Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [Mystic] [VarRPG] Demo City Project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 01:03 Edited at: 21st Aug 2011 08:34
Ok Guys I have decided to make a thread for my RPG Demo City project so I am not spamming the Mystic MOD thread with media over the next couple of weeks as I get everything done.

Purpose of the Project

I am going to be making this demo to show X10 users how they can use all the features being added to Mystic MOD like the Variable System etc .. to create not only advanced RPG features, but also literally hours of content on single X10 map. I am going to show the new potential these systems add for us all to create truly massive adventures. So I am going to start off by showing you a screenshot of the current HUD for the city and explaining all of its features, as well I will be listing all the current working features as well as the other features that will be add be for it releases.

The HUD

NOTE: The RED numbered circles are not part of the HUD they are only there to explain its features (click the Image for a better look)

Current HUD Features

1. Quest Item Inventory

This will be used to store quest specific items. IE thing you have to collected in order to finish your current quest.

2. Ying Yang Health and Mana bars

This display shows the current percentage of health and mana your character has in a graphical style

3. LVL and EXP

These show your characters current level and experience in the game. (This is totally customizable as to the required EXP for said LVL) EXP can be gained in virtually endless ways from defeating enemies, finishing quests, finding certain items etc etc..

4. Weapon and GC (money)

These show the current amount of ammo your weapon has as well as the your Characters current amount of galactic credits (GC). This area also features a Quest Button (not currently shown in this image but it sits right above the GC area) which will indicate that your are currently working on a Quest and will toggle the quest window information window by pressing Q.

5. Dynamic Inventory

This is the games main inventory all crafting items found in the game will be stored here. It features a dynamic page scrolling style. The player can scroll threw a number of inventory pages to view all the various items the have collected and there quantities by pressing the F3 and F4 Keys. (number on the left side shows current page)

6. Armor HUD

Displays current armor and its durability. Different Armor types can have there own stats and durability levels and they can be repairable.

7. This is for usable items like medkits that are used to restore health points or mana points. These items are used by pressing the F1 and F2 keys.

OK that is all for the HUD.. for now

Things to look forward to..

-Advanced Quest System
-Dynamically spawned items/enemies based on/and/or quest/character level from a single area trigger zone
-being able to revisit a single area to preform several different tasks/quests as your character progresses.
-gain access to different parts of the map at different times depending on character level or quest needs.
-advanced crafting system that allows for upgrading and repair of weapons and armor.

and anything other ideas I can throw in there as things progress

Note: Everything created in the project (scripts, huds etc) will be released in an unprotected build of the project when it is done, so others can use it to get a jump start on there RPG Projects.

I will be updating this thread regularly over the next couple of weeks with new media etc. as things progress.

Enjoy,
-Squalker
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 01:05
Completely awesome!

Quote: "I am going to show the new potential these systems add for us all to create truly massive adventures."

Yes!!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 01:11
Amazing work Squalker. You have me very excited for the future of X10 and hopefully seeing more users create stuff as incredible as this.

Quote: "-Dynamically spawned items/enemies based on/and/or quest/character level from a single area trigger zone"

I think I'm going to perform more tests on this command, it could very possibly be used as a great performance enhancer.

Be yourself, but make sure you don't sound like a dying sheep.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 01:18 Edited at: 21st Aug 2011 01:19
This will also make it possible for me to package the particle effects kit as an out-of-the-box fully functional entity. I would much prefer that to releasing something that requires the user to tweak a bunch of settings in the editor to make it work.

Edit: That's actually why I've yet to release it.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 01:38
@srealist:
I've sent you an email.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 06:15
I absolutely cannot wait. I'll definitely make a little game with this in the WiP board--provided I'm not bogged down by school--upon release.
I really hope people on the x9 boards notice everything x10's receiving lately. I think we might get quite a few new guys around.

Cheesehead for life.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
drooooooool,
cant wait to have a go on it all

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 19:57 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2011 19:58

Here is a sneak peak at one of the cities common living areas...

