Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Upgrade to 75 - error message when selecting compile

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2010 22:46
HI,
I had W7 with DBPro (U74) working as well as it usually does. I upgrade to U75 and I am getting an error message when I select execute or debug compile. The single message says "Failed to 'LoadProjectFile', Failed to 'LoadDBA', Failed to 'LoadDBA'". Before the upgarde, it programs work - after the upgrade they do not.
Any explanation?

Regards
BandP College Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2010 00:26
Added note,
I tried Synergy and CodeSurge and there are no problems, so why doesn't the original editor work. Note that my version of DBPro is not the free version.

I also need to give a warning. In my investigations I looked in the editor folder and found a program called 'EditorNew.exe'. In a naive moment I double-clicked this file to see what happened. My machine went mad as multiple instances of the process started and carried on being started. I needed to go into task manager to close the program tree before my computer blew up (figuratively speaking). Should people be told about this - it's pretty scary when it happens?

Regards
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 6th Jul 2010 01:14
Quote: "My machine went mad as multiple instances of the process started and carried on being started."

No problem here - it just opened a single instance of the editor in the usual way.

Which version are you using? I seem to be using U7.5beta13. Several editor bugs have been dealt with recently so your problem might not arise now.

I'm using Vista Home Premium.
BandP College Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2010 20:55
Hi Valued Member,
Problem 1:
I'm not sure what you are asking (or telling) me. I have a PC running Windows 7 Professional. I installed a paid version of DBP (Version 54). I upgraded it to U74 level. All my programs DBP code worked as normal. I then upgrade to U75 and I get the previously mentioned error messages, even on the simplest of code.

Problem 2:
The 'My machine went mad' comment was after I navigated to the DBP editor folder and double clicked the file '"EditorNew.exe'. At that point and error message was displayed and an icon appeared on the task bar, then another appeared and another and so on. Before I took action with the task manager there were over 50 icons and error messages being displayed and the thing was still doing it. That is not "a single instance of the editor in the usual way," as you put it.

I realsie I am talking about separate problems here. The first one I want to resolve the second was something else that occured during my investigations.

P.S. Where do you find "U7.5beta13"?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 14:08
According to the Windows 7 Compatibility thread, you should be running the IDE in administrator mode - see the thread for details, and see if that fixes the problem for you.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 16:56 Edited at: 7th Jul 2010 16:56
Quote: "P.S. Where do you find "U7.5beta13"?"

Here:

dbpro upgrade 7.5 beta13

But that isn't the latest version which you can get here:

final released version of dbpro upgrade 7.5

Does the same problem arise if you re-boot the PC first? I've experienced odd glitches like that from time to time with a variety of software - but they're never repeatable in a predictable manner. However, I'd try IanM's suggestions first.
BandP College Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 20:35 Edited at: 7th Jul 2010 20:37
I have a reasonably sophisticated PC that has w7 professional (64bit) installed with a mid-range graphics card. Respondants should note that I have already mentioned that my installation of DBPro plus upgrades to 7.4 (plus the appropriate version of DirectX) has worked fine with no problems at all - full stop.

I install upgrade 7.5

Now what worked correctly before has stopped working correctly.
Note the ONLY change has been the new upgrade. OK, I admit that several other things may have been installed since the last time I ran DBPro but none of these - I keep a log - could have (should have) affected the way DBPro works.

Having worked before the upgrade without modifying any administrator modes or compatibility settings I don't understand why I should be resorting to that anyway (BTW - I've tried that since my first entry here and it does not resolve the problem).

I have gone through the W7 compatibility thread and tried even the most unlikely suggestions - no joy. I have studied the FPS thread as well (I haven't installed FPS yet); at least someone else there mentions the 'Falied to LoadDBA' error. Again, no joy.

I am assuming that it is the DBPro executable that is delivering the error message - can someone at least tell me what it means?

I supply an image of said error dialog box.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2010 16:13
Perhaps the editor can't find the compiler? Since the new editor is kinda like Synergy, try going to the "Tools"->"Options"->"Environment" and manually set the path to your compiler. I don't know what else would give such basic errors.

Aralox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2010 03:31
Ive got a similar problem here, the program compiles, then it crashes with windows giving me this:

Im running vista

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:18:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:18:40