Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / New documentation and video for creating projects with PureGDK and Visual Studio

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 16:36 Edited at: 5th Aug 2011 16:41
With the release of beta 9, PureGDK is rapidly approaching release candidate status. Everything is extremely stable and is prime for development.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=177817&b=38

I understand that using PureGDK in previous betas was challenging with the lack of documentation. However, this has been rectified in recent releases which include complete walkthroughs on how to setup PureGDK with Visual Studio 2008 and 2010. If you haven't tried it yet, now is a good time!

All of the documentation for commands are on their way for major revisions, including the additional documentation of commands which don't appear in the DarkBasic Professional or DarkGDK documentation; such as commands for physics, light mapping, effectors, emitters, hardware shadows, and more.

Tired of your PureGDK documentation? PureGDK is aimed at being a first-class command reference and a pleasure to use! No more wall-of-text descriptions!

I would greatly appreciate if some of you would at least try to setup a project and compile a few of the bundled examples. Feedback on your experience would be invaluable if you encounter any problems or if you found the process to be confusing.

Thank you for your help.

Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Definitely will be giving this a go, if its as good as it looks it will probably become my new darkgdk
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll have to try it out as soon as I finish my current project.

The fastest code is the code never written.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:34:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:34:05