Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / PLRFACING and PLRNOTFACING

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 11:19 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 11:21
I was under the impression that PLRFACING is a true=1, untrue=0 condition. But checking EAI's 341 scripts, it appears to be the X in PLRFACING=X is a value for distance but that doesn't make sense too, since the PLRWITHIN condition in these scripts is set to a different number

Honestly I am a little confused what this condition is all about. There is also a PLRNOTFACING condition that I tried to use for doors instead of PICKOBJECT, but PLRNOTFACING=0 (meaning player facing object is true under my logic)doesn't work either.

I hope someone can tell me how to use these conditions.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 11:34
Although this is a completely wild guess,it looks to me as if the X value is not boolean but rather an angle.

I've never used that command before,so I'll have to run some tests.

PC Specs:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit,Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.20GHz,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480,12GB RAM,2x Western Digital 997GB HDD
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 13:52 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 14:01
It's a horizontal axis angle range (valid values 1-180). I usually combine with inview=x to check the vertical axis.

Would be ideal if it was like plrfacing=H V so that the vert angle could be detected as well. Still it's a decent system and requires less precision camera pointing than pickobject (which can be finicky).

(You're talking about the weapon/ammo pickup scripts right?)
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 15:07
Quote: "(You're talking about the weapon/ammo pickup scripts right?) "

Exactly My own AGSP pick-up scripts relied on PICKOBJECT, wich needs a crosshair (at leaast a good visible dot) to work properly. But since now airmod setings are included in vanilla FPSC, I am looking for an alternative that works even when no crosshairs are used.

Thanks for the explanation @EAI! I didn't think about INVIEW at all.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 18:54 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 18:59
No problem and yes, inview is one of my most used and abused AirMod fpi conditions- I love it.

edit: You'll notice in my weapon video I had to sort of jump up to grab the rifle off the wall. The script had been tuned with the weapon on the floor. So, If you have a lot of different artistically placed pickups you'll likely need to tweak things a bit for different individual occurrences if using plrfacing/plrnotfacing
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 18:57
hum...

i can put alot of my scripts to work now that i know that.

it's the same thing with the recoil(x,y)return gunspec command,almost everybody think that is a normal distance parameter counted as some kind of measure, but in fact it is an percentage of how much of the recoil shoud be returned, like 45 %, 65 % or 100 %.

very intersting.

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:08:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:08:34