Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Finding an object within the editor?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 01:11
Hey guys, I am having a weird problem. I am using x10 and I am trying to find a specific object within my game. I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Is there any way I can locate a specific object? I keep crashing and I believe its because of this entity. It's from butter cutters liteFX. I crash when I get into test game. Posted a pic of the object which still seems to be in memory. As I have ran the cleaner.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 03:29 Edited at: 20th May 2010 03:31
Soviet, Testing in Test Game can sometimes be a bit tricky.
From recent tests I have incounted that the media in mention can have major conflicts with the current and future versions and updates of this engine.

From my years of using this engine, I am not aware you can pin point the in question media you are trying to find. However bad news is the media/object/cutter may be imbedded so you cant see it at all.
I am currently in the process of building a 18level game, however I am planning on a new thread to help and explain how to over come errors such as these.
Also I should note, ButterFingers said this media is not supported. So its a risk and should be heavly tested prior to using in a prebuilt level.

Tips to try.
1. Revert back to a prior save of the level (if not, I suggest to to make these.)

2. Make a new level and place the in question media, to see what it looks like in editor (it may be a simple overlook)

3. Try to remember where you may have placed the in question media, and remove/delete all segs/entitys in this area and rebuild (make new save name)

4. Rebuild level over again, and test any unknown media in a new level before hand. (If it works fine, then its good to go)

Also on the topic, media that may have worked in a prior version and may now have conflicts with future versions, can cause many so called unknown errors. Search my profile, for a indepth find I discovered a few years back, it may help anyone understand lag/build errors.

I have attached a picture, this is the cause of a 2d array glitch caused by conflict media (in this case Butter Cutter), This is caused by a test build, recreating segment mesh underneath a prior segment.
more soon.....

demo released.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 03:46 Edited at: 20th May 2010 03:52
Hmm I see. Thank you very much Defy. I have tried to do some tests myself and come to find that it does not show up in the editor at all. Completely invisible. It seems to only crash when I switch to Multi-player. When I switched to single plater just to test it was fine. I am not sure why. What would make it crash just by going to MP? I never changed anything. I do believe it's this lite thing. And I have looked everywhere for this object. It eludes me

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
That is fine.
All though I can not help you directly, I hope that was a small insight to my research.
All the best.

Oh if you do need to rebuild, take a screen shot in editor via Ctrl/Print Screen and copy and remap via the screen shot. Makes it easier.

demo released.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 17:33
I've had the same problem before, a small rouge entity that you just cannot seem to find! The way I got round it was to move the texture of the entity from the texture folder, this will then make the object show up as white (no texture). Remember to move the texture back when finished though!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 23:43:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 23:43:44