Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / GUI and editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 06:13 Edited at: 15th Sep 2011 02:18
Here is the most up-to-date GUI

Download it. The "Common C++ Files" folder has the header file you can use and modify to your liking.

This is version 1.2

The fastest code is the code never written.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 06:17 Edited at: 26th Nov 2010 06:18
Here's the screeny:

Attachments

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 07:42
Looking Good, Hawkblood. I've been working on my GUI for 1.5 years and still dont have most of the controls your possess

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. Don't be fooled, it's v1.0, I'm still working on it.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I found some problems and here are the fixes:

Custom textures works properly now.

Attachments

Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 09:53
If you have a new version of this, please share it.
Fatal Berserker
Years of Service
User Offline
looks like steam

Smoke me a kipper, ill be back for breakfast.

MMORPG -- Many Men Online Role Playing as Girls

G.I.R.L -- Guy In Real Life
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the newest is on my website.... I'll be sure when I get home and update to this thread.

Any comments/suggestions?

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the newest version of both the Menu Functions.h and the GUI Editor. Also with a sample application.

Attachments

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 02:40
Just downloading... (taking forever)

Fingers crossed it's what I am looking for if it does a similar thing to a modeless dialogue. I'll let you know...

Warning! May contain Nuts!
marine
Years of Service
User Offline
Didn't it say that Dark GDK supported VB as well? If thats the case then VB lets you make a GUI with a few clicks. But this is nice I guess if your building a custom engine with out using VB. I assume this is written in C++ or C#?
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
It's all done in C++/GDK. C++ has a library somewhere that will give you a GUI interface in windowed mode but not in full screen (unless there's something new I don't know about).

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 20:08
I got the sample to work fine but when compiling the editor it cause a break whenever I click on something like load or save.

I've done some Winapi programming and got it working fine, right down to sliders, menus, tabs, etc. I was hoping to get something going without having to code something myself. Just want to jump straight into my own scene editor.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry. I didn't mean to send out the source for the editor. There's some things I use that will give you problems without them. The executable should work fine though. Here is the EXE. It's smaller because I took out the extra images that are not used.

Attachments

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2011 16:30
Hawkblood, I've read that you have some improvements incorporated, could you please post the latest version? Current one gives some exceptions to me.

I've taken a look into this, and I could be using it. I'm looking for a GUI for my standalone spaceship editor. I've pondered to do it in DGDK.net or PureGDK, however the fastest way for me could be to make it directly with DGDK... haven't decided yet.

Don't think that nobody is using your stuff, it is usually that the posting time doesn't coincide with the time for the needs. It happens all the time in the forums

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the newest version

Attachments

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
For some reason the "release" version will not load my GUIs. If you have the same issue, here is the "debug" version.... I'll try to fix the problem and post it.

Attachments

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Most current is posted in top post.....

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2011 15:32 Edited at: 13th Apr 2011 17:42
Hey Hawkblood.

I'm interested in using an integrated GUI in my next Scene Graph Editor. How is this one working? Is it all stable?

A few things too:

a. As well as slider controls have you got (trying to remember the name of them) them uppy/downy and lefty/righty one?

b. The media used in the GUI, can that be imported easily and integrated directly into the program so to save on loading up the media files. (not necessary)

c. A daft question, but within a GUI can it display a bitmap or image that could possibly be edited?

d. If I use it would the source be available for some minor tweak when I need them.

I like yours because of the tabbed gui. I'm downloading it to check the editor out today because I've a lot of fresh ideas for the next Level Editor I'm working on which is probably going to be open source for the main part.

EDIT: Does it run using a CALLBACK function?

EDIT2: Both relase and debug version are crashing. Is there anywhere specific I should be installing it to?

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
a. I only have the up/down slider for the textbox/listbox/dropdown
b. The media is stored in the Editor under "\Images\Stock". The sounds are under "Sounds" in the Editor. The GUI interface is open source inside a single file "Menu Functions.h". The latest version is posted as above and that file is within "Common C++ Files" folder.
c. The short answer is no. You can, however, make your own image editor interface and simply put it on top of a "group".
d. Open source..... Have fun.

It does not use a CALLBACK. It's simply a class.
If you declare:
GUI_MENU_UTILITY GUI;
Now you can use the GUI as a class interface:

*** How is it crashing?

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2011 21:16
After I've assigned a path for the gui and the textures and created a name for the GUI I click 'create', the hard drive whirs away a bit then it crashes.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I figured out the problem. It was that when you created the new GUI it loaded the sounds again (using the same index number). The sounds only need to be loaded once, no matter how many GUIs you make.

I will be posting the update at the top post within the next few minutes.... Sorry for the errors.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
The top post has the most current version with a few minor fixes, but those fixes cleared up a lot of pain in the editor. I also made a quick tutorial. Also, I included the full Editor course code.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Version 1.2 is now available at top post. Found some issues with crashes. I wonder if anyone is using this besides me......

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 05:50
I've been waiting for a new update to this Hawkblood. Nice one. I won't have time just yet but hopefully tomorrow I'll give it a test out and let you know how I get on...

Noley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2011 00:33 Edited at: 17th Jul 2011 00:34
Just wanted to say great job so far Hawk

I figured I'd give it a try and downloaded it last night, made a chat system for an online rpg I am working on heheh :p

Attached is a screenie of it in action, a chat between 3 people ^.^

Attachments

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
That looks good. I see you have utilized a custom group background and it looks like you made a special button... That's great. Play with it as you will.

Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I figured out why it wont load documents and settings, in dos any name that had spaces you would abbreviate it to a six letter short version like docume~1.

So here is what I did for your code which loads the directory:

it basically checks to see whether a space is contained in the directory and if it is it fixes it, it only works in debug mode though, and it doesnt remove spaces that are before the 6 letter mark, so with My Documents it ends up My Doc~1 because it needs to take the space out. I tinkered with it for awhile but its very much a pain dealing with strings.

I think there's a memory problem with this app. Nice though.
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the insight. I may be able to make some adjustments with this new knowlege.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking at the DOS prompt, when I do "dir" in the root directory, "Documents and Settings" doesn't even show up.... That's odd. That may be why it crashes on that-- it doesn't actually exist for Win7! I don't see it on my harddrive in windows either. I'll look into it further.

Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 20:57 Edited at: 25th Jul 2011 21:07
It does exist on Windows 7. It is a symbolic link (shortcut) which points to the c:\users directory, but it is hidden, so the Windows Explorer won't show it. It is visible all right in Total Commander. In a DOS window, use "dir /a" to show all files and folders including the hidden ones.

EDIT: "system volume information" is also a hidden folder which is marked "system" in addition. Maybe you should somehow check the access rights of folders that you try to open (sorry I don't know the appropriate code to do this).
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I actually took out the part that filtered those and tried it again. The problem is that when you navigate to those directories, they don't have an "up tree" in the directory so you can't navigate out. I don't think it's a problem since most people don't use those directories for any games/apps.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
The most up-to-date version is in the top post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:47:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:47:51