Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / MapTrix - Download Version 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2004 21:52 Edited at: 25th May 2004 21:53
Its Done! I've got the first version up Its not in Program announcements because i want everyone to test it and give some feedback, especially any bugs you find. Its the full version so you can make/save/load whatever you want. Please post lots of feedback
Please have a read of the help files first

Download - http://redeye.dbspot.com/Downloads/MapTrix.zip

Theres an example matrix and program in their for both dbp and dbc, aswell as the load matrix.dba's for both versions. Loading into db is explained in the help files aswell.
Help files can be found in the MapTrix folder or online here: http://redeye.dbspot.com/maptrix/Help/index.html
Its highly recommended that you read the help files before or while using MapTrix for the first time.

Thankyou muchly!

KC27
Years of Service
User Offline
@Red_Eye: This is a superb program.

Give All The Credit Away
The thing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2004 00:07
Exellent program this is the best matrix editor i have seen.
However I do not understand the functions that you made to load the maptrix files into dbpro. They were not very clear and when I tried to load a maptrix world into dbro the program exited.Still this is a very good program.

heres what I did.

C.M.M
outSync
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2004 00:46 Edited at: 26th May 2004 00:53
[edit] ROTFL...my filepath wasn't like it should have been. Works great.

I like it the program a lot, though it would be nice if you could find someway to make a failsafe so if a texture isn't loaded, you can't use "place texture" command. I get an error and the program exits. It would be nice if that didn't happen (though I know not to do it now ).

2D Fan/Addict/Programmer
Diablo Roker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2004 05:30 Edited at: 26th May 2004 06:24
edited*** nvm
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2004 10:36 Edited at: 26th May 2004 20:31
@WMG, thanks
@Callum, this code should work. When using functions make sure they are at the bottom of your program or in a separate include file.

@VariableS, thanks for finding that, it will be fixed and a new version uploaded ASAP.
#EDIT, fixed it, its up now, if you downloaded it in the last 10mins then it may have been corrupted by me uplaoding the new one. Just the .exe is available at http://redeye.dbspot.com/Downloads/maptrixexe.zip
for those who have already downloaded and would like the fix

Rigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2004 00:53
I dont like it much. Hard controlling, I dont know. I hope its willbe much better!!

FZoli.

Look at MED, the Matrix Editor from Hungary! Texture blending, free rts camera, and more!
http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=31490&b=8
outSync
Years of Service
User Offline
Groovy! Downloading now...

Another thing I noticed is that when I tried to load my own texture (one I have used in homemade matrixes before), the program asks how much I want to divide by, and then quits. I didn't have the time to edit my previous post, but this seems to happen whenever I loaded a .JPEG version of the texture. Works just fine with .BMP.

Any chance of making a version that allows you to use the mouse for matrix raising/lowering? In my experience (which is limited), it's much easier and a whole lot easier than using the keyboard. I realize this would inhibit the camera's "free range" mode, but if you could add mouse control I think it would be easier to manually edit the matrixes.

Sorry if it seems like I'm picking the program apart :p Just finding things as I delve deeper into it.

Good luck with future versions.

2D Fan/Addict/Programmer
Diablo Roker
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah thats wut i said...using mouse editing and selecting... for camera movements use the counter strike keys or use modified mouse like hold ctrl and mouse 1 for example
Rigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2004 10:33 Edited at: 27th May 2004 10:34
Red_eye!

If you want, and you share your email adress with me, then I able to send an older version of MED. From this, you can learn how to make a mouse editing rutine.

Just, If you want.
But, I dont understand, people why like maptrix more then MED. MED contains Mouse klick&edit, nice camera moving, texture blending. But, currently no any demo or beta version avaiable.

FZoli.

Look at MED, the Matrix Editor from Hungary! Texture blending, free rts camera, and more!
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2004 10:43
ok guys, thanks for all the suggestions, i will be adding in mouse edit and i'll fix that problem with .jpg's(i didn't test them )
@I wouldn't mind having a look at the mouse editing routine although i do have an idea of how to do it myself. Also with your texture blending, how many textures can you blend together? I've tried and anymore that 2 just gets impractical.

Rigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2004 11:08
Okey, you know.

No limit with the textures, but there is one important thing. I use one basic texture and any secondary textures. My rutine blend the basic texture with all secondary, but cant blend two secondary textures.

Impractical? Why?

FZoli.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2004 23:12
ah, i see , that makes much more sense. It would have been impractical to be able to blend all the textures you use together, instead of just the secondary with the base.

fuedone
Years of Service
User Offline
if you see me on msn sometime, ill send you the code for blendding 8jpgs together if you want, not perfect, but it works

kronerone@hotmail.com ass if you wantto talk about something
Rigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2004 10:31
Red_Eye:
Also good, if u use little more basic textures, e.g. 2-3. But my blender only use one basic texture.

Fuedone:
Sorry, for Red_Eye, or for me? But, I never used msn before...

FZoli.

LordoFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2004 06:46
Its a bit hard to use. But after a while I got the hang of it. If used correctly it can really make some great stuff, Awsome program!

When it comes to programing, I'm on fire!
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2004 15:09
HI!!

Downloaded the program right now...
Will make some experiences & will post some feedback next week...
Great job anyway!!!!

Guido
http://www.vues3d.com
Kueller
Years of Service
User Offline
Omg, this is so great, I'm just starting with everything, and this is making life so much easier and cheaper. Can't thank you enough for doing this work free. You, my man, rock
osc
Years of Service
User Offline
DUDE! thankyou, just downloading the program and cant wait. Benn looking for a decent matrix editor for a while now. Thankyou! this will make my fps game soo much quicker =P

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 20:45:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 20:45:51