Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Stutering in games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 06:38 Edited at: 7th Jan 2013 06:43
My friend (on steam) has been encountering consistent momentary drops in frame rate while playing games like Skyrim and BF3. He said that this makes the Campaign of BF3 nearly unplayable.

He's been asking me for advice on what to do, but I've never had the problem, so I don't know how to fix it.

Does anyone have an idea of how to diagnose or fix this?

Oh, ya, he also said that it always did this, but he was able to fix it at one point, but since he wiped his computer, it has had the issue. (not sure about how accurate all that is. He doesn't know much about computers.)

http://youtu.be/IoEjpXhqikY

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 11:27
laughing over...

GET HIS SYSTEM SPECS, Modern enough to handle this tells me/us nothing, and automatic settings are only there for simplicity... they are often based on card model, not manufacturer specifications...

And as I / We know nothing about his system, we cannot say anything...

But he should check his GPU control panel settings... and then consider taking control of his GFX options... as clearly his so called modern computer is not up to the job, BF3 is no simple game, the visual effects are intense on hardware requirements, even on medium...

DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 04:09
Ya, forgot about that.... He hasn't been able to give me the models of all his parts yet, so, I better get back with that...

DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 00:29
specs:

and an amd radeon hd 6900.

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "amd radeon hd 6900.
"

Doesn't exist, that's a series.