problem.
Quote: "Bug 4: Weapons and Items do not always get picked up "

And again,same friggn' problem here.
I found out that (atleast for me) FenixMod is the problem.So I switched to Project Green and everything was fixed (for now ).
But there just one big problem with that.The frame rate went from a steady 40fps to 20fps and made my game virtually unplayable.

Quote: "If not... I might get the tourette syndrome"

I feel ya buddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2010 10:46
Quote: "Bug 1: Enemys do not spawn "

I haven't gotten this issue before. Thats strange.

Quote: "Bug 2: I cannot build a game "

I think everybody has this issue. This is what bothers me the most.

Quote: "Bug 3: Enormous amount of lightmapping errors "

I had this in V1.15. I still get this but only if have the light-map texture size to like 256 or 128 or so.

Quote: "Bug 4: Weapons and Items do not always get picked up "

Never gotten this either. Thats very odd.

Seems some people got it worse then me. All i got is the build problem and even if i was to build it. the game whould lag crazy if i start to move. I hope everything works out dude!

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 05:16:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 05:16:24