Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / bvEncrypt 1.01 - bigger , badder, better

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 06:06 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2005 06:09
I've been busy...[url=http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=49233&b=5]bvEncrypt is back in the development phase, with the following improvements now being tested...

Improved encryption, now relies more heavily on interpreting compiled code. Compiled code is unique to each application, and can be updated for each version of your app.
Load and Save parameter settings, simply load up a predefined file for multiple / personalised registration codes.
Create function for File Block, 2 layers of security, no extra code to write.
Seed parameter to allow recreation of source code consistently. Don't panic if you lose the include file, it can be recreated at will.
Registration level parameter now returned from function. You can issue different levels of operation in one application. Switch functionality on and off depending on the registration level returned.

If anyone has any requests or suggestions for improvement, let me know!

BatVink

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 20:42
sweet, will give it a go when i get home from school

Something to doing?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 23:15
This incarnation isn't available yet, you can get 1.0 here...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=49233&b=5

Download

BatVink
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I still don't get how this works. It creates a file for you that has a reg key in it?

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2005 19:19
It creates a reg key in a file, yes. The reg file also has 1 more piece of information, which would generally be a user name or email address.

It also generates a unique function for your DarkBasic game/application. So nobody else will have the same decryption function in their program.

You can also see that the code is not entirely dependant on the user name. So it's not possible to work out the algorithm from the 2 pieces of information you are given.

BatVink
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 08:14
Tried out the last version which is very good. I missed tabbing between the fields though.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 16:49
Tabbing is an issue with Blue GUI. I don't think it's possible.

I would love somebody to tell me I'm wrong. Like you say, it needs it.

I'll post a link to this new version soon.

BatVink
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2005 02:27
I haven't time to do a working example right now but here is some of the code pulled from my app. gadgets 12 and 13 are editboxes and 11 is a button.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2005 05:53
Cheers!

For a small form like this, that works nicely. I have bigger forms, with 30 or so gadgets...that would be a pain!

Am I right in thinking eventdata() returns the ascii value of the last key pressed?

BatVink
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2005 08:26
yep, I was going to try and get shift tabbing to work backwards too but didn't get to try it. I think it might be hard/impossible reading 2 keys pressed at once but I didn't bother trying so not sure.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2005 17:14
You could drop back to DarkBasic's SCANCODE(), which allows you to check multiple keys.

In VB, you can set a Tab order for text boxes, buttons etc. I think my original thought was that Windows should be able to handle the Tabbing between gadgets in the same way. But perhaps it's a feature of Visual Basic rather than Windows.

BatVink

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:18:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:18:42