Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 1 , how do i build a Store?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 8th May 2013 15:46
so my project (Nano 1.23) is 90 percent done...
now i need the store for additional content and features.

how ?
i know that tier 1 is capable of doing so .. but honestly i got no clue where to begin.

can you help?
please.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2013 16:19
Well with the apple store, you get an app ID for your game, and setup options with itunes connect - like the languages, description, icons etc etc, and also any in-app purchases that you need.

Once the in-app purchases are setup in itunes connect, you kinda query them in AppGameKit, like check the status of a specific purchase to find out if the user has bought it. It's a similar story when buying stuff as well, you pass a query to it, and it should prompt the user for their apple password, then query it again to confirm the purchase and unlock the content if applicable.

There's no other way to do it as far as apple are concerned - you'd have to set it up this way for iOS devices. For Android, well I've no idea - you obviously have more options, more freedom, but also more messing about to do. In comparison, the iOS setup is fairly painless and convenient. Maybe someone has some links to similar systems for Android, I imagine that there must be options for it.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a third party system for purchasing content on any platform, even the PC and Mac. Sadly that'll never happen.

I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more memes.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 8th May 2013 18:56
Yeah it would be great!!!

Ok so for iOS it's easy just need to build the store and do it apples way

Anyone knows about android ? Please help

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2013 19:16
at android i see some users sell a premium app with full/more content/features.
(i don't like the DLC system.)
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2013 20:52 Edited at: 9th May 2013 08:46
Android is essentially the same. You define the products you wish to be purchasable for the app via the "In-app Products" section of the Google Play dashboard. You give each a title, unique identifier, price, and short description. You also specify if you want it to be managed, unmanaged or a subscription. Then you use the same exact calls in AppGameKit Tier 1 to interact with the in-app purchases as you would on iOS.

First you set up the purchasable products for later use (I would recommend doing this when your app first loads).

Replace MyApp with the title of your app as you want it to appear on any related dialogs that may appear when purchasing a product.

Replace com.yourcompany.yourapp.iap with the unique product ID you defined on the Google Play dashboard as I described earlier. The 0 parameter indicates it is a managed product.

Then, when the user requests to purchase a particular product, you call:

The 0 parameter above corresponds to the first product you defined, 1 would be the second product if you define more than one, etc.

When the app first loads, after initializing the InAppPurchase data as I explained, you can call GetInAppPurchaseAvailable(0) to see if the user has previously purchased the upgrade and react accordingly.

The most complicated part is that you must create the In App product on Google and set it to ready, and then build the final APK of your app and upload it to Google (but you can keep it's state as Unpublished). It can take some time before the uploaded binary is seen by Google and the In App product, so it can take a lot of time to test everything and you cannot test IAP via the AppGameKit Player itself. You must be using the same APK on your Android device as the one that has been uploaded.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 9th May 2013 08:44
aha.
well simple enough.
this just show that AppGameKit is really powerful when it comes to creating revenues.

and i really liked the idea that Android and Iphone compability uses the same commands for this aswell... since i thought they might be a bit diffrent since Apple is always strange..

, so basiclly if im correct.. please correct me if im wrong.

first.
uploading the app to both stores keeping it not visible for users.
then , setting up all inside products inside Apple/Google... waiting for them to be approved and online.

then, testing all products.

if all went ok , setting the app visible on both markets.

am i right?

or do i first declare , i have an app , declaring it inside Google/Apple and then declaring the inside products i would like to sell.

getting the Id's , editing my project to get those ids inside then publishing it , keeping it private until all testing/ selling info is agreed by both stores. then making it public...

i use the term "both stores" since i will publish them both on the same day. well actually until both will be approved and tested only then making it public on both.

and Thank you for responding.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
You do not have to upload your binary to Apple before testing the IAP. However, you do have to create an entry for the app on iTunes Connect and fill out the required meta data (you can change the data at any time before submitting the binary). Make sure your product identifier is fully qualified (e.g., com.mycompany.myapp) and not a wildcard or you won't be able to use IAP.

