Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] How to get Bond1's Planar Shadow Shader free legally

Author
User Banned
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 08:05 Edited at: 21st Apr 2011 17:07
(MODS MAY REMOVE THIS IF THEY WANT)

Download this FPSC Game I found on youtube:

EDIT** Method removed.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 08:20 Edited at: 19th Apr 2011 08:21
Wow, really? This kind of crap isn't really amusing here anymore.

EDIT: And no. **Ripping his efx file out of someone elses built game isn't the legal way to get his shader.

Kravenwolf

Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 08:27

Wow.

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 09:27
The MODs are gonna Kill you!

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 10:57
lol

Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 10:58
Bonds' gonna kill you.

Really man, think things out

Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't understand why someone so blatant cannot go unpunished, this is about the 9th thread I've seen where he is ripping people's stuff and he's still here...

some of the users in the past have been banned for a 10th less of what this guys done lol
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I think this has gone on long enough with this guy, he does however point out the fact that media is not safe with releases of FPSC games as is, its something that should be addressed.

A Mod has been erased by your signature.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 15:56
Quote: "he does however point out the fact that media is not safe with releases of FPSC games as is, its something that should be addressed."

I wonder if Lee could come up with a way to integrate S4real's Vinshu packer into the official version? Make it automatic for the engine to provide protection on built game files.

Kravenwolf

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 16:06
As far as I know there is no legal way to get any of Bond's media for free unless he chooses to make it free, or gives it to you.

The New Noob, you can have a little vacation.

Quote: "its something that should be addressed."

I think it says somewhere in the FPSC license that the creators of the games are responsible for ensuring that media is protected in a built game. I don't remember though as it's been a long time since I looked through it. I'm not saying it's something that shouldn't be addressed though.

I am not locking this thread, for now, but that does not mean it's acceptable to bash/threaten etc. It also doesn't guarantee that another mod won't come along and lock it at some point. Discussion can be had about protection/prevention etc. so long as it is discussion and not senseless flaming.

A man will one day wear a tophat in glasgow on a sunny day juggeling grapes while humming the jurrasic park theme tune.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 16:08
Lol, when I saw this thread I was like "Oh really? I didn't know!" then I read it and I'm like "WOAH!, you've got to be kidding me!"

All alone in my room, haven't been outside since 1992.

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 21:15
seriously ? i've seen people making that exact same question everywere on the internet, i don't know how can they really mean it

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 21:58 Edited at: 19th Apr 2011 22:01
Charger's gonna be angry with you :/

Your name is SOO correctly selected.

Edit: He is Promoving/recommending piracy, a ban would come nice in this case.

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 22:04
Stealing my game is an excellent idea,how awesome. I wish I could have tought of THAT. I will be reporting everything.

Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 23:17
Dude you are soooo in for it...

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 00:01 Edited at: 20th Apr 2011 00:04
Quote: "I think it says somewhere in the FPSC license that the creators of the games are responsible for ensuring that media is protected in a built game."

I too have seen that stated in he terms of the license.

A question:
If it states in the license that built games must be protected to protect TGC media then why are so many allowed to be posted on these very forums wide open.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 00:42
Quote: "Stealing my game is an excellent idea,how awesome. I wish I could have tought of THAT. I will be reporting everything."

Quote: "He is Promoving/recommending piracy, a ban would come nice in this case."

So not only did he tell people how to get Bond's shader but it's also a link to a pirate copy of your game? If that's the case I think that I'll change his ban to permanent then, he's had more chances than most.

Quote: "If it states in the license that built games must be protected to protect TGC media then why are so many allowed to be posted on these very forums wide open."

You are right, I hadn't actually thought about it until now. Maybe we need a new rule about uploading demos/games to the forum. I'll speak with the other mods and see what we can come up with.

A man will one day wear a tophat in glasgow on a sunny day juggeling grapes while humming the jurrasic park theme tune.
JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 01:03
It would be nice to see some compulsory measurements for protecting game media. It is a shame, however, that it is actually needed.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 02:35
Quote: "I'll change his ban to permanent then, he's had more chances than most."

Now all we need is a "wall of shame" sticky at the top of the board that lists all members that were banned here for commiting acts of piracy or otherwise. Make an example out of those who refuse to accept it as a crime, and send the message to anyone else considering to follow the same path. There's always room for one more name on the wall of shame!

Kravenwolf

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 03:47
Quote: "Now all we need is a "wall of shame" sticky at the top of the board"

I wonder if some around here wouldn't see it as a badge of honor. I've noticed that to some, pirating seems as normal and everyday as checking their email. I don't know if they learned it for themselves or if they were raised to believe it was OK. I fear that in many cases it was the latter, and those will be hard to break.

Brian.

For media, utilities and more...
Visit ExploSoft.com
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 04:01
I guess one good thing that could come out of this is if the mods could take how he did it and give that process to Lee so TGC could work on a block, fix, or whatever for it so it does not happen again.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 04:01
Quote: "and those will be hard to break."

Well once they receive their permanant ban here to go along with their new badge of honor, they won't get the chance to hang around and be commended by the other pirates. They'll have to go to another community to work on getting themselves a new one.

Kravenwolf

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 04:25 Edited at: 20th Apr 2011 04:26
Quote: "wall of shame"

They should, like really should.

