Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Somewhat useful matrix to object functions.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2005 00:11 Edited at: 12th Aug 2005 00:13
Here are some somewhat useful matrix to object type functions that may be useful.

Matrix_to_Object converts a matrix into an object.

align_Obj_side aligns the sides of 2 specified matrix objects on the 2 sides specified.

get_obj_min_vert gets the minimum vert position on the axis specified for the object specified.

get_obj_max_vert gets the maximum vert position on the axis specified for the object specified.

[edit] And here is the matrix to object code modified to create a carpet object to place on a matrix.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2005 22:31
I'm not sure if it useful to me as I have my own similar function but it looks like some nice code.

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 02:27
I've been playing around with the functions. Great job, and thanks for sharing. I'd like to include them in my world editor. With just a little tweaking, its just what I need.

Awfuldark Forest
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 02:37
Cool. Feel free. This isn't really anything all that advanced, it's just some stuff I have been helping people with and wanted to post it. I will also be using alot of this in my game. I am going to make alot of different levels of graphical detail for all users ranging from very low poly matrixs to high detail heightmap advanced terrains.

Impreza
Years of Service
User Offline
wow, this is extrememly useful.. I do not have dbpro but if anyone would like to earn some cash all I'd need would be for someone to compile an exe for me that would import a matrix (most likely through just a simple text file with the matrix data) and output an object (as this is in dbpro and some commands such as the vector commands would be obsolete without re-doing them in dbc.. and since this is not in dbc). I know that maybe someone here has the wits in them to do this very simple and practical procedure.. if not I can simply do the code and pay you just to make an exe of the source I would give.
Thanks in advance to any one thinking of taking up the offer.
I can pay you through pay-pal or w/e other method you think feasible.

set mipmap mode 1: set matrix texture 1,1,1: set spot light 1,0,90: set normalization on: sync rate 0: statistic(1): flush video memory
autocam off: always active on: hide mouse: set window on
headcrab 53
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent work! This will really help me out.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 -- Pentium 4 HT 3.0 ghz
1 GB DUAL DDR RAM -- NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128 MB (PCI Express)
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 23:15
Thanks. This may be of some use if you use magic world or matedit.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=1&t=65024&p=0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 06:18:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 06:18:59