Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / AGK1082 xcode error messages T2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2012 20:06
I downloaded AGK1082 today and tried the examples with xcode to see if they compile on Tier 2.
At first, the program (box3D from samples) asked for a missing header (3Dmath.h) so I added it to the project. Also xcode suggested to update the project because it is on xcode3.1 format, so I converted it to 3.2.
Everything seems in place, but the compiler shows some errors and I just do not find where to fix the. Below is the error list.

Any idea is appreciated. My OSX is the latest mountain lion 10.8.2, and xcode is 4.5.1, the latest version.

So far, AppGameKit 1076 projects run fine, both samples and my own programs.

May the 3d force B with U
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2012 21:00
The examples are not up to date with v1082. All the core files they use will be pre-1076 (they haven't been up to date for several releases).

The example projects will not have the correct library references for v1082.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 06:06
Kind of bad... I would expect at least an xcode template for this version of AppGameKit, and if the samples are not working they should just omit them IMHO.

As time allows will try to make a project from scratch.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 07:12 Edited at: 20th Oct 2012 07:12
Read my post and you know what to add to get the template working.
Is in the Ancient Lady Template post for 108.
You need to copy all the library manually, this is why i use 1074.
All the library included are all things we can do by ourself, except for 3D.

I asked TGC if they can do them optional instead required, but no answer for the moment.

Long life to Steve!
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 19:04
Thanks xGekko, will try that.

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 22:20
xGekkox, I downloaded your template and took care to revise every single setting for the iOS Xcode T2 project, and pointing to the correct libraries, headers, Etc..
Also verified valid architectures, code signing, Etc.

I made a copy for AGKv1076 and one for AGKv1082beta.

Have not tried a macOSX project, only for iOS.

Results are>

- On 1082 beta, it shows the same errors I have (see my first message on this thread) before. What I donĀ“t seem to find is the place where a Arch for i386 is configured on the project.

- for 1076 still have to test.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2012 08:43
1082 need the addictions of 10 new libs into the framework.
You can find the missing lib in the AppGameKit folder but in the interpreter sample and the twitter and facebook libs dir. Also don't forget the oauth lib and some new frameworks that you can see in the interpreter sample.

In this way you can test the 1082 with the basic template (not with mine that is completely different)

Long life to Steve!
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2012 22:28 Edited at: 24th Oct 2012 22:36
I found the libOAuth.a on the agkinterpreter_ios project folder, on classes/social plugins, but it does not seem to contain some references and there are still some errors, clearly due to missing libs, so am looking for them in the web.

EDIT: Errors are now due to the google ad lib, which references some other library which am trying to determine yet.
Errors are below.

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2012 00:05
Problem seems solved! After googling the error message, I found a post on stackoverflow site, with a mention to the same error.

Steps for your AGK1082 gekko template to run was:

a) Add the following libs to the project: libOAuth.a, libGoogleAdMobAds.a. Both are found on the AppGameKit files, on IDE/apps/interpreter_ios/social plugins

b) Add the following frameworks to the project:

AudioToolbox
MessageUI
SystemConfiguration
CoreGraphics
Storekit

They are found on /applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.Platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks

To add, just drag the finder framework folder to the xcode files pane.

I did the same modifications to one of the sample projects, Box2D, but it seem to need another lib. Am looking for info on the errors, and trying to determine which lib or framework is needed.

In this case, errors are:

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2012 00:24
Success!

The Box2D sample project and others run fine when the following frameworks are added (and libs from my previous post):

Mediaplayer
mediatoolbox
coreaudio
coredata
corevideo
videotoolbox

Probably one of these is not needed, but anyway it does not do any harm to keep it on the project.

Also I modified (again) the agk::InitGL( self.view) by removing the ".view" to avoid the runtime error from it.
It gives me the clue that TGC had not modified/checked the ios sample code, so I would suggest them to deliver a complete product by revising all the sample code and projects.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2012 03:12
Exact JD...
Now you know the lib to add.
As i said in other posts, i hope TGC let us to decide which one to add, and not all together.

Have you tried on my template too?
Is ok?

Long life to Steve!
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2012 04:01
Yes, Thank you, your template works like a charm, am going to use it for my projects, now porting to 108. Hope that release version is not very different from this beta.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 11:43:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 11:43:24