Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Little extra info and set up on getting vehicles to work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 07:22 Edited at: 19th Oct 2006 07:30
hello everybody.
I had such a horrendous time with vehicles that i thought i would post how i created a functional one using Milkshape.
i am assuming if you have milkshape you know how to bone your model.
basicaly for the example i created you would create the center joint in the middle of the chassis then starting with the front left tire work your way around the model (front left -> front right -> back right -> back left)

then save it as a directx(jt) skin and bone model
at that point just plug it into the code below making the adjustments needed by the rem statements.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Space Fractal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 22:15
Can you upload your basic test model as a milkshape model?

It would been easier to evulate, how you have boned your car.

http://www.PlayITgame.org
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 22:38 Edited at: 20th Oct 2006 22:47
ok i never saved it as a ms3d...but it will take me 5 minutes tops to redo.

here you go.

ok so it took 8 lol

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Space Fractal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2006 15:12
Hi bosskeith.

Have see it. Thanks.

I'm was offline in some days, because a shift of a IPS (so I use internet of a another adresse in meantime).

I saw your other post, and thanks for the mind.

I havent tested it, but I do that soon (I forgot to download your code, because I got the net closed).

http://www.PlayITgame.org
VRMan3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2006 17:14
Any chance you (TGC) could give us a little more flexibility in making vehicles rather than requiring it to be a single object load? How about we be able to load in the body, then the wheels individually (like newton) as an option (as in change the current method to 'phy make vehicle with wheels attached' vs. 'phy make vehicle - then phy make vehicle wheel or whatever'

And we still have never seen a DarkPhysics vehicle powerslide / drift like your advert page so proudly announces - how about a demo with code...

If anyone wants/needs I wrote a DBPro utility (a long time ago) that helps with sorting out object limbs (which makes setting up a DP vehicle easier). Contact me if you want a copy (I think I had called it 'LimbViewer')

-=VRMan=-

World Famous 3D Screensavers
-- http://www.vrman3d.com --
neilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 01:07
This almost needs to be made into a sticky...

Great work, btw. As simple as it needs to be, to illustrate the point.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 04:59:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 04:59:45