Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Free Cloth Plugin?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all, i was wondering, if there is any free cloth plugin around?
cuz i want to use it for my rpg games.. without that plugin, my games are worthless..

MyNewSite:http://gogetax.com
Forums(About BLO and more):http://gogetax.com/forum
ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 06:26
try using newton .....you'll have to manualy make it urself....u could use the newton cloth in the codesnippet section.

Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 06:43
Now where is this cloth code snippet? I can't seem to find it. Sounds rather interesting.

all ben needs is his band,his guitar,and his computer
ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 09:02
....i think it got deleted ......i can't seem 2 find it either ....if u find it can u send it 2 me ?

CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 10:47
if you want to make a newton curtain forexample, try adding small plain objects from top to down and from left to right, aaand then start making ball joints with some limits(try and learn the amounts) it will give you the curtain effect.
second way is using ragdolls, even its based on the first one cause ragdolls are based on ball joints but the way the wrapper was made, you can have one seamless plain with enough vertex numbers and bone limbs to alter this one.
ill try to make one sample if i find some time.
CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 11:21 Edited at: 15th Jun 2006 11:27
Okay made something in a hurry, so the code isnt very well explaining aand i kept all my newton library in the code just incase you wanna use it. but most of it is not used in this demo.
only uses these 2 functions out of the library:
nwtCollisionBox()
nwtBallJoint()
i made only one column of plains, but you can connect more columns on the sides and connect them to the plains in the same rows.
im sure that will give a better effect.
needs, DBPro 6.0, Newton 1.32b.
EDIT: oh use spacekey to blow wind. and mouse to move around

ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 17:27
dang !!! ur like the newton master

good job

Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 20:51
That's rather good. You could easily modify that to go into horizontal and vertical bending. I personally think darkphysics will have good cloth to use. Plus,since using newton,using darkphysics will be extremely easy. I can't believe It's only one command to make rigid bodies...I'm used to programming like a ten or so line function to make a rigid body,not one line. Its so wierd.

all ben needs is his band,his guitar,and his computer
CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 22:33
no physics programming, indeed no programming is easy as one line. you will soon see darkphysics or whatever it is will have lots of bugs, ups and downs, and you will see you will get stucked somewhere. neither newton is perfect, so you better stick with one of them and try to find alternative ways to your problems.personally i prefer to stick with the free one
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the code CuCuMBeR, but its not the same like the normal cloth plugin =]

MyNewSite:http://gogetax.com
Forums(About BLO and more):http://gogetax.com/forum

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:53:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:53:54