Although people should pack their games as the weapons and entities are also vunerable (not saying how I'll get banned )

Poloflece

Rust Pack WIP here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=178788&b=24
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 05:35
I guess this is as good of time as any to ask this:

I have not really distributed anything except for a few tests to a few close friends for multi-player etc. However I am getting close to a finished product. What method is the best to encrypt the game so that this type of thing does not happen? Is that vinshu packer a safe way to go? I know the agreement says it's our responsibility, but what tools are available to help with this?
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 06:50 Edited at: 20th Apr 2011 06:51
I've tried Vishnu and I does the job, although I use it for dark basic but It should work fine. (Vishnu merges all of the /files with the game to make 1 exe and a data folder)

Hmmm.... I might start begging the mods for a wall of fame and shame

Poloflece

Rust Pack WIP here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=178788&b=24
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 06:57
I'm not sure it's worth bothering protecting media aside from security through obscurity, as after all there's always going to be a way to access the media one way or another. If you're worried about others making a profit from your assets without your permission why not consider copyrighting your works? If you're really making such a loss and can prove that you own the assets, you can pursue legal action.

Support a charitable indie game project!
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 07:07
Wow...just wow. This is beyond belief! What is this forum coming to these days... so many pirates!! I kind of wish we could go back to 08-09 when I first joined! There was barely a pirate in sight back then...

Anyways, why isnt this locked yet?

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 07:25
Quote: "Anyways, why isnt this locked yet?"

Quote: "I am not locking this thread, for now, but that does not mean it's acceptable to bash/threaten etc. It also doesn't guarantee that another mod won't come along and lock it at some point. Discussion can be had about protection/prevention etc. so long as it is discussion and not senseless flaming."

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 08:57
One question: how can I easily get rid of the YT video? I tried reporting for copyright issues but that involves filling out a form with personal information and legal stuff.

King Cobra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 08:58
Wow this is making me nervous since I'm new on here and I almost have a finished product.

Let me ask a question then just to be safe...

I have a game demo floating around the internet now. Due to the fact that people like it, I already have, to date, 23 "pre-orders" for my game that I'm selling for $9.97. I will launch the game on Friday, April 22, 2011.

At the end of the game, I have developed a video with the credits, kinda like how a movie ends. I placed a story zone there above the win zone. That's besides the issue though.

Is it OK to use other people's things as long as they specifically state to give them credit? For example, my game has Rolfy's spiders in it and some things from Cosmic Prophet. I have already stated them in the ending credits to my game.

Can I do that? I also put the following in my ending credits movie:

"The Viper Chronicles: Retribution was created using FPS Creator by The Game Creators. http://www.thegamecreators.com"

Let me know if this is OK because if it is not, I will have to make changes and delay the launch date. I will email my customers of the delay if possible.

Thanks in advance.

--King Cobra
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 09:14 Edited at: 20th Apr 2011 09:15
Quote: "charger bandit"

He replied to you I see, so maybe you should just message him asking to remove the video, or at least give you credit, he seems to be cooperating.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
My question is, why hasn't this guy been banned already? He obviously doesn't understand that you can't upload things that don't belong to you and he obviously doesn't respect others work by uploading it.

I just now realized I've had a typo in my signature for the past 3 years.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 14:53
Quote: "My question is, why hasn't this guy been banned already?"

Quote: "I think that I'll change his ban to permanent then, he's had more chances than most."

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 15:41
@King Cobra,

It looks like you've got it all covered. Most media given away here is free to use anyway you please. Some artist require credit in the game while others don't or say it would be nice but not necessary. On the official model packs, I think you'll find some where you need to inform the artist that his content is being used in a commercial release. You don't need to get permission because you purchased the pack, but you do need to inform the artist of the release.

My verbiage may not be exact so check it out prior to release.

Brian.

For media, utilities and more...
Visit ExploSoft.com
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 15:42
VENT: That was a different guy,check the nicknames. It seems the video is not removed yet. If he doesn't get rid of it,I will have to do it the hard way.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm not sure it's worth bothering protecting media aside from security through obscurity
If you're worried about others making a profit from your assets without your permission why not consider copyrighting your works?"

Maybe if you were bond1 you might have a different point of view.
Were talking about game assets here, not games themselves. The media used in FPSC games is already copyrighted, so no need to do it again is there?
Maybe your just referring to the little guy's around here who yes may be protected by obscurity, but even they dont need to prove intellectual property rights when someone steals their work, the other side of the coin is that even the little guy might have put a lot of work into what he creates and to me its even worse ripping off an Indie developer, we all got to eat.
Or maybe its only AAA games that have real artists working on their media that deserve some kind of protection.
I myself purchased bond1's pack for the shader alone and dont need to see someone around here giving it out for free.
I know that no protection is 100% secure thats beside the point
The whole issue is FPSC license clearly states that you are responsible for protecting the media, so maybe licences dont count for anything around here.

Anigma
Years of Service
User Offline
For anyone who is wondering, (I know I've mentioned it before but it seems relevant) TGC does sell a product that would protect the game assets, but it's a bit spendy at $80. Still, if you plan to make professional games with an open source engine like FPSC it's worth the money. I intend to purchase it when I'm a bit closer to a finished product myself. Sure, there's Vishnu but I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" when it comes to asset protection. I may not be a 3D modeler or shader wizard but those assets cost me either the money to buy them or the time it took me to make them (for things like FPI scripts and level design) and I'll be darned if some dumb kid is just gonna show up after months of hard work, download my game and gut the assets for himself. Screw that.

Here's the product. If anyone already has it, let me know what you think of it and how well it worked for you. If not, I guess I'll be the guinea pig, as I'm not releasing ANYTHING without wrapping it in something like this.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2256

It compiled! Ship it!
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2011 17:00
New n00b should really be banned he made lots of such things within a fe weeks!!!

Sry bro´but thats the truth

Youtube Name: omegamer666
Current project: Junkys Home, a X9 project where you wakeup in a dark apertment and your goal is to get out of there.
But you´re not alone...
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2011 17:08
@ Omegamer: That already occurred a few days ago. You should be more concerned about comments made on certain YT videos.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:38:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:38:30