Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can I skip a video (story zone) with a specific key?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2013 19:01
Videos being skipped by simply pressing the mouse button is quite annoying.
I know how to make the cutscenes impossible to skip with the "playfullvideo=x" command, but I don't want that, because this is even more annoying (for the players).

I wanted the video to be skipped with a button like ENTER, ESC, or something like that.
Can someone help me?

http://www.indiedb.com/games/sem-sada-no-way-out
Belacios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2013 22:46
I'm in really need of an answer, I still couldn't figure that out.
I want to at least know if this is possible.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2013 23:04
According to the Script Syntax....

video=x command allows for the ESC key or spacebar key to interrupt a video being played.

playfullvideo=x allows you to allow interruption or not with mouse or spacebar. If X=0, video can be interrupted; x=1, video cannot be interrupted.

In the last source (r773), there is the following...

As you can see, the keys coded are ESC, spacebar, or mouse click. The playfullvideo=0/1 would control the unskip part of the code.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Belacios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2013 19:32
Thanks a lot for the help BlackFox, but your explanation was kinda confusing for me, sorry. :/

I need yo know how my script would look like if it was scripted to skip the video with the ESC key.
The default storyinzone script looks like this:

I don't really know how to put those codes correctly, I know I'm being pretty annoying here and I'm sorry about that. But I would be grateful if you(BlackFox) or anyone could help in that one.

Sorry again.

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 10:58 Edited at: 31st Dec 2013 11:00
I believe you don't have to script the ESC key yourself. You just simply press ESC and it skips the video and continues to the next part of your script after "video="

By the way are you trying to have a sound and video play at the same time? You can have sound in your video instead.

(Teabone)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:20:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:20:13