Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Nazi Zombies System by Gencheff

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2010 21:18 Edited at: 9th Dec 2010 19:36
I recently played COD:BO and the zombie mode sort of pushed me to do a remake in FPSC.
At first I thought it would be all so simple,come to find out I was as wrong as I could have been.
Even though it's still a work in progress,the basic stuff is done.

However one thing you should know,this is not for beginners!!!. It also requires RPG Mod , but can easily be integrated into project blue , as it uses variables to function.

So here's the basic idea of how this works.

You have points from which the zombies will enter.From a certain distance to each point there will be a waypoint to guide the zombie(s) in that row until he/they enter(s) the bunker,room or whatever.

Now before we get into all of that , we need to seperate the zombies into waves.To do so , we'll place a few zombies on the screen and name 4 of them t1.The trick here is to set the zombies option of spawning at start to NO and using a trigger zone,which will be placed outside of the walkable zone,to spawn every zombie with a certain name (in this case t1).

Before we start to write the script for the spawning we need a preperation script which will create some variables for us first.These variables will hold the following things : zombie kill count , current amount of money and if the zombies have broken the barriers.The script must be placed in a trigger zone,as it's main script :

Next thing we need to do is place a few other trigger zones and apply the wave scripts to each one and in each trigger zone's IF USED field write the name of the character wave you wish to be spawned.

Waves 1-3 scripts :

Wave1:

Wave 2 :

Wave 3 :

Notice how the only thing that changes is the killcount variable condition.

Then you put some basic waypoints which the zombies will follow to each hole/entry point in your bunker/whatever and rename the characters according to the wave they fall into.

Example : If you have 4 zombies in wave 1 , put 4 zombies in the map editor and edit their names to t1.Then put Spawn at start to NO and lower their speed(optional).

A basic layout should be like this :

There's no need to divide the waypoints at each entry point into 2.I only did that to add some variety of movement.An important note is to place each wave's characters over or near the same waypoint the other waves use.For example the t1 zombies are first in line at each waypoint.t2 (wave 2) are second and so on.

NOW FOR A VERY IMPORTANT PART! After each zombie kill the zombie kill count has to be raised by 1 and add 100$ or any prefered value to the player's money in order to allow him to buy weapons off walls. This is achieved by adding 1 simple line to each zombie's destroy script.Now since I don't have bond's permission to release his scripts,I'll write the line and explain how to add it.This only concerns the Zombie Apocalypse pack.

On the first line where it says :state=0:setframe=97,state=11 , add this infront of setframe=97 :
, so it would look like this :

This should be put in the scripts zombie1destroy.fpi,zombie2destroy.fpi,zombie3destroy.fpi and zombie4destroy.fpi

What this does is add +1 to total zombie kill count and 100$ to player's money.

Now the question is , how do you make weapon's require money to be used.Simple : all they need is an edit in their main script when placed as entities.This is the script that should be used :

EDIT 1 - Here's a revised script for the weapon pickup which uses hud images,instead of fpgcrawtext.It will be included in the demo,which will be up'd soon.

I have made 5 versions of these with different values,but I'd figure you guys know how to edit this one.By default it requires 500$ to buy a weapon , or equivalent of 5 zombie kills.

So What's left?

A lot of things actually.However I have only yet started to make them.One thing which is crucial though is a small edit in the zombies main scripts.The thing is bond's zombies will react when shot and start following you and that could easily trick to bump into walls.To fix that you could use Dark AI,but I'd rather use a different method.

What we have to do is make the zombies finish following the waypoints which will end just at the beginning of the bunker where the player hides.So basically we place them in a closed environment and then let them roam around for you.First of all remove the line of the zombie's main script which makes them go back to their starting waypoint : :waypointstate=5:animate=2,waypointreverse - this has to be deleted.

