Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Unprocessed textures for you

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2007 02:31
I've been out with my phone camera and took a couple of texture pictures which I'm giving away here. These are straight photos, not cropped or seamless, as I've tried and can't seem to do it!

So I'm giving these away to see if any of you gurus can make them seamless.

They're attached as a zip file.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RockStizzar
Years of Service
User Offline
making textures seamless isnt as hard as it sounds. Just open up the picture and go to filter>other>offset and enter half of the picture size (exp: if your pic is 400x400 enter 200x200). This will split your pic up into 4 different equal parts. Then use the clone stamp at a soft type and brush over the lines that split it up. Did i explain that right? I hope you understand that and can follow that , its a little choppy.

Knife
Years of Service
User Offline
NICE WORK!

keep it up... im am sure to try and put this to good use when i keep improving my skills uvmaping and all

thanks!

currently trying to uvmap well... anyhelp would be great!
Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
RockStizzar:
Quote: "making textures seamless isnt as hard as it sounds"
So you explain all that and don't say what program to use? For shame.

[center]
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 18:26
Has anyone created seamless textures with these at all? I'd like to see them if you have

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 00:34
Nick I've looked at these and although they are nice and clear, they are to defined an area to make really believable. let me explain bro....

Photo1: If you count the bricks in a real wall you'll end up with like 11 blocks high. You've only got 4 blocks high that can really be used so this image would have to tile like 2.5x 2.5 times on a 512x512 image to get the right proportion. This makes it hard as theres so many sections that would need to be fixed as to not look tiled.

Photo2: The doors nice and with a little work it could replace a door for fpsc. Not really tileable though

Photo3: Probably the best to tile. Only have to paste this 2 times in a 512x512 image and fix any seems for this to work decently. It varies enough you could hide any tiling.

Netx3: All to close, and again something your going to have to size way down and paste like 6 versions of this in 1 512 texture to get the scaling right.

Photo7: Again with this wallpaper like image you'd have to line up the pattern on like 4 images just to get it sized decently.

Notes:
If your cameras like most peoples it's going to take huge photos anyways. Most mine come out like 3000+pix straight from the camera. Move back a little and try to remember that a segment in fpsc is 8'4"x8'4". Even saying 10ftx10ft is close. Allow enough overflow of the image so you can crop the sections you want and not be forced to use the whole image just because you have no choice if you want it anywhere near proportionate.

There nice clear images. Just not the easiest to work with so if most people are like me they move on and don't give them a second chance.
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 07:19
HERE, done.

.ZIP attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:41:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:41:26