Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / !Free! Starmind's Video Textures ! Free!

Author
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 07:08 Edited at: 31st Jan 2013 17:35
I have been working on these ever since I saw a post on the forum about rain on a window. Then Rolfy kept putting up these great video textures and I thought, I bet I can make a video texture to look like rain flowing down the window and that is what I did.

I have made rain, laser, force field, electric fence and 6 different lock textures. With these new video textures I had to have a new shader for them, so I asked Uzi Idiot to make one. After many emails of dealing with picky Starmind, Uzi gave me what I wanted. Uzi did a great job without complaint and I thank you for your help.

Next to make this work I had to have a script that would make things work like a switch. I thought that I would take one of Blackfox's scripts and make it work for my new lock. Boy, was I wrong. So I sent it to Blackfox and asked him what I do wrong and after a few giggles he says simple fix. Maybe for him.

Now I give to you all on the forum, what am I here for again? Oh, yes Video textures for your games.

If this is the first time using the video textures, all you need to do is give the script to the appear. If you are wanting to use the effect on a window, you will need to give it a new texture from my pack and use the new shader. Oh and don't forget to give it the appear script for your effect. If you have any questions about the pack you can ask here and I will anwser as fast as I can.

Here are some screenies:
Rain

Force Field

Laser

Electric Fence

Videos:

Here is my original test render video before I made the first texture.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 07:28
Thanks for these. I'm anxious to try them out. I actually can't see the images very well for the force field and the top image of the rain.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 07:39
Nice work, Starmind. Glad to be of help, although I do not recall "giggles" LOL.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Really nice work bro

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 08:48
Looks great, thank you

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 09:07
Sounds like a really nice addition to FPSC. Looking forward to trying it.

A video of the effects might help "sell" the idea to even more users
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 11:44
Scurvy Lobster - Hva Sa hvordan gaar det derover? [For non-Danes - Hey, what's up, how is it going over there]

starmind 001 - Yup a video would sell these very well, specially that rain texture... Also, those Electric Fences got me thinking... Would that much Electrical Charge not cast a shadow?

Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 11:46
Nice work, thanks

Tax

Sorry but I use a translator
loler
Years of Service
User Offline
damn this looks nice really nice work you have done there

greetings loler

its not a bug its a feature
Willow
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 14:56
starmind 001 these look great! Thank you very much for sharing.

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 15:41
Fantastic work Starmind 001.
I gather you need FPSC v-120 + to be able to use them?
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 16:03
Quote: "I gather you need FPSC v-120 + to be able to use them? "

Correct Ross. The feature was introduced in v1.20, unless you are using an older source like us and have it ported in.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 16:57
Comrade! This is sick! They look amazing and cannot wait to play around with them! Thank you!

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have heard your cries for a video. The first two are of my last test before putting them on the forum. The next one is the test before I asked Uzi for a shader. The last one is the first idea and test that never made it to be a video texture.

I am glad you all enjoy the textures. I do want to point out that the textures do put a load on a low end computer. So I would try not to use to many of them at once.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
These are great.. Excellent work. I've got to say, I'm very impressed with the standard of the work being turned out for the new video texture feature.

SC
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 21:40
Quote: "I've got to say, I'm very impressed with the standard of the work being turned out for the new video texture feature."

You can thank Rolfy and us for "getting the ball rolling". Coffee and donuts will suffice.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You can thank Rolfy and us"
Thank you!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2013 13:28
Awesome! Really cool and useful for my project. Even if it wasn't, I would force it to be useful, because it's so cool

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2013 20:10
Thanks Man! These are great!

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2013 21:50
Cruising the forum today, and saw this. Can't check them out for awhile as I'm still using 1.18 for a current project I started a while back, and don't want to upgrade halfway thru.

After watching the videos, I really would love to give these a go, and try to make some stuff of my own. So I may be picking your star"Mind" to get some tips. They look really cool.

Back from the Wasteland.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Can't check them out for awhile as I'm still using 1.18 for a current project "

Hey CP, you can make a copy of your tgc folder and upgrade that to the current upgrade. I have from v1.07 all the way to the current. I also have one for each of the mods that have come out. It makes it easy to test models between updates. If you just do a copy and then do a clean install, it makes it easier for each update to be more stand alone.

If you don't have the HD space for it a flash drive will work. Just copy and paste onto your desktop when you want to test and then delete when your are done. Simple.

Quote: "So I may be picking your star"Mind" to get some tips"

I can't wait.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2013 00:24
He,he you nailed it buddy. My C drive is just 500gb , and It's nearly full. And my laptop has less.

Back from the Wasteland.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2013 01:07
Wow! Thats really,really good. Love the force field.The second vid reminds me of a "body-scanner" in some scifi movie. Nonetheless, great work
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work and thanks for this

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2013 13:24
These look really good, thanks.

I've got an idea for combining the rain-on-the-window with Rolfy's weather system, in the later levels for Seclusion.

I'm wanting to creat an LV426 and Fury 161 type of weather system on a distant planet, so these 2 combined will be perfect I think (I now just need to buy some of rolfy's superb skyboxes!)

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 00:15
Awesome work starmind! It's stuff like this that makes me want to return to FPSC as soon as possible!

Skort
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome work! Thanks for sharing your work!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:06:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:06:24