Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Avast and DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 01:42
Just thought I'd make you all aware of a problem with Avast and a solution for it. It seems that the very latest version of Avast does something that will not allow DBP exes to run. It gave this error message:

"the applications was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)"

To fix it (do this at your own risk, though I checked the Avast forums and it seems safe), go to the control panel and go to add and remove programs, and select Avast from the list. Click uninstall/modify and then click "change". Under "shields", uncheck the "Behavior Shield". This did the trick for me. Apparently that shield isn't all that necessary, and I think they are going to update Avast to fix this problem without having to disable it.
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 02:54
Well, I run Avast (free edition) too, and I didn't have this issue (yet). I have the last update (it is set to auto update). My guess it has more to do with the OS (Windows version) you have running on your machine. What OS do you have, Uncle Sam? Windows 7? Mine is Vista.

Cheers

SLAYER RULES! YEAH, MAN!!
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 02:59
That's probably why. I think it mostly happens to people with Win 7 64bit.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 04:22
Quote: "I think it mostly happens to people with Win 7 64bit."

Yeah, that's what I have and I had that problem. From now I uninstalled Avast and installed Avira. I think I'm liking Avira better anyway.

Your signature has been [mod edited] :-p
ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 05:22
I have Win 7 32bit and i had this problem. So I installed Microsoft Security Essentials.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 14:35:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 14:35:38