Once the app entry has been created, you'll be able to enable and select Manage In-App Purchases where you can define each one similarly to how you do it for Android. You should make sure that you enter matching IDs for each IAP on both Google and Apple so that you don't have to change the ID in your code for each platform. So if your purchase is 'com.mycompany.myapp.upgrade' you should use that for the ID on Google Play and iTunes Connect.

You can then establish test accounts through iTunes Connect to test out the purchases. For more details on IAP and testing you can read any of the tutorials out there, the AppGameKit steps are as I described earlier.

For Android testing, I recommend reading: http://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/billing_testing.html

And Apple has good instruction in their Developer documentation for members.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 9th May 2013 09:15
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure. Also, be aware that when you release your app on Google Play it will be live almost instantly as they have no formal review process. So within a couple hours after you publish it people will be able to find it on Google Play. In contrast, submitting to Apple will take at least one week and could take several weeks for them to approve it.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 10th May 2013 09:01
yeah i know... if i wasnt a first time developer i would probably get it quicker.. but thats ok , i will post it on google play then hide it from public.. then post on Apple and wait for it.. when its approved i'll visible it on google aswell so on the same day it will be known.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2013 23:17
xCept, quick question... Once the IAP has been purchased, GetInAppPurchaseAvailable(0) returns 1. Is this obtained from Google Play directly or stored locally somewhere within the app? Might be a silly question, but I'm just wondering what would happen if the app was loaded (after IAP had been purchased) without an internet connection...

I ask as I was thinking about writing GetInAppPurchaseAvailable(0) out to a file, so I can ensure the IAP remains available... But am not sure if this is necessary.

Thank you!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2013 04:32
I would guess that the GetInAppPurchaseAvailable command is working with the Google Play store.

If/when I start doing in app purchases, I will store a flag in the local options file to indicate that the purchase has been made. Then I would check that file first (before checking with Google Play). This way, once the item has been purchased, your customer still has access to it even if they don't have internet connectivity (like in an airplane).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2013 13:53 Edited at: 27th May 2013 12:31
Thanks AL, thought as much... I'll crack on then

EDIT: Just wanted to say thanks xCept for providing this walkthrough. I'm amazed how easy it was! AppGameKit is the best!!
jlahtinen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 14:22
Google Play:

Quote: "Your app doesn't have any in-app products yet.

To add in-app products, you need to add the BILLING permission to your APK.
Upload a new APK"

How do I add billing permission to app?

My simple, free AppGameKit app, made in under 60mins.
Download it from Google Play
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 15:07
jlahtinen, how are you building your .apk? Manually via eclipse or via the new online 'one click deploy' functionality?

If its the former, you will need to make sure your AndroidManifest.xml file contains this permission. If the latter, then I guess you will need to contact Paul.

Also, which version of AppGameKit are you using?
jlahtinen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 15:18
Quote: "jlahtinen, how are you building your .apk? Manually via eclipse or via the new online 'one click deploy' functionality?

If its the former, you will need to make sure your AndroidManifest.xml file contains this permission. If the latter, then I guess you will need to contact Paul.

Also, which version of AppGameKit are you using?"

I'm using the 'one click deploy', so I guess I'll have to test IAP later when it's available.

My simple, free AppGameKit app, made in under 60mins.
Download it from Google Play
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 15:24 Edited at: 9th Jul 2013 15:25
Quote: "I'm using the 'one click deploy', so I guess I'll have to test IAP later when it's available."

I believe the new 'one click deploy' process uses Beta 15, so it may just be a simple case of asking Paul to include this permission in the default manifest file...

EDIT: Quote from the Beta 15 thread:

Quote: "The online APK builder has also been updated to beta 15"

Drop an email to Paul, or post a comment in the Beta 15 thread to see if Paul can add this permission.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:28:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:28:08