Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Dragon Ball Z RPG -- Alpha Demo, 17MB (textures, models, and source code available) -- DarkBASIC Classic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 15:41
http://tenshin.infinitydev.net/
^ Download link at website along with more information.

I've been working on this one on and off for the last two-plus years and I've finally got a working demo of the game out for people to try. I didn't get collision detection to work on time before the demo, but it's still playable. After pressing Enter (or A on the wired 360 controller--Xbox 360 controller support fully integrated), please wait for the entire game to load. It's the only load in the game to keep the flow of the RPG going. There isn't really much for combat yet, but there are quite a few cut-scenes and some random things to do, including a couple of side quests. Constructive criticizm only, please.

-----Signature-----
http://tenshin.infinitydev.net -- Games Made: Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Fable, Master Chief, and more.
Yusaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 15:44
Forgot to mention that the menu or map don't work yet, so don't hit escape. If you do, your game progress saves automatically anyway.

-----Signature-----
http://tenshin.infinitydev.net -- Games Made: Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Fable, Master Chief, and more.
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
that's looking pretty damn cool =)
i'll download it now

:: 3Ghz Pentium 4 / Hyper Threading, 1024mb RAM, 250GB HDD, 256mb Radeon 9600XT Graphics ::

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 19:07
HOLY SHIIIT!!!

I MISSED YOU YUSAKU I MISSED YOU!

You, my friend, were such an inspiration ot me, I almost thought you ditched this amazing project! Stunning! Great Job!

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 00:13 Edited at: 14th Nov 2006 00:33
looks good

although the contros don't work too well. I cant move at all. Maybe its just my computer

never mind about the controls, it was just a computer glitch,

this looks very good. Keep working on it, this game has a lot of potential

i love the way you can guide your blasts,

I am proboly asking for too much but it would be awsome to have a fully destructuble envroment.

dont hate people who rip you off,cheat and get away with it, learn from them
Gamedesign er20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 01:48 Edited at: 15th Nov 2006 02:00
I like the game, it's pretty good for DBC, although i'm curious on how you could make a game like this without owning the copyrights of those in-game pictures and the trademarks of Dragoball Z, unless of course you got permission, then i'm fine with it.

Edit: I too suffer from trunks being stuck in one place. I would say it's a computer glitch but my computer is working fine.

Cocacola and Pepsi aren't that differnt. Deal with it.
Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 23:35
I suppose he won't be selling it then? I wasn't aware that copyright material needed permission, even if you have no commercial plans for it. Nice game, Yusaku. The models definitely look better than mine.

Bio Fox...four guys, one computer, games like nobody's business. Join our forum: http://biofox.aceboard.com
Gamedesign er20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 00:35
Quote: " wasn't aware that copyright material needed permission, even if you have no commercial plans for it."

I just learned that recently. It turns out that no matter what you plan to do with someone else's material, they are alowed to issue a C&D(ceast and disist). The trick to making fan games is to just not put it on the internet, this way, they won't know you are making it and won't order a C&D.

Cocacola and Pepsi aren't that differnt. Deal with it.
Yusaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 07:02
Hey, thanks for the comments guys. I'll be adding a lot more graphical content for the "high" setting for graphics and fixing the keyboard/mouse controls to work better. This will probably be the only demo until I finish the game. It will probably be my last DBC game. I think I've pretty much pushed DBC beyond its limits.

-----Signature-----
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 08:09
yeah I had that issue with DBC, I move to DBP, after UDTS there is no turning back.

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 03:54
This looks great but when I try to download the link is dead. Do you have an alternative link? or you could upload it here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 12:37:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 12:37:34