Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / RPG UI System

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2011 11:02 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2011 11:19
Starting working on an inventory window graphic in photoshop which then lead into making it functional in DBP. Well, one thing lead to another and now I find myself making this little system just for fun.

I use the D3D plugin for font rendering and I believe the min/max commands are from Matrix1 library. If you need the min/max functions you can simply add these two functions here so you can at least test the system. You can also replace the d3d font commands with standard text commands, but it won't look as pretty. Also, I use the 'Myriad Pro' font, not sure if that's common or not.

Press the spacebar to load a random item into the user's hands. You can place it in the inventory window. Keys and scrolls can be stacked. Items can be moved around after they've been placed.

To drop the item that's in your hands (delete it for good), just click anywhere outside of the inventory or stat window and it'll disappear in a puff of smoke. (the second time anyway, animation won't play the first time around for some reason)

Use the right arrow key to give yourself 520 experience each time. It will automatically level you up and increase the amount of experience required to achieve the next level based upon a simple algorithm. As you level, your maximum health and mana increase but the current amounts will not change. This is to illustrate the life/mana meters at the bottom left corner.

You can also drag the two windows around by grabbing them towards the top. Hover the mouse over various areas to show tool tips.

Aside from the smoke animation(found on a random website) and the item images, which are from Diablo2(meaning you can't use them in your game, I only use them for example purposes), the rest of the graphics were mine and are free to use, as is the code.

Coming up next, equipping items to the character window.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2011 11:05 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2011 11:06

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:15:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:15:47