Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Tron Classic And Tron Legacy Community Project - WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2011 14:29
Okay over on Cosmic's Amazing Star Trek project (which is crazy good) a couple of people mentioned doing a Tron Community project pack next. Well to those few people....thanks a lot for making me lose a whole lotta sleep because the idea kept churning around inside my head.

Needless to say I really liked the idea and all and figured I might as well try my hand at organizing such a project. I also figured with the new movie having finally come out we might as well do the classic Tron along with the Tron Legacy stuff.

So Far I have Contributed:

The Tron: Legacy ID Disks (Blue version and Red Version)

The Classic Tron Recognizer (Blue, Red, And White Versions)

(Someone that knows how to uvmap and all that will probably want to redo the textures and all that stuff I don't know how to do)

Things Needed to be contributed to the Pack:

1) Light Cycles from Classic and from Tron Legacy.

2) Other Vehicles from Both Tron movies

3) Characters from both movies

4) ID disk Made into a weapon.

5) Buildings from both movies

6) Misc

7) laser and computer consoles from both Tron movies.

8) laser "teleport" hud

9) "de-res" enemy death overlay??

10) ??????

* Screenshots of the ID disks and Recognizer in attachment. If anyone wants the models for them to redo the textures proper just let me know and in what file format you want them. I didn't know how to make them look like they're glowing. Also how do you make something look shiny??

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2011 15:49 Edited at: 9th Apr 2011 20:27
:::::REDACTED BY SETH BLACK:::::

...I'm done dealing with you people.

VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2011 16:11
yeah I'll try to get one up later today. I still haven't slept yet and I've never actually tried putting anything custom into fpsc yet so gonna wait and do that when I'm awake enough to figure out how to do it.
VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 04:39
Okay I keep trying to do a test level to put up a screenshot but my FPSC keeps crashing while trying to build the test level. The other thing is when I try to place the ID disk in the map editor it's only coming up with 2 out of the three textures. Not sure it it'll come up right in the actual test level or not thou.

If I post up the FPSC ready files (which I'm going to do anyways) can someone please try to do a test level screenshot for me and if someone familair with sketchup to fpsc media could let me know why it's not showing all three textures that would be great. thanks in advance for the bit of help.

(needs to be extracted to entitybank folder)

Attachments

WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 19:58
I am not too familiar with the Tron movies. But I would like to see this project continue. So here’s an in game screenshot.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 20:07 Edited at: 9th Apr 2011 20:28

...I'm done.

Attachments

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 20:49 Edited at: 14th Mar 2011 20:49
Dont forget an illumination map so light areas are lit up, also using some bloom in shots is good to add to the glow effect. I cant wait to see what is produced here, I am a big Tron fan and would love to see what people come up with.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 20:58 Edited at: 9th Apr 2011 20:28

...done.

WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 00:37
Here are the red and blue ID Disks. I have reduced them in size and UV mapped them to a single texture. Download attached.

Attachments

VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 06:29
thanks all for the help with the id disks. I used the tutorial on how to make a sketch up model fpsc ready and had set the fpe like the tutorial had said. That's actually the first time I've ever tried making one of my models fpsc ready. sorry bout the scale being so off I was trying to figure out how to change that. The only dimensions data I've ever been able to find for making models in sketch-up has been a 10mx10mx10 so that's what I've always gone off of. Anyone know what the correct dimensions in meters would be?

apparently the issues with the one blackish texture was just an issue on my end.

I'll include the .x and textures for the recognizers in case someone wants to get those uvmapped and fpsc ready as well. BTW Great job on uvmapping the disks WickedX

Attachments

WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 22:31
This is the Recognizer Old Blue, FPSC ready. I probably shouldn’t release any more on this thread. We will all have to wait until the packs complete. This is the best I could do without UV mapping every surface.

@VoicesDark

You should look into Fragmotion. Sketch up is a lot easier to work with for modeling. But for the UV remapping and rescaling, Fragmotion works great. I will be emailing you the files for the blue recognizer. The model will work for the red and white recognizer as well. Just make the texture for them as I did the blue recognizer, and edit the fpe file.

Good luck.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 22:36 Edited at: 9th Apr 2011 20:29

...no mas.

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 04:33
I'm having a go at the Light Cycles. WIP:

Any changes before I UV map? (best 20 minute model I've made!)

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
COOOOOL!!!

I would like to see some old and new TRON segments, some transparent like glass would be cool....

