Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Enhanced Animations - Transition from a Transition?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 14:40 Edited at: 21st Jul 2012 08:15
I have a looping animation which I apply to a suitable model using Enhanced Animations. In this looping animation, the last frame is a duplicate of the first frame. This ensures the animation loops smoothly. But I want to cut out the last frame of the loop (to reduce file size) and use a transition to get from frame "-1" back to frame "1" instead.

The code below runs the looping animation with its final frame cut just once without looping and checks to see if it has ended; if so, the looping animation is then applied as a transition from itself.

So far so good. The animation loops nice and smooth.

When the transition is complete, the transition animation should become the "playing animation" as explained in the EA help files. So the program continues checking to see if the looping animation has ended (just as before) - only this time, the call to apply a transition animation fails and does nothing.

So it appears I cannot "transition" from a transition animation.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or has this always been an EA limitation? I've never really thought about it until now.

EDIT: Oh. Could this be a u77 thing? Ouch.

EDIT2: Apparently not! Thank goodness for that. Unfortunately the original issue still stands.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:36:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:36:42