Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Camera Orientation

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2012 08:14 Edited at: 6th Sep 2012 08:16
After doing some testing on my iPad, it would seem that the "ShowImageCaptureScreen" freaks out when locking the orientation of the app via "SetOrientationAllowed"

When using the following code:

The capture screen / camera view is "inverted". When holding the device in landscape mode the image your seeing is as if you were holding the device in portrait mode and when holding the device in portrait mode the image your seeing is as if you were holding the device in landscape mode.

Example device being held in landscape mode:

Is there any known way to correct this by using tier 1 or by editing the interpreter?

Sean

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone have any ideas ? Games close to being done, mainly just need to figure out this issue...

Sean

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2012 10:32 Edited at: 9th Sep 2012 10:59
I haven't played around a lot with these commands but have you tried something like this?

I'm not entirely sure if you can use the SetOrientationAllowed() command numerous times throughout a program but it's worth a shot.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2012 11:07 Edited at: 9th Sep 2012 11:25
It would seem that whatever orientation the camera starts up in, it automatically assumes is portrait mode. It appears the solution would be to force the device into portrait mode and then call the camera, but there doesn't seem to be any way of doing that.

Sean

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2012 11:28
When all else fails....there's the bug/feature request board.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2012 14:15
I'm having the same issue in Love Hearts. I'll keep you posted if a solution comes up

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2012 15:38 Edited at: 9th Sep 2012 15:39
Don't take this the wrong way but... good! If an official TGC app has run into the same issue I assume it would be a top priority to get it fixed.

Right now I'm trying quite the messy work-around, of which I'm not fond of. Which is to:

Allow all orientations
Prompt the user to rotate their device into portrait mode
Wait for portrait orientation
After capture prompt user to rotate their device into landscape mode
Wait for landscape orientation
Relock orientation

Something like this:

While this HORRIBLE work-around kind of works, it basically causes the camera view to be locked in portrait mode. So with the camera on, the camera view will not rotate with the orientation of the device.

I really hope you come up with a real solution, and if so please don't hesitate to let me in on it!

Sean

Pawprints
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess you're all using iOs 6 in which case I've not come across a solution apart from revert to xcode 4.4 That works.

If you're using xcode 4.4 iOs (5.1) edit the agkinterpreter-info-plist that's in resources. You can download 4.4 from the apple developer site and it re-installs and seems to run off of the disc image (not too sure on why or how but hey it works).

If it's not broken don't keep trying to fix it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 06:37:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 06:37:07