Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Programming Talk / C++ / C# - Screen size on test runs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2013 07:22
I am using visual c++ 2008. If I run some code ( start without debugging) The screen is very small. I can't find a setting to change it. I have tried sizing it with the mouse. You can get it about 3/4 from top to bottom. and not very wide. I would like to see my program run in full screen. Anyone know how to get it into full screen mode?
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2013 16:14
I have had 20 views on this post since last night. No one knows how to fix this? I think I discussed this very briefly in another post with Mr Valentine and a few others that are interested. Someone said try release mode which I have not tried but will. When I am still coding and testing I would still like to run in full screen mode.

I tried with a newer version of Dev c WX or something like that. Iam also going to try in code blocks. I do use visual c++ 2008 right now. I tried that Dev C last night and really like it. Don't think I can use GDK with it though. I do think SFML has a set up for that version of Dev c.
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2013 16:43
OK for anyone who wants to know how to do this I got it. I still am learning c++ and only make console programs ATM and sometimes DGDK. With regular C++ and not using DGDK you really have no way to format text, screen pos etc unless you use some escape characters in your code (\n, \t etc...) or learn an api like SFML, DGDK, SDL.

To get get your output window bigger when you run the program in debug mode all you do is run without debugging. When the window opens and you see your program in action go to the top title bar of that window and right click or go to the icon at the far left corner and left click. go to properties and change the screen buffer size to what you want then below that change the screen height and width to what you want. I changed mine to 800,600. That's it. Have fun!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:24:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:24:28