Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Ludum Dare 27

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
As some of you may have already heard, Ludum Dare 27 takes place this weekend. The premise is to create a game within 48 hours (if you're working alone, or 72 hours if you're working in a team) that fits a certain theme which will be announced on Friday.

I participated last time (in April, the whole thing takes place very 4 months) and will do so this time, given that I get along with the theme that is.
Is anybody of you planning to participate as well? It would be nice to see a few more DBPro games, or at least games made by people on this forum.

I personally would like to either make a text adventure kind of game, or a 2D game with a more interesting art style, given that my previous projects all look quite simple and abstract and are pretty much based on the box command.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 20th Aug 2013 14:00
This would give me the perfect opportunity to play with AppGameKit, so I'll probably give it a shot.

"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
ArK 48k
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I've sent my "I'm In" post. Nice to see fellow forum user participating. See you in the trenches and good luck.
ShellfishGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2013 18:05 Edited at: 24th Aug 2013 19:23
The theme is "10 Seconds" - pretty interesting if you ask me, leaves quite a lot of room for creativity.

Just a snapshot of what I've got so far:

There are certain similarities to the final destination movies... basically you know you're going to die within 10 seconds, but you don't know how so you try to avoid all dangers to hopefully survive. I'll post more details eventually.

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2013 21:07
I have started working on something aswell, but I will be traveling tomorrow so I will most likley not be able to finish it...

Say ONE stupid thing and it ends up as a forum signature forever. - Neuro Fuzzy
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2013 21:47 Edited at: 24th Aug 2013 21:47
I like the sound of yours shellfish, looking forward to playing it

I started as well, but I didn't get started until really late today, so I'm not expecting to finish either really

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 21:50
My friend decided to participate.

He's streaming currently. http://www.twitch.tv/jimmio92

I personally don't find the "10 Seconds" theme interesting. I might participate next time.

Web - Tweets
“Typing is no substitution for thinking.”
ShellfishGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Hooray, I'm done. Here's my entry.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It's a tragical comedy of sorts, at least that's what I wanted it to be. Involves quite a bit of narrative and even has an actual ending. The whole thing just has much more personality than my last LD-game, which was a rather generic puzzle platformer. If you know what I mean. But whatever.

That screenshot/wallpaper looks quite promising Blobby. How's it going?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:52:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:52:17