Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Modified Tutorials #2, AI and Physics (and fixes to last post)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 03:49
Here is the second (and probably last) of the help file updates I'm giving to the community.
Why? Because I only have DarkAI and DarkPhysics installed.

This lot now fixes the old index.htm bug (stupid asii, looking too similar), as well as adding the DarkAI commands.

I understand Sparky's collision dll edits the commands.htm file. Its up to you which one you want to use, or edit the commands.htm as follows:
1) Open in notepad
2) Locate the line "<B>ADDITIONAL:</B><br>" (about 7 line from the bottom), and add the code from sparky's commands.htm in there.
I can't be too specific here, because of not having the page to look in front of me.
3) save

Installation (Italic is optional, only if you want to back these files up, not doing so does not hinder DB usage):
Move files "DarkAI.ini" and "KeyworksDP.ini" out of "Editor\Keywords\" directory (else it will interfere with help files).
Rename files "commands.htm" and "index.htm" in "Help\" directory
Extract rar file enclosed, into DarkBasic Pro installation directory (eg: "C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\")

--

That is all.
Comments/Praise/Free beer? post away.

I would however, and I assume other forum members agree, appreciate any updates of either DarkPhysics or DarkAI to include help files in much the same way.
While the individual pages, or a chm, are alright - nothing beats being able to see every command at a glance when you're learning

Cheers
Trowbee

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Trowbee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 21:07
Not even a comment?

I would've thought people welcome more usable help files
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 21:59 Edited at: 10th Aug 2006 21:59
Good work on all of this It is useful being able to see all the commands in this way.
Trowbee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 03:18
thanks Mike.

Don't suppose that, given the bulk of the help files are now in this format, any further physics updates could include help files in much the same way (where you can see all the commands in one go etc)?
MatriX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 07:05
Yes this is very nice. Thanks! Much more convenient now then switching back and forth between those dang help files.

Excellent!

Thank you TGC for creating such amazing products!

Success does not come with meeting the minimum requirements.
Glenn Carter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 11:14
Thanks so much on this, useful.

Glenn Carter

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:02:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:02:58