Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Space Invaders 3D

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 03:51 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:34
Hey guys,

I wrote this game for the Intel Atom compo (not even 3rd of course), but I was nearly out of time so I didn't even put it through the WIP forums first. It's finished now, anyway, so it belongs here.

NEW VERSION!!

This one includes a dynamic background.

Finally got a screenshot up here

Tell me what you think !

post image

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 15:18
Screenshots please

TheComet

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 20:36
Quote: "Screenshots please "

Seconded

Wow i feel so lazy

51fa1db0ec7c4af52d93a6f5d0e86bc5
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 00:08 Edited at: 19th Oct 2010 00:08
This is pretty cool. It's a bit simple, and gets boring fast, but it's a nice twist on space invaders.
(screenshot)

swis

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 08:48 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:35
Hey guys,

I was rather expecting more then this. You guys are just lazy. Try actually downloading it. It's not big.

Btw it uses my new gui plugin that I'm developing atm.

Clonkex

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 09:39
Quote: "You guys are just lazy. Try actually downloading it. It's not big."

I'm always cautious with what I download. If you post a screenshot and it looks reasonable, I usually download it. Also, screenshots are required to be in a WIP post, says it in the AUP (or in one of the stickies, not sure), along with a description. If those points aren't followed, I always ignore the post until other people post positive feedback and somehow encourage me to try it too

TheComet

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2010 13:51
Quote: "I was rather expecting more then this. You guys are just lazy. Try actually downloading it. It's not big."

People shouldn't download anything without question, you could be anyone, your download could be malware for all we know.

Showing a screenshot should be a priority in a WIP post, if you don't show a screenshot then the only assumption is that it's not worth bothering about. Would you go and buy a game if it didn't have screenshots on the back cover?

The basic idea is to encourage people to download your game or check screenshots/videos and give you feedback, it's the sole purpose of the WIP board.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2010 07:57 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:35
Hmm...yes, sorry. The reason I didn't post a screenie is because 1) I'm lazy and 2) this isn't a WIP. It's a complete game. But yeah, as soon as I get round to it I'll post a screen shot (or 2).

Oh, I just realised. Someone already did. Well, there you are. A screenshot for you. It's as good as any I could have got.

You wouldn't believe the amount of hacks I used in making this. Plus the code was written in a huge hurry and is a messy as

Clonkex

klonoa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2010 17:33 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2010 17:47
Quote: "People shouldn't download anything without question, you could be anyone, your download could be malware for all we know.

Showing a screenshot should be a priority in a WIP post, if you don't show a screenshot then the only assumption is that it's not worth bothering about. Would you go and buy a game if it didn't have screenshots on the back cover?

The basic idea is to encourage people to download your game or check screenshots/videos and give you feedback, it's the sole purpose of the WIP board.
"

Sorry for my bad English

I agree with this, but sometime the people not download the game although the screen and the video is present or link is marked on WIP, for example, i download ever the game in this thread, if present a screenshoot or video, otherwise how can you give a feedback for the game to fix any bug or give any idea for to improve the game if not download tha game?

The game is cute, i think if you insert variants on aliens movements the game become most interesting

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2010 05:16 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:36
Hey guys,

I just remembered something. Most people don't like reading manuals. And when they don't like to read manuals they don't go into the options menu. Do it. Have a look in the options menu. Now!

And just in case you don't notice it, click the button that says In-Ship Camera Off to turn it on....then play!

Have fun!

Clonkex

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2010 05:30 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:36
Has no one come back to read? Really, if you have tried the in-ship camera, tell me what you think! I need feedback, I have to make more games one day, you know, and the best thing you can do to help is give feedback!

Clonkex

klonoa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2010 10:57
Sorry for my bad English

You add a effect movement on backdrop and the shield for the player ship,I think if you put the music the game would become beatiful

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2010 00:13 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:36
Quote: "I think if you put the music the game would become beatiful"

This is meant to be a retro-remake of the original Space Invaders. The original had no music (somewhat boring). Even so there's a small (very small) chance I might add some anyway.

Quote: "shield for the player ship"

No. this would require a huge rewrite of most of the code. Plus the original didn't have a shield.

Quote: "You add a effect movement on backdrop"

What do you mean by that? Do you mean the stars should be moving? Yes, I will have to think about that. Shouldn't be too hard to do, either. Ok, you may see a new version coming out soon with music and a moving background!

