Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [Dark Physics] Materials cannot be applied to Convex bodies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 19:56
As the title says, materials are not applied to convex bodies whereas they are applied correctly on all other types (box, sphere & mesh). Here is the code, demonstrating it:

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 21:32
What are you talking about? Cylinders, pyramids, cubes, cones, spheres and boxes are all convex bodies.

Do you mean NON-convex bodies, perhaps?
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 09:49 Edited at: 1st Jan 2007 09:50
I guess you don't have dark physics

I'll try to explain better. In darkphysics, you need to create a rigid body representing your 3d model in the physics world.This rigid body can be a simple box when representing for example a crate (the same applies to sphere and capsule), or "polygon-perfect" convex or mesh bodies, in case of more complex models. On the other hand, materials (which are not textures ) define how the rigid body reacts to other bodies in the simulation e.g. friction, restitution etc etc. Once you build the material you apply it to the rigid body.

In my above example, I created 4 identical cubes, 2 were represented by box rigid body while the other 2 by convex rigid body. When applying the same material to both, the box body will work correctly while the convex body will ignore the material.

IF you don't have DarkPhysics, but still want to see the problem I've attached an exe of the above code. (Extract it in a folder as, for a strange reason, it wont work correctly if run from the rar file )

Hope that this cleared things up

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 12:19
Quote: "I guess you don't have dark physics"

You're quite right. I guess I made the naiive assumption that you were using the usual meaning of the phrase "convex body". Perhaps DarkPhysics has given some dark meaning to the phrase.
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
@TGC are u going to check this out or what?????

Beware, Killing chavs is not a crime, but is the only way to cure the earth
Vist www.scratchyrice-dev.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:16:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:16:51