Then what's under ;DETECT PLAYER has to be changed from :state=0,plrdistwithin=300,plrcanbeseen:waypointstop,state=9,rotatetoplr,setframe=96,sound=x
:state=0,shotdamage=1:waypointstop,state=9,rotatetoplr,setframe=96

to

:state=0,waypointstate=5,plrcanbeseen:waypointstop,state=9,rotatetoplr,setframe=96,sound=x

That's it.This is an edit for zombie apocalypse's zombie1.fpi script.Same goes for zombie2.fpi,zombie3.fpi and zombie4.fpi

In the end you should be able to get something similar or better than this :

Once I get the barrier scripts working , I'll post them as well.

Remember this is for RPG Mod , but it could easily be changed for Project Blue

zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice job Gencheff, I remember doing something like this for Z-mod, if you want to see my barrier script I'd be happy to share it. Its a little old and its for Project Blue, but it wouldn't be too hard to change, like you said.

I'd change the world, but I don't have the source code
R.I.P. heltor, we will miss you
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2010 21:30 Edited at: 19th Nov 2010 21:35
...man, this looks intense, Gencheff!

Is there any chance that you could post a simple playable demo, so that we can
experience your system, firsthand?

...or at least treat us with a video?

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2010 21:33
@zeza-The problem I seem to be having is not with the script,but rather the physics which fpsc applies to a dynamic wood barrier.I put it as immobile as well as turned off all physics and it still throws the entity in mid air,making the whole barrier thing pointless.However I do have another idea how to aproach this,but I'd be more than happy to look at your script

@Seth - Yes,demo coming up tomorrow.In the mean time here's another screen.

I'll include the huds as well

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2010 21:33
Nice work, Gencheff. Nice to see RPG Mod getting some usage.

- BlackFox

RPG Mod- Create a world full of adventure
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2010 21:35
Very cool looking gencheff! love it so far. Can the zombies become harder to kill as the game progresses?

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2010 21:37
...whoah. This is looking fantastic.

Quote: "@Seth - Yes,demo coming up tomorrow..."

...will be greatly appreciated, Gencheff.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2010 21:37
It's all up to you,as you can change the zombie's health.

Since it just places it as a normal character and the system gives it a cue when to spawn,all you need to do is create a wave (for example number 5 and name all zombies t5 ) and mess around with their stats by right clicking on them.

Layken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 17:57
Can I make naziz zombies in fpsc 1.18 beta 3 ?
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 18:18
Gencheff, I know this is off topic a little, but I notice you use bonds shaders. I downloaded and installed the adobe photoshop link, and it wont seem to work. But I am using photoshop 64 bit. I don't know if it's supported.

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 19:59 Edited at: 20th Nov 2010 20:00
Do you mean the normal map plugin?If so , I have no idea.But you could download Xnormal for 64 bit systems.

Well , the promised demo is here :

Included :
1.3 Waves with different zombie amounts and strength
2.Headshot damage multiplier
3.Weapons with no crosshairs , just ironsights.
4.Buy weapons from walls : P226,P90,MP5N,M11,M249,M700a2 Camo,M4CQBR for 500,1000,1500,2000 and 3000 points
5.Zombie kills bring 100 points

To be included in next release (+tutorial) :
1.Barriers (Already done,just not added in this demo)
2.Achievements (Need suggestions)
3.Melee animations
3.Current points HUD

Important :
Do not exit the building,you will die!

Known bugs :
1.Wave 3's last zombie sometimes doesn't follow the waypoint.
2.After death , the buy weapon prompt hud doesn't fadeout if the player was within radius of 40.

Download Demo - http://upload.mediawire-bg.com/files/Nacht der Untoten.rar

The level design is alwful,but overall the demo is not that bad.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 22:35 Edited at: 20th Nov 2010 22:37
...I'm excited to try this out, Gencheff.

Many thanks.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 22:40
Well I hope it doesn't dissappoint .

A little tip,use the 1911 until the 3rd wave and get the MP5N.Zombies don't stand a chance

Layken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 19:17
Can I make naziz zombies in fpsc 1.18 beta 3 ???
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 19:24
Probably not the way you want it.You'll need a mod to make it good.

