Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Texturing Help (Magic FPS)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2007 04:07
I recently bought Magic FPS. So far I have been satisfied with it but I need help with texturing. I tried to texture a box using the box template it provides, but when I put the tga on the box in Magic FPS, it just shows the whole texture on each side instead of showing the texture on the whole model once. Do you know what I mean?

//// - - FURTHER SOLUTIONS - - \\\\
SELL YOUR GAMES AND MEDIA!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2007 05:10
Did you load the template provided into your modeling program and put the texture on it.
It has "top","bottom",etc. where you are supposed to place the texture for that part of the model.
You will find the box object and the template in the textures\box objects folder that is located inside Magic FPS.There is also an instruction manual for Magic FPS you can look at when you run it that will give you step by step instructions.

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2007 02:21
I don't understand your first question. Do you mean Magic FPS as the modeling program.

Yeah, I colored each individual part, not the whole thing. The manual doesn't cover it.

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 22:09
Help anyone?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 22:14
You can go to the site where you bought Magic FPS and download the update.After you install the update and you run Magic FPS and follow the instructions I gave you in the other post if you still can't figure it out send me an e-mail.
There is also a rock creator there for Magic FPS.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2007 00:49
Could you possibly explain it here Fred? As I too would like to texture each side of the box in MagicFPS with a different texture.

Hunter Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2007 02:35
I know it says it in the manual but anyway this is how you do it. You put the textures in their spot on the box template. You save the box template. As FredP said you go to the object folder in the MagicFPS folder. You open the box object in MAGICFPS. Then you apply the texture you made. Your done.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2007 04:00 Edited at: 1st Feb 2007 04:02
Okay.I'll do a mini-tutorial.First,you need Magic FPS 2.0...which should be what most users have unless they got the patch when Sinistar posted it.If you didn't get the patch it is available at
http://www.uberdroid.com.Install the patch.
Now the latest patch has two main features.The first is my favorite Super Hero...Scale Man.He gives you a good idea of the size of you entity.And the new button you will see at the bottom of the screen will allow you to turn him on or off.
The second feature of the patch is the Box Object maker.It allows you to use a template to put different textures on different sides of a box entity and then import the texture into Magic FPS to create box-tpe models with multiple textures (diiferent textures on each side).
Some examples of using Magic FPS to create models are...
Sinistar's storage cabinet
Candles' reciever speakers etc.
My 8 track player and vcr.
Fire up Magic FPS.Click on the button that looks like a folder.Import the box2 object from the Magic FPS objects folder.
Click on the outside texture button.Import any of the textures from the Magic FPS texturesbox objects folder.Default textures include those for a bookcase,etc.
But what is really great is the box object template.You can load the template into your paint/image editing program and make textures for the box object and then save them in the folder where the template is located.Once you load the template in the paint program you should have no trouble figuring out what to do with it.

IMPORTANT:When you save your texture do NOT save it under the same filename as the template.Doing so will copy the texture over the template.

That should get you going.
BTW you can use the words in bold print as search words to locate the said models in the models and media forum.
You will have to download and install the update from uberdroid or this won't work.
I hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to post them.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2007 19:34
Thanks for that Fred

I have a problem in that I open the boxobjects folder but it's empty, the same with the doors folder and the signs folder. Do these have to be downloaded separately?

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 04:22
Thanks but that didn't help. I'll have to reinstall it later...

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 05:30
The box entity for making a box with separate textures is in the objects folder.The textures and the template are in the textures\boxobjects folder.
Keep in mind you do need the patch (available from the site you bought the game from).
You can also e-mail Sinistar if you have any questions and he should be able to answer them.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 09:04
Thanks you. I was looking in textures for the box object itself.

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 12:08
That makes sense. Thanks Fred.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 11:29:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 11:29:25