The city itself is about 65% done now.

Gotten the following all fully working now..

-Quest systems
-Crafting systems
-Item Upgrades/repairs

Update you with more soon,
-Squalker
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2011 03:00
Just A quick update for you guys..

I am still working away on the Sci-Fi city Demo...

Just making a ton of huds right for all the quests in the demo.

I finalized the all the production and upgrade huds now.

So it should not be to much longer till I have a bunch to show you guys.

-Squalker
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2011 17:53
You're a very fast worker, aren't you? You have no idea how excited I am to play this.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
squalker is there a way you can choose your character at the beggining sort of like in a lot of games like a female or male or cleric mage or fighter or marine sas etc? is it possible

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 23:45
Quote: "squalker is there a way you can choose your character at the beggining sort of like in a lot of games like a female or male or cleric mage or fighter or marine sas etc? is it possible"

not currently... I could fake it with some scripting ... make it appear to be that. but it would still just be the good old FPSC camera with a weapon in front of it lol..

I could just make it so different things happen in game based on the character class.. but you would never achieve true character difference..

Like I said its something a can give the illusion of threw scripts.. that is something I may play with later for the community project... but I know right now it will take some serious scripting to pull off right.. so I won't be including it in the demo city.
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2011 02:18
Just a quick update guys... I have been side tracked a bit with a 3rd project I had going before I started this one... I hit some major bugs in that project and it has forced me to put this on hold for the last week and a bit... I will have tied up all the loose ends with that project by the weekend...

So by Saturday I will be focused on getting this project done for you guys... So you can expect to see regular updates on this project starting next Monday... Once this Demo City Project is finished up which should only take me about 1 - 2 weeks tops... I will then be changing my focus back to the X10 Com Game...

So expect to hear a lot more on this one real soon..

-Squalker
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 14:53 Edited at: 27th Sep 2011 18:30
After finishing up one project on friday that had been eating up a lot of my free time I took a break from Development for the weekend.. But I just want everyone to know I will now be spending all my spare time getting the Demo city finished up.

You can expect to start seeing some new images either later today or early tomorrow.

-Squalker
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 17:48
Excellent! Can't wait!

Cheesehead for life.
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 18:18 Edited at: 27th Sep 2011 18:32
Here is a quick test I just ran on one of the buildings from an area of the city known as "District 12" ...

Building Test

More to come soon..

-Squalker
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 19:28
Looking great, I'm very excited to see more.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 19:52 Edited at: 27th Sep 2011 20:03
Another screenshot from the building test with Lighting adjusted to be more like moonlight..

Building Test 2

Now that have the process down for this area how I want it to be I will be making 5 or 6 more buildings for the area and adding full shaders etc to them..

Will have more images tomorrow with full shaders etc..

-Squalker
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 18:34
Very pretty indeed Squalker! Looking forward to playing this.

[center]

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
me tooooooo looks fantastic

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 18:37 Edited at: 29th Sep 2011 18:37
Another image from district 12.. Now with full shaders..

Building Test Shaders 1

More soon

-Squalker
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 20:24
Looks good, but very dark. Also, it might be cool, instead of that road you have, make it a river, and have some bridges to cross it. Just an idea.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 22:16 Edited at: 30th Sep 2011 07:15
Quote: "Looks good, but very dark. Also, it might be cool, instead of that road you have, make it a river, and have some bridges to cross it. Just an idea."

These are just random building tests of Building that will be used in District 12... The actual area in game will look a lot different when its done..

Here is the newest building..

Building Test Shaders 2
Building Test Shaders 3
Building Test Shaders 4

More soon
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 21:10
Little bump, how's this going? I'm very anxious for release.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 08:43 Edited at: 18th Oct 2011 08:43
Quote: "Little bump, how's this going? I'm very anxious for release."

Sorry guys haven't had the time I wanted for this... I have been quite ill the past week or so... but I am on the mend now and should be hopefully back at this full steam on the weekend..