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 21:16
Quote: "To be included in next release (+tutorial) :
1.Barriers (Already done,just not added in this demo)
2.Achievements (Need suggestions)
3.Melee animations
3.Current points HUD
"

4. Project Blue version?

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 21:19
The only change will be in the variable commands , so I guess if I read the PB manual I can come up with it

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 21:21
Quote: "The only change will be in the variable commands , so I guess if I read the PB manual I can come up with it
"

care to go on msn, so i can try and intimidate you?

mattk1
Years of Service
User Offline
this is really cool! cud u make it for example so that after 15-20 rounds maybe u have a kind of "boss" that attacks instead of the zombies just for a wave.. that could be one of the achievements you were talking about?

love it going to try the demo now

working on a project wish me luck! ;]
The Master Dinasty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 16:21 Edited at: 25th Nov 2010 16:24
First a note about your Demo, it did not show me the score of the zombies i killed.

Second; One very anoying thing was that "click" sound every time you aimed in the gun, being a gun lover in real life I know that guns does not say "click" every time you ADS(Aim Down Sight).

Thirdly; I loved how you had to press shift to "sprint" But I think the general movement of the player has to be a little faster, and sprint for a short amount of time even faster.

Fourth and final, I know its not your fault but if you are going to make this a real game and sell it(I dont know if you are going to do that but) the ADS of the guns are to slow, the animations does not feel realistic, Its actully quite fast when reloading and ADS in real life.

Oh, and the general feel of the map was awesome.

-Massap2

We are the magnificent Masters, builders of pyramids.
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 18:04
lol,you do realize I didn't make the weapons and the click sound is sort of a non-eveadable thing triggered by Air-Mod,unless I remove it,but that has it's consequences as well.Trust me I'm a gun lover as well,it does annoy me too.

The score is not going to show,because it's not coded in this demo .

Oh and I have no intention whatsoever to sell this thing.It's a demo to show how you and the others what the effect should be when following the tutorial .

The player speed was set to default from RPG Mod.I agree the player should walk and run faster , but that's just a matter of adding 1 simple line of code,so no biggie.

Thanks for the feedback,and if this by any chance goes to the W.I.P section when I add the barriers and achievements,I'll make sure to fix the things you suggested.

-Gencheff

The Master Dinasty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 18:56
Quote: "you do realize I didn't make the weapons and the click sound is sort of a non-eveadable thing triggered by Air-Mod,unless I remove it,but that has it's consequences as well.Trust me I'm a gun lover as well,it does annoy me too."

Lol, no I did not realize that. I havent been using FPS in a long time.

Quote: "The score is not going to show,because it's not coded in this demo "

Silly me, I have to remember to read your post before I say anything lol.

Achivments how are you going to do that? It would be anoying to have it ingame only though... Maybe add the feature to the menu, Awh Idk long time since Ive used FPSC...

-Massap2

We are the magnificent Masters, builders of pyramids.
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 19:01
Oh no no no,achievements will be written in a file and it will be possible to look at in game,unlock certain bonuses,add to website database (with a side app , but I can do that as well ). The write to file feature is sort of exclusive to RPG Mod.

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 07:55
Thanks Gencheff! this would be pretty fun if integrated to multiplayer but script isn't allowed in multiplayer anyway, but yeah thanks again!
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2010 11:49
can you release a demo?

Play to life,Life to play!!!
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2010 17:00
There already is one,read above.

However I am also working on the new demo with and updated Map and Functionality.

It contains a lot of interesting new functions such as a lightning and thunder strike on each wave's start(with custom sound), achievement system + bonus crate for rewarded items ( + custom model ).

2 Screens:

After this is realeased,I'll write a tutorial on how to achieve it.

ajkcool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2010 05:27
What's the paasword to have it work? It says I need a password to play!

"Hey everyone, I love you." jk
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2010 14:36
It doesn't require ANY password!

