Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / CorVus Mod - In Development Again!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 08:09 Edited at: 30th Oct 2012 08:25

Hi all,
CorVus Mod Plus, as most of you know, was canceled. But now since EVOLVED has released a beta of his new Advanced Lighting renderer, it's back!
This is just a development thread, and probably won't end up to be the official thread.

Suggestions are welcome, provided that they are possible of course :p
The feature list of the original CorVus mod will most likely be implemented, but every feature will be optional, and I will attempt to get test game to work.

Credits go to EVOLVED of course, and Dark Goblin for developing the original CorVus mod, which this mod will be based upon.

X | Dynamic shadows
X | Light rays
X | ToD* System
X | High quality lightmapping
X | Depth-of-field
X | Motion blur
X | Anti-aliasing
X | Spot lights
X | Point lights
X | Directional lights
X | Eye-adaptive bloom
X | Community mod implementation**

You can view the sourceforge project page here.

* Time of day
** Basically inherits the feature list of the community mod

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 08:10 Edited at: 30th Oct 2012 08:14
This post is mainly for screenshots and updates.

To get a feel for what CorVus mod will be like, take a look at Dark Goblin's old threads:
Cranox Mod (Old Dynamic Shadows Mod) - 56k Warning
Dynamic Shadows in FPSC x9

-TZK

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Dropped you a mail through your contact form on your site.

Codepard
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 20:56
Nice cant wait for this to be done! Will you also put stuff from the community mod into CorVus?

This man with long tail just popped out and said Spagett!... It was not scary, It was just abnormal.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2012 01:19
@The Zombie Killer

Can I make 1 suggestion?

Please do not waste any time on the other features in the new Corvus until you've got dynamic shadows working in a stable way so that can actually be considered a fully developed feature.

I get really annoyed when people announce a new mod and try to list a whole bunch of potential features that either don't get implemented or take up time which could be better spent elsewhere.

The whole point of Corvus mod is dynamic shadows and on every version so far that has been the thing which caused it to not get released or finished.

I say again, please do not work on anything else until dynamic shadows is in there and working with good performance. Otherwise this is another doomed to failure project.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2012 05:57
Quote: "CorVus Mod Plus, as most of you know, was canceled. But now since EVOLVED has released a beta of his new Advanced Lighting renderer, it's back!
This is just a development thread, and probably won't end up to be the official thread."

Good luck with this, TZK. You've done well with the Community Mod and we have faith this will work out for you as well.

Quote: "I get really annoyed when people announce a new mod and try to list a whole bunch of potential features that either don't get implemented or take up time which could be better spent elsewhere."

I believe that is a matter of perspective.

Quote: "I say again, please do not work on anything else until dynamic shadows is in there and working with good performance. Otherwise this is another doomed to failure project."

Honestly? You keep mentioning dynamic shadows in multiple threads. If you truly believe this will make or break a mod's development, then you must have a low opinion of the other modders in the community.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2012 08:04
@Red Eye
Quote: "Dropped you a mail through your contact form on your site. "

Replied.

@kingofmk98
Yes, it will be the same source code as the community mod, just with CorVus added to it.

@Nomad Soul
That's what I had planned, but I'm not so sure now since my PC is pretty low-end.

@BlackFox
Quote: "Good luck with this, TZK. You've done well with the Community Mod and we have faith this will work out for you as well."

Thanks!

-TZK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:17:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:17:58