Again sorry for the delay guys..

-Squalker
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 01:27
Don't worry, Squalker. Your health is more important than this! Take your time recovering!

Get well

Cheesehead for life.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 01:17 Edited at: 20th Oct 2011 01:19
sorry to hear of your illness may you rise from the ashes and squalk high in the sky

to a speedy recovery may you have, be well and have lots af vitamins.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 19:45 Edited at: 24th Oct 2011 19:55
Well I'm back... Running at 100% again and started work on the project again this morning...

Since I have been laid up for a bit and I know you guys have been waiting for more info .. I have thrown together a little sneak preview video of how the Job system (aka Quests) will work in the project..

Demo City Job System Sneak peak

I am also going to show a couple of the scripts used in the video...

First here is the door script used for the job...

Its a fairly basic script that controls various messages displayed during different times (IE When on the job... When you have what you need ... etc etc..).

Next is the script that controls the job bank.

This is what I would consider to be a medium skill level script.. There are quite a few different huds and various controllers in this script going on.

NOTE: both scripts require a lot of things contained within the levelsetup.fpi file to work and will not work on there own...

I am just giving you guys a little peak into the type of scripting that will be going on within the project...

Next update will show off the projects crafting systems and I may post a few of the scripts that part as well..

-Squalker
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 19:55
Excellent news! The video looks great, and it must have been a pain to type up those scripts (unless you took the easy way that I would have done).

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 20:05
Quote: "it must have been a pain to type up those scripts (unless you took the easy way that I would have done)."

Nah they are some pretty easy ones actually... wait till you guys see the finished levelsetup.fpi file lol... now that is a script
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
cor blimey

eeeerrrrrr huh!!! strewth

how the hell do you call that easy?

brain ache just looking at it, let alone creating it.
well i feel a major amateur compaired to you sunshine.

well done awesome video cant wait to have a go on it
heres to you

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 20:23
Wow some epic use of scripting. Looks really fun. I especially love the loading bar.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 19:45
I don't want this to drop off the face of the planet, is there any progress being made with this? Is it still in development?

reauirentem
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2011 02:40 Edited at: 10th Dec 2011 02:43
Quote: "I don't want this to drop off the face of the planet, is there any progress being made with this? Is it still in development?"

Yes there is, when I get time... I have just been really tied down lately had to play catch up after being sick and then got landed with another big contract at work ... So I have had little time for it currently...

I will finish up with my current contract at the end of the year and will be back at it full steam ahead again once that is over and done with it.. Things have just been really crazy with work and the holidays coming.. Look to see some major progress on this after the holidays are over and done.

-Squalker
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 03:21
Bumb
Hows this coming? Looks amazing!

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 19:52
Ok Wow its been a long time... Sorry guys RL had me tied up quite a bit over the holidays.. I will be finished my current contract job from by the end of next week... Once its done I should be good to go.. and get back to work on this.

-Squalker
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 22:41

That's all there is to be said.

Cheesehead for life.
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2012 13:39
Just another heads up... I am back to doing a bit of work on this project when I get time... I am hoping to have some stuff to show you guys soon..

Will keep you all posted here..
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2012 13:47
Yay. I was beginning to worry that this got dropped, can't wait to see new stuff soon.

There's no kill switch on awesome.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
yay

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2012 00:18
Quite.

Cheesehead for life.
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2012 16:08
I am currently working on the Manufacturing, Combining and Refining systems that will be used for crafting items within the city. Here is quick look at the script I wrote this morning for the Manufacturing Terminals... there will of course be a lot more option in the final script... but I am posting it so you guys get the general idea of how it will work..

Enjoy !!
-Squalker
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2012 15:31 Edited at: 17th Feb 2012 15:31
Haven't checked out these forums recently

Glad to see this is still coming along! Looking forward to seeing what you have accomplished!
[center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-17 00:42:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-17 00:42:16