Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Changing Icons

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know before in order to change icons of games you needed ResHack and ProFix. If it's still needed can someone let me know where to find profix I haven't been able to find a copy anywhere. If there is another way to change the icon can someone point me in the direction that explains how?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Vishnu v9 can do it.
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 21:57
If you can't find a free solution that meets what you are looking for.

You could use smartpackerpro, it will let you use a custom icon and encrypt your media at the same time, which you will most likely end up needing to do anyways. There is no tail tail sign of the origins of your creation other than, for now, if you right click on the packed game and look at the properties, it will tell you it was created with "Smart Packer".

In the longer run if you are looking to hide the media even further from , I'll say the average PC user because there is always a way to dig things up, someone you can use Visual Studio to create a custom installer to have the game installed wherever you like. In combination with a custom game launcher made with Visual Studio the end-user would have no real need to come into direct contact with the game.exe

This might have been a little deeper answer than you were looking for, but it is a part of a process that I am working on.

Errant's suggestion will work as well. Just look into your final goal and weigh your options, there are many of them.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
I like to point out that vishnu packer v9 also encrypts ya media as well as use a custom icon and is free.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free.
PhillipB
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot everyone. I'll look into it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 06:48:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 06:48:01