Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS Orientation Submission Fail

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 13:08
I have two apps that have been rejected by Apple, and both because the apps have booted in the wrong orientation so all the buttons are overlapping.

I can't seem to reproduce this error, but do have a memory of something similar happening if you transmit to the player in portrait and then flick to landscape.

In my Tier 1 code I set the allowed orientation at the start of main.agc

I have multiple apps all with identical code that have been approved, and I can probably just resubmit a new binary and this random error won't happen, but it would be good to understand what is causing it.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 13:39
Quote: "I have multiple apps all with identical code that have been approved"

I'm pretty confident this is one of those situations where it depends on the reviewer... I too have had about 10 app submissions approved recently all with this issue (although as I use Virtual Resolution, I do not get overlapping buttons, just a small display, so is probably not such a big deal).

I've noticed that once you turn your device to the correct orientation it 'locks' in place (as the AppGameKit code takes over). Its only if you start the app in the incorrect orientation that you get this issue...

We had this issue way before the export ide option and I believe it was something to do with the Attributes in the View Controller. It looks like Paul may not be setting these correctly based on the ide selection...

Will probably need Paul to take a look at this...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
I always use a sync() command after my initial screen setup, which seems to cure the problem on Android.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 14:31
Quote: "I always use a sync() command after my initial screen setup"

Yeah so do I... Unfortunately though, I believe this is an issue with the set up before it even gets to the AppGameKit Code, i.e. during the start-up procedure before AppGameKit gets control.

This also explains why once loaded, if you turn the device to the correct orientation, it locks there and you can no longer turn it back... As at this point, AppGameKit now has control and is able to lock the orientation based on the SetOrientationAllowed command...

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 16:32 Edited at: 14th Apr 2015 16:33
Hi Funnel, i will help you with what i do so you can reproduce it in Basic.

After this you can add Sync().

Remember to go in the xcode project and select the orientations you only need.
Also give a look to the info.plist and look for "View controller-based status bar appearance" must be set to NO.

If you want to see how i do, seacrh my Tier 2 template and copy some of the "UntitledViewController" code for the orientation.

Good luck!

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 16:50 Edited at: 14th Apr 2015 16:51
Thanks Gekko, but as we are exporting the .ipa from the AppGameKit IDE (I've made an assumption the OP is doing the same), we do not have an xcode project, nor do we have info.plist/view controller files. Which is why I suggested this may be something Paul needs to look into, to ensure everything is set up correctly based on the orientation selection in the IDE... Thanks all the same

JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 17:26 Edited at: 14th Apr 2015 17:26

There isn't any documentation for this command for Tier 1.
Jambo B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 20:01
I can confirm this... when my app boots and the iPad is 'upside down', I have to wiggle the iPad around (technical term) then the orientation corrects itself.

James
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 21:43 Edited at: 14th Apr 2015 23:39
Quote: "we do not have an xcode project, nor do we have info.plist/view controller files."

Not quite true Funnell: on your mac, find your AGK.app.
- Right-click on it and select 'Show Package Contents'.
- Now navigate to /Contents/Resources/share/geany/ios/source/AGK 2 Player.app
- Right click on that and select 'Show Package Contents' again.

You should see both the UntitledViewController.nib and info.plist files

Twitter: @itanican
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PushdownGame
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 22:30
Quote: "Not quite true Funnel"

I had a feeling someone was going to say that So does that mean you can make changes to these files and do not need to rebuild or anything? Simply changing then is enough?

Still worth bringing this to Pauls attention, we shouldn't have to do this every time, seeing as there is an orientation setting when exporting...

Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 23:38
Right I have one .app per project, with changes to those files and containing the icons and splash screens in the root of that last package. When you export from the IDE it builds the .ipa using those files.

Twitter: @itanican
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PushdownGame

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:31:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:31:01