EDIT: I had accidentally put the quotes in codes.

Clonkex

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2010 01:54
screenshots are all we want see in a thread, wip, announcement,etc.

an image is better than 1000 words.

there's only 1 small shots. don't be so lazy!

ogni scarafone è bello a mamma sua.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 00:27 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:36
Oh, yes, ok, more screenshots coming soon on first post....but how do you make them appear? I can only manage to attach them for download.

Clonkex

Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
Great little game. I love Space Invader clones there always fun to play. You did a great job on the ships deaths. Looks really good but gets in the way of the enemy ships bullets. Its a little gripe

Graphics: 5/5 - For this kind of game.
Sound: 5/5 - Again for this type of game.
GUI: 5/5 - Does the job and looks decent.
Game Play 5/5 - Space Invaders is always addictive and you captured it perfectly.

All in all a great job
Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
I think screen shots are highly overrated. Every attempt I have ever made to include a screen shot have failed in any post I ever made. I have always ended up with someone else posting a screeny for me cause I can never get the stupid thing to work. Maybe if it were a little easier to add one, there might be a better compliance rate. I also believe people just use no screen shot as their excuse to be lazy. After all, your being very distrustful of people in a community of decent folks. To insinuate that a person would post a malware on this website is ridiculous. Lee Bamber and the other MODs would pluck that post faster than you could say "hey, look". Nice game, and as I recall, the original space invaders didn't exactly lure you into an interesting story line. It was just as lacking in complexity as this is. It is a fun game to play and that is all that matters. Nice job.

Richard
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 02:00 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:36
@Stormwire and Rasdini:

Thanks! The game was not meant to be an exact copy of the original, as is plainly obvious (the ships didn't blow into little pieces that flew in all directions in the original!), and that's where the lack of complexity comes from (as Rasdini already noted).

TRY THE IN-SHIP CAMERA MODE

...if you haven't already! It's in the options menu (which was possibly a silly place to put it cause no one ever looks in there). Just turn it on, go back and click start. It's really quite cool, but can be much more difficult because you don't have much of a chance to avoid the enemies shots before they hit you

Clonkex

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2011 18:45
@ Clonkex
I SWEAR i've Seen you before 2010!
*on topic
As for you game, i like it, very nice and believable destruction, strikingly simular to the original, i think this game is good, nice graphics, it's a 3D clone of space invaders, what more do you want? and for the in-ship camera, it's a nice touch for the game but i makes it alot harder to see the ship's blasts and nearly impossible to see the UFO.
Graphics- 4
Gameplay- 5
Overall Quality 4.5
Summary
Good for first game

My Current Project: Unbenounced to you, Puny Human!
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2011 07:34 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:36
@travis gatlin:

Thanks! In-Ship mode wasn't meant to be easy. It was simply meant to be different.

DID YOU KNOW.....I made the sounds myself? I made them in FL Studio.

ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!

New version available! Check the top post in a few minutes!

Clonkex

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 03:47 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:36
Quote: "@ Clonkex
I SWEAR i've Seen you before 2010!"

No.....

The only other forum I'm on is the www.clonk.de one, and only under the name D**** H***. (I blanked it cause I don't want to put my name on here )

Maybe my pic? I think someone else uses it too. I will make a custom one sometime.

EDIT: I mean maybe you saw my pic, and thought he was me. Or something. I don't really know at all.

Clonkex

Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2011 17:28
The explosions are very cool, Clonkex. Good game.

yrotate when you can spin?
God Bless!
/2007/dngsig.png[/img][/href]
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 06:45
i liked the first person mode

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 06:01 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:37
@Daygamer:

Thanks, I actually made them by accident!

@AJ Schaeffer:

So do I, but it needs some fine-tuning to make it really fun.

Clonkex

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 07:52
I get an error msg "parameter incorrect" when trying to launch under Windows 7 Home Premium. Compatability options don't fix the issue.

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600 x 120.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 08:55 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:37
I know, I couldn't fix that. I have absolutely no idea what the problem is, other then that it's a bug with DBPro and Windows 7. You should ask Lee what it is.

Sorry

EDIT: I did some research and it seems that bug is fixed in the latest beta version of DBPro. I don't know how you would get it, though.

Clonkex

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 08:56 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:37
Sorry, double-post

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:25:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:25:25