Dan121
Years of Service
User Offline
Any ETA on when the achievement system tutorial will be posted?
Thanks
ajkcool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 03:01
When I try to play it, it says its pasword protected...

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 10:51 Edited at: 9th Dec 2010 10:52
Again,there is no such thing as a password anywhere.I don't see anyone else saying anything about a password and I honestly don't know why you have this 'problem'.

@Dan121

The achievement system is a bit of a tedious process,not to mention writing a tutorial on it would take quite some time.It's very subjective and depends on what type of achievements you might want.What I mean is if for example you want an achievement of 5 kills with an MP5, that would require an edit in the character's scripts,however if it's a simple kill streak,then that would only require a condition being met in a script placed in a trigger zone (or dynamic light).Also with the new RPG Mod update,there will be a possibility to save stats to a file and with a side app I'm working on,upload to a server.

So to put it simply , I need some time lol.

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 13:14
Will there be a Nazi Zombies script for 1.18 vanilla ?

Dan121
Years of Service
User Offline
@Gencheff
Ha take your time iv been messing around with some scripting with zones its very basic at the moment but if i get any good results ill post them here
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 19:36
@Dan121 Be my guest.I've got a hold of RPG Mod 3.31 and I'm about to venture the 'wonderful' world of file writing and file explode.Should be interesting to see if my division into array idea will work(more about that later).

On a side not I should probably revise the thread to make it more user-friendly.

ajkcool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 02:41
When I click on the 'Application', It opens Vishnu and says Enter your password now. If I just click enter, it doesn't work. It says wrong password

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 15:59
The same for me too.
Need a password.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 16:05
Alright I downloaded it myself and no password was needed.Master of Dynasty didn't seem to have this issue,but I'll re-upload it again just incase.

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 16:48
holy catfish!

That custom gun looks mega awesome!

Whoever gave you that must be the crazy nicest person ever, and you must really love them

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 16:50
You´re right.
Wanna...have!!!

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 16:58
I guess you didn't get the inside joke lol.

Ben do you have any interesting guns rigged you wish to 'donate' to the demo?

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 17:23
Mean me?

ajkcool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 17:46
Also, I have RPG Mod, but the system still isnt working...

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 17:54
Then make it work...It's not a copy/paste system.You have to think first and incorporate it into your project.

The demo clearly shows it works,so if you can't make it work, it's clearly your problem.

ajkcool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 18:22
When I try to make a script with variables in FPI Edit Pad, it sats, the code in this line is invalid or sometin

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 18:28
*sigh* You clearly have no idea what you are doing,no offence.

Learn to write FPI without the Editpad and then come around and try this.This might help - http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FPI_Script.Also read the RPG Mod manual!

As far as I know by default the RPG Mod commands are not listed in FPI Edit Pad.Just because the Editpad says a line is invalid doesn't mean the system doesn't work.You haven't even tried the code...

ajkcool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 18:41
Sorry, im kinda new with all the mods and stuff... So i dont really know what im doin.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 18:43
Look up that link I gave you in my post above and read the RPG Mod manual.Experiment with simple scripts first and then move on to stuff like this.It's not hard,just takes practice

Good luck.

ajkcool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 18:48
Actually, I have already made some scripts by myself:

When you walk up to an entity, it dissapears
When a certain noise is heard, an entity starts its main action(still needs work)

ajkcool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 19:04
Also, when r u gonna post ur next demo

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2010 03:30 Edited at: 11th Dec 2010 03:31
Quote: "Actually, I have already made some scripts by myself:

When you walk up to an entity, it dissapears
When a certain noise is heard, an entity starts its main action(still needs work)
"

He is not doubting this he is simply stating that there are commands in RPG Mod that our not integrated into FPI Edit Pad. Therfore, the commands will be different. Experiment with scripts and commands with RPG Mod then move on to more complex things such as what he has created.
I hope I have cleared this up.

Regards,
OutdoorGamer

signatures are dumb.....
idk why....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 07:42:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 07:42:33