I am looking into the water level set for a reflective surface just above ground

Good luck all!
VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 19:34
I've already got some tron legacy style buildings done that I was working on for something else that could easily be textured to look like the buildings in the movie but I'm not sure how to go about the reflective style texture either. I have a couple of ideas to mess around with later. I'll let ya'll know what if anything I come up with and if anyone comes up with any ideas then please let us all know.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Design this might help you some with the light cycles.

80's

tutorial for it
http://www.digitalstratum.com/programming/tron_construction

Legacy

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=205942&highlight=light+cycles

I actually have some characters somewhere on my computer from this last winter. When I saw the movie this winter I sat down and made alot of stuff. Some were just retextures of existing characters. I will see about finding it all and send it your way.

VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2011 21:18
if we could only figure out how to make it where you could drive the light cycles
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2011 00:42 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2011 00:48
Its always been possible to make vehicles. In fact since V1.03 I believe.

Quote: "http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=110045&b=23"

The scripting required might have changed, well a lot, but its still very much possible. I'll edit this post with a screenie of the light cycle mesh in a moment.
EDIT: screenie!

VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2011 10:28
@Design Runner: The problem with the thread and everyone like it is that the information is so vague on how to actually get it to work and what the requirements of the model are that few/none have been able to actually get it reliably working.
VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2011 18:00
is anyone working on anything for this?
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 02:20
I can do some more, since no one wants to use my request thread. What would you like me to do?

VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 02:35
anything you'd like. Maybe an exterior/interior of flynn's.

I was thinking I might give it a try of making some arcade machines since those are pretty much a simple box, I might be able to figure out how to uv-map that much and then I could do up a bunch of those. a working jukebox would be awesome. working as in go up to it, hit enter and it'll play 80's music random songs. But then there's the obvious problems with the music and even how to make it.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 06:28
This seems to be coming along quite nicely. Thanks to all who are contributing.

Terry
VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 06:49
oh yeah not sure if anyone noticed it or not but on the original movie the front of Flynn's is different then the one on Tron Legacy (both on and off the grid) one has the rounded front while the other has the flat front (the front being the corner where the sign is).
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "a working jukebox would be awesome. working as in go up to it, hit enter and it'll play 80's music random songs. But then there's the obvious problems with the music and even how to make it. "
Give me a few days and I can do that for you.

VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 07:39
I'll look through the game music threads on here and see if there's any 80's style music and see if we can't get some of that to release with your jukebox then. That way the music will fit for the atmosphere of Flynn's.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You mean something like this.

VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 08:29
now there's one I haven't heard in awhile.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I know, I can't stop listening to it. Great for making models with.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 04:30 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2011 04:31
I have a start for you on the arcade stuff. I just talked to a guy for the use of one of his models and he has agreed to have it in this pack. His model was very high in polys so I have reduced them and I am making it so it can be retxtured with other game quickly. I am also setting it up so they are actually animated using bond's animated shader. I also have a list of all the games that were in Flynn's Arcade including this hard (mainly reference pics) to find seeburg jukebox. I have it modeled and I just need to uv map it and do the textures. It's a start. I have more stuff for this pack I just been busy animating some doom characters and star trek weapons.

Enjoy!!

Screenie:

Attachments

VoicesDark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 05:01
okay not sure which is the more appropriate way of asking this on here but Starmind how old are you/how long have you been doing this for?? The quality and speed of your work is mind boggling.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Starmind how old are you/how long have you been doing this for?? The quality and speed of your work is mind boggling."

Lol, old enough not to anwser that question. Not long enough to have quality and speed has yet to come. But thanks. The problem right now I am having is the arcade machine is slowly becoming more of my model that the authors. But I should have something decent later this evening or tommorrow.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 07:27
Quote: "Not long enough to have quality and speed has yet to come."

Youre kidding me right? Your work is right up there with CP and Bond1

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Youre kidding me right? Your work is right up there with CP and Bond1"
Thank you, but I don't feel that way here. To me on this forum, I feel I am somewhere between a troll and thoses pirates everyone jumps on. My work is usually only accepted when it's with Cp's work.

Thanks again.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2011 01:54 Edited at: 6th Apr 2011 01:55
Here is the jukebox done. I asked Cosmic to do the textures for it. I will do some scripting for it and set up flynn's arcade with the arcade machines, that is if no one is working on the arcade for this pack. Enjoy!

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 06:15:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 06:15:19