Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Tier 1] [iOS + Android] - iTrippin' Optical Illusions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 03:15 Edited at: 11th Apr 2013 03:18

This was a small and spontaneous project I threw together a couple of weeks ago. It was mostly an experiment into creating an adaptable interface that supports all resolutions and orientations on all kinds of devices (e.g. 9-patch panels etc.)

The idea itself was hatched by my nephews who enjoyed the 'growing head illusion' effect at a hypnotist show, where you stare at the spinning disc for 30 seconds then look at the performer's head and it appears to be growing. It includes three different effects: warp, shrink, and grow. Each effect is dynamically animated and tricks your eyes into distorting the world for a short while when you look away at the end.

Main Features

* Comprehensive support for all device resolutions and orientations. Take these illusions on the road with your phone, or use the highest resolution tablet for a more immerse visual experience.

* Three different optical illusions that fool your eyes in unique and exciting ways.

* An optional Plasma mode to view supported illusions in an endlessly evolving stream of psychedelic and hypnotic colors.

* The ability to run each illusion for 30 seconds (default) or 60 seconds for increased effectiveness.

* A sample photograph at the end of each illusion so you can immediately see the effects. Remember that the photograph is static and never changes, but thanks to the power of these illusions whatever you look at will appear fully animated for a short period of time.

* An optional upgrade can be purchased that will allow you to import your own custom photos from your library or camera to view at the end of each illusion. The upgrade also removes the banner advertisement.

Download Links (Free)

iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad): https://itunes.apple.com/app/id625656494

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linkedpixel.itrippin

Enjoy!

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 17:41
Nice little app xCept!

BTW, I noticed your appScribblify, is that made in AppGameKit or XCode?

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Rick. Scribblify was developed in Xcode before AppGameKit came around. Such an app wouldn't yet be possible at least in Tier 1 as there isn't any way to draw directly to the buffer at the needed speed. Of course some have been able to achieve similar in Tier 2 using AppGameKit but I haven't tried that yet.
tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2013 15:59 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2013 16:02
Nice app! like watching my wall after playing with it Would you be so kind to share the idea how you did the restore button for In-App purchases in iOS - is this just GetInAppPurchaseAvailable or some more sophisticated objC code behind? I'm now stuck with this in my own iOS app
PS Yes I've upgraded it already

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2013 17:30 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2013 17:31
Thanks! The Restore Purchases is pretty straightforward.

1.) Setup your In App Purchase during the app initialization. Mine looks like:

2.) After initializing and setting up the IAP, check to see if the user has already unlocked the full version.

3.) When the user presses the Restore button, call InAppPurchaseRestore() as follows:

tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2013 22:08 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2013 22:08
Thanks, that helped I see I've missed the appearance of InAppPurchaseRestore() in the beta commands list

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 15:09:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 15:09:20