Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Model Pack 57 Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2011 02:21
How would I get the zombies to follow waypoints so I can have a mini-nazi zombie themed game with them? I just took stuff from the pace.fpi script in the scriptbank/people folder and added it to the top of the walkingzombie.fpi script in scriptbank/zombie_apocalyspe2 Here is what the top part says

In the editor it shows up perfectly fine, And for the sake of a slow connection I will just link to a image of the editor - http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4579/asdasdasdasdasdhl.jpg But in game they don't spawn =/ Any ideas?

FPSCraft has been delayed (cancelled most likely) due to computer issues until further notice.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 07:30 Edited at: 4th Oct 2011 07:36
I got you covered man!

Take a look at this short script, and apply it as the zombie's "main" script, and I'll explain how it works.

The first four lines are the "waypoint following" code. Set up your waypoints and the zombie will follow them.

The next three lines are the conditions for detecting the player. I've set three conditions here. First, if the zombie is shot at. Second, if the zombie hears a sound. And third, if the zombie can see you AND you are within 300 units.

If any of the above conditions are met, then the final two lines of the script tell the zombie to STOP walking waypoints, and tells it to immediately go to the "walkingzombie.fpi" script, where he will attack you. There are all kinds of ways to customize this, which I will leave as an exercise for you. But this should be good enough to get you started!

SPECS: Windows7 x64, Intel Core i7 920, Geforce GTX 580, 6GB RAM
VaMpIr3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 07:54
Oh damn I didn't expect a reply from the boss lol,

Anyways I have a new problem D;,
I have the zombies set so that when one is killed another one spawns to simulate a (very bad/prototypish) wave system for zombies, after "wave 1" the zombies turn invisible, You can still see their shadows, But I can't see their main texture. Any clues as to why that is happening? Oh and great work btw =D

3D Texture Artist
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a long standing bug with FPSC when spawning characters. Use "appear2.fpi" as their starting script instead. You may want to add in the command HIDESHADOW=1 in there somewhere to get rid of the blob shadow though.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Be aware that there is a related bug which appear2 does not resolve the issue when multiple respawning characters are placed in the map.

http://code.google.com/p/fpscreatorengine/issues/detail?id=108
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 08:57 Edited at: 4th Oct 2011 09:02
Well then, there is another way to kill the problem for good. Open the shader itself and find the line that looks like this, depending on the shader, near the bottom:

result.a=diffusemap.a * Alphavalue;
OR
result.a= 1 * Alphavalue;;

and change it to:
result.a= diffusemap.a;

Just get rid of the variable named "Alphavalue" and this will hard-code the alpha value to the diffuse map's alpha channel. That should fix the problem until FPSC handles alpha correctly.

By the way Errant, I've added some additions to FPSC on the Google Code page that you'll probably like. For one, FPSC now finally sends MUZZLEFLASH lighting to the shaders. I've been having fun with your led lights. The cool thing is, you can alter the MUZZLECOLORR,MUZZLECOLORG,MUZZLECOLORB values in the gunspec to go even higher than 255 to effectively set the light range of the muzzleflash for different guns, which works really great for your lights!

http://code.google.com/p/fpscreatorengine/source/detail?r=463

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent news! Looking foreward to playing around with it once I get some freelance distractions cleared out.
VaMpIr3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 09:13
Oh dear god EAI and bond1 in my thread. This is amazing.

On topic:

I'm on my phone right now so I'll try that tomorrow thanks for helping! =D

3D Texture Artist

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 14:25:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 14:25:48