Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [FREE] Menu system with click effect buttons and Select Difficulty Mode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2012 00:11 Edited at: 20th Mar 2012 00:18
Hello my dear friends,

After over a week of headaches i finnaly could create a simple, yet working, and in my opinion, very cool Menu System (game title.fpi) with select difficulty option.

Well, this will not work with all game projects here, however, i think it can give ideas, many folks may find it usefull, may get some ideas from this menu and use on their game.

I am using the Variables System from Model Pack 54 (Scary Thinker) to create a complex mission system for my 007 Fan Game, i already created it, is working perfectly.

Also i am using difficulty levels (easy, medium and hard), and the hardest the level, the more achievements will be avaiable on each mission.

If anyone here played Goldeneye 007 (both for Wii, or N64), will understand what i am saying.

In example, if you play level 1 in easy mode, you will have 3 achievements to complete (a,b,c). If you play in medium you have 4 achievements to complete (a,b,c,d). And if you play on hard you have 5 achievements to complete (a,b,c,d,e).

Also the hardest the level, the more enemies will have in mission (this is done using trigger zones to spawn characters checking the difficulty level selected).

And in this Menu i created, the player will have first 3 buttons:

[NEW GAME]

[LOAD GAME]

[EXIT GAME]

If player clicks on [NEW GAME] it will open a new page on the menu with the following buttons:

[EASY]

[MEDIUM]

[HARD]

Each button will set the difficulty variable to a specified value
(0 for easy, 1 for medium and 2 for hard).

And the achievements nodes (mission objectives) from MP54 will check inside the level what difficulty mode the player selected, so this way, everything in my game works inter related.

It`s a bit complicated, but with hard working and patient, i made it work everything well.

And here is the Menu Script, hope you find usefull:

Goldenye 007 N64
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2012 01:56
Thank You

mkombat1010@gmail.com
http://technowarfareproductions.webs.com/
get free fpsc media at http://fpscfree.webs.com/
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow thats a long script with complex work.Well done mate

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2012 11:10
so you get it done finally, very cool, 007.

have you checked in finalbuild? i setup a levelclock with a dimvar, and notice that its getting transported until you totally leave the game-exe. it upholds even over loadgame, game-finished and playerdeath if you dont reset the dimvar in the gameover/gamecomplete.fpi.

just4info to check.

Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, Maho76,

You are right, the FPSC transport the variables until you exit the game.exe. It happens because the game begins not when you click on a new game, but since the time that you run the game.exe.

Indeed the levels are just a part of the game, but the game itself always begin when you first run game.exe.

It`s because this i wrote those commands to reset the game variables upon EVERY NEW GAME, so the player does not need to wait until game is complete. Each time he begins a new game, will reset ALL the global vars that are being used in the game.

I did not chek yet on a final build, because i will not build my game yet. I have wrote a "Project Workflow" for my 007 Fan Game, and whenever i finish a task, i don`t waste time, i go on to another task.

Now is time to play with Level Design, as my main gameplay system is finally done, thanks to God, and after this, thanks for the help of dear folks like you and other here in this beloved community.

I FPSC

Now i downloaded a lot of VRAY tutorials (this is a Lighting Plugin System for 3dsmax) to study. I will be using the same technique Rolfy used in his project Dark House (yes, it inspired me a lot).

All the lighting will be done in 3dsmax (so you can have awesome visuals) then the lighting and shadows are "painted" on the object textures, so there is no need to use lighting in FPSC.

Result, awesome visual, high FPS and more objects on screen, because you will "overcome" the 2GB memory limit of FPSC (because lightmapping in FPSC is high memory consumpting).

Just for the folks having an idea, look for what I WILL TRY to port to FPSC (off course in FPSC it will not look 100% the same, but i think, 90% yes):

In the above scene, if you see, you will think "Oh it is very high poly, FPSC cannot handle it!"

No it is not,

Look at the original image of the model in 3dsmax:

So you can see, it is a standart 3d scene, but the magic is on this plugin VRAY.

So it`s all folks,

Goldenye 007 N64
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, 007

You have certainly grown quite a bit since arriving here. Please post tutorials for us "slower" forum members.

Well done

Eugene
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the post dear elbow,

But i did not create those 3d scenes, those are tutorial scenes avaiable free on the internet, on cg sites, also on the official vray website.

I downloaded those scenes to study them, i will try port them to fpsc and only after i "get the thing" i will create my own scenes.

I began on the 3d world from a long time, almost 6 years, i began with Cinema 4D, but there is almost 2 years i migrated from Cinema 4D to 3dsmax because of FPSC. And there is almost 6 months i began to study FPI Script.

And a good counseilling, learn FPI Script, because this is the basis to learn well FPSC.

Cheers,

Goldenye 007 N64
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi 007

LOL - I did not mean the scenes you posted

I meant wow for the script - my longest most complex script is about 20 lines long!

And when you get the vray thingy right, please do tutorials for us so that we can use your breakthrough to save fps in our games.

Now that I know your background, I understand how you are able to advance so quickly.

Regards

Eugene
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 07:53
Whoa, nice work there 007, quite a large script. Looking forward to any scripts you make in the future

-TZK

Years of Service
User Offline
Yes dear elbow,

Also there is a version of VRAY for Google Sketchup (i think more people here use sketchup instead of 3dsmax).

Yes, be sure, i will post tutorials here for the folks with a basic idea on how to use vray to create a realistic ilumination for your scenes and then export to FPSC

@Zombie Killer

Hello my dear friend,

Yes, off course, any cool script that i create, i will share here with the community.

I know my scripts may not be usefull for many projects here, because i am creating them specifically to my 007 Goldeneye Fan Game, but as you have seen, they may contain very cool ideas, and i am sure anyone can take some parts of those scripts and use them for their projects.

In example, i created an "swap image" effect for the buttons without using the GUI-X9 commands, only vanilla fpi commands!

Cheers for all folks of this beloved community.

Goldenye 007 N64
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 16:48
What will happen if you change the difficulty?
Years of Service
User Offline
@A dude

As i said in the beginning of the post, i created a complex mission objective system based on Model Pack 54.

But to note, yes, the player will enjoy playing my 007 fan game in 3 difficulties.

In example, on easy mode the game will go until level 18

In medium mode the game will go until level 19, but the previous levels will have more achievements to accomplish (mission objectives), the player will have more weapons, the enemies will be stronger and such.

And for hard mode the game will go until level 20, also more mission objectives, more weapons, more enemies, more stronger enemies, and such.

Also each level of difficulty will have a diferent ending sequence, so my game will have 3 ending videos, so the player will have to play my game 3 times to fully enjoy it.

Hope explained.

Goldenye 007 N64

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:07:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:07:02