Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [iOS Release] Pirate's Jewels

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 07:07
Hello,

You may recognize this project as Pirates Treasure from my WIP post here.

Unfortunately that name was taken twice over (foolish me for not checking early enough) so I had to rename it to Pirates Jewels.

Available on iTunes App Store here.

I would like to thank this great community for a lot of advice and assistance over the past 8 months. I set a personal goal to teach myself to program and began that as of Feb 1st 2012.

I completed the DBPro version of this project in June and decided I was up to learning C++ next and ported my DBPro project to AppGameKit Tier 2 project while learning C++ in approximately 2.5 months.

I would definitely testify that AppGameKit is a great product and easy to use.

While I've had some challenges (templates anyone ...?) the community testers came through countless times with great help and advice! Thank you community testers!

Also I want to give a very heartfelt thank you to everyone who ever replied to my forum posts. You really helped me make this happen!

I am currently working on the 1.1 version which will include additional localization (language) support in addition to the default of English I will be adding Spanish, French and German. Hopefully this will be out in the next 2 weeks or so as its progressing nicely so far.

Thank you!
Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 09:09
Grats on releasing Pirate Jewels I hope it does well for you.

Auger
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 11:36
Congratulations erebusman! You should be very proud, well done! Any plans to release on Android?

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I have never been good at this kind of game. But, I just bought it Great job!
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 00:36
Looks very nice

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 05:30
Thank you guys much appreciated!

@ Hodgey re :

Quote: "Congratulations erebusman! You should be very proud, well done! Any plans to release on Android?"

It is a possibility. I need to look at the revenue on iOS before I decide if android is likely to be profitable or not.

@xCept : Thank you very much!

@ Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS : Thank you!
pprem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 00:35
I just bought it and it doesn't pass the splash screen...

iPad 1 iOS 5.1 and iPod Touch iOS 6 => same problem

I launch the game, it display the first splash screen, and then the second one with AppGameKit logo... and nothing.

Please help

--
Patrick P.
http://www.gamolf.fr
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 04:52 Edited at: 11th Oct 2012 05:00
Hi pprem.

Please try the following

- once you see the splash screen with the AppGameKit logo turn the device to a different orientation

- wait 1 second, then turn it back

- you should see the main menu

This is an issue I reported in this thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=200386&b=44

However this was resolved for me by upgrading to iOS 6

Can you let me know if turning the device after the splash screen works for you?

Additional Questions:
1: Do you happen to be using any software or apps that cause 'frame skipping'? to speed up your device? One of my QA testers noted the orientation problem when he was using software like this.

2: Are your devices jailbroken?

Thank you!

pprem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 14:41
No jailbreak for my devices, it's the last release of iOS on each one.

iPod with iOS6 => after the music start, the program crashes
iPad1 with iOS 5.1.1 => the program start with landscape orientation, after the music start (page "loading" with AppGameKit logo), I can change orientation 180°, the menu appear and then the program crashes

do you want crash log ?

if you want I test something with none published release, I can send you me UDID.

--
Patrick P.
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 16:59
-pprem ; if you have a crash log I will definitely take it. You can send to support@infernohawke.com

- I am working on a new build right now that may be done this weekend if you can provide the crash log I'll see what I can do to fix what you are experiencing!

Thank you for telling me and sharing the information!

pprem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 22:24
hip hip hip hourra

I played the game but when we return to the menu, we can't continue our game. A pause / restart option would be great.

the problem is in changing orientation multiple times

returning the device 180° is ok to start the game after the splash screen
returning the device 90°, -90°, 180° two times and it crash

I send you debug log

--
Patrick P.
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 22:47
Awesome thank you for following up I appreciate the information I want to make my app as good as possible!

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 23:57
@pprem: I was able to identify due to your crash logs that the app is closing due to not enough memory on your device.

- Also due to this I did some troubleshooting and found that there appears to be a memory leak with the SetTextFontImage,I assume its my fault and attempting to fix that issue.

- Also doing some memory optimizations. I have used 3 custom font images, going to cut that down to 2; which should immediately lower memory requirements and then optimize a bit more from there.

Thank you for sharing the crash logs, much appreciated.

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2012 04:40
Just uploaded new version 1.1 currently waiting for review.
=================
* Added translations for Spanish, French, and German in addition to the original English.

New Features From Customer Feedback!
* Added new graphic for "Invalid Move" splash that is easier to read and doesn't go away so fast !
* When exiting a game in progress you are warned before quitting as progress is currently lost if you do so.

* Made additional optimizations for better performance on older devices.
* Fixed launch orientation issue for some devices.
* Optimized memory for better performance
=====================

Should be available in a couple of days!

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 06:36
And still waiting for the new release.

FYI:
I was able to test on a friends iPhone 3GS , the game works fine on his phone other than the problem noted here.

So at this point I've played the game in my hand on :
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPod Touch 4
iPad 2

Hoping someone chips in to figure out what's going on , otherwise I will keep grinding away at it myself!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:25:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:25:35