Third Party Tools / Entity Welder

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 12:43 Edited at: 29th Nov 2017 08:10
***29Nov17 - Version 1.7.2 now released - extremely fast exporting of X files especially characters e.g. T341 models with 5501 anim frames per bone (around 27 bones). 1 T341 char processed in 22 seconds on my PC (might be faster than Fragmotion possibly).
This version also has the additional progress bar so you know where the program is at and not left in the dark

***22Nov17 - Version 1.7 now released to SegAutoWelder purchasers - exporter code optimized for matrix format animation frame data which now speeds up that side of the process. e.g. BSP WW2 characters with over 1000+ frames per limb takes approx 1 min to process per model. This will vary depending on number of frames per limb. Have added code already for version 1.7.1 to bypass X files already exported with the same name plus looking into a couple of fixes and a lot more optimization.

***11Aug2017 - xporter code now implemented and version 1.6 now available on Purchase of SegAutoWelder. Working on next version already which sees multiple file selection, added options to the .INI configuration file and some small fixes which I couldn't get in v1.6

***14Jul2017 -- new exporter program being implemented. This will allow the user to export out as .X (and later other formats). This works with animated skinned meshes and static objects. Reason for doing this is to allow user to be able to edit a human readable .X file and for me to be able to programatically change the "texturefilename = " parameters if they are incorrect e.g. .TGA ->.DDS if only the .DDS files exist.
The exporter will be added to the other tools where required and will later support other formats (or that's the intention at least)

***04Jul2016-1.5 due to be released which has some complex code to fix issues where textured= parameter is blank in FPE and texture file not
*** being copied over-this now fixed e.g. model packs London and M3 + plus possibly others ***

***01Jul2016-v1.4 released***
***Sent FPE to .BAT app to everyone that owns EntityWelder tool-this converts complete folders containing FPSC FPE files in one go ***
***06June2016 - v1.1 released with small update-can create .BAT files to convert batches of entities -see video page 2***
*** 05June2016 - version 1.0 now released to all SegWelder purchasers ***
*** Runs using Drag 'n' Drop on Entity FPE files ***

Looking to start a 3rd tool to import FPSC entities into GameGuru. If anyone has any thoughts/ideas what they would want to see in such a tool, please feel free to post or PM me, I'm welcome to ideas.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 13:37
Quote: "tool to import FPSC entities into GameGuru"

A wonderful idea.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 15:08
Looking forward to this,

can we have: .x output, textures as they were .dds format output, change textures option, Scale option, like in segwelder
if possible load parts so we can break up the entity's
( remove sections 1 at a time but see it in real time without having to close view window to see what section was removed )
if possible punch option so we can punch through buildings or entity's

( but with better visual move around the entity like - zoom in & out, rotate X, Y, Z )
if possible height adjustment, to set different heights off ground or to float in mid air.

if possible Join/snap Entity's to other Entity's add textures and out put as one new entity.

If I think of anymore I will add. but you got a startYoda of Tools

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 15:16
@Super Clark-wow, thanks for your ideas-looking at the list, think I can do all of that
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 15:33
addition, Instant Views Tab ...... Top, Bottom, Front, Back, Left, Right.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 15:47
@Super Clark-Added to list-thanks again
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
at least you should be better than this tool from myself:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/211068
because hopefully it gets an update in near time

My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 19:23
addition, Camera Snap Shot as in welder but close up for better icon making for entities .. as I always end up doing
them in PS because they are not clear.

will think again LOL see if I can add more.

PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 21:47 Edited at: 1st Apr 2016 21:58
hi mike.. great idea for entites but PLEASE first complete and expand the great weapon welder and take a look at charachter welder since entitties at the moment can be converted with great Corno_1 tool .. another question if you can manage to import animated entities too...
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 21:55
as Corno_1 has created a tool for entities, I'll drop this idea and concentrate on the other tools first.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 04:12 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2016 04:37
with credit to Corno_1 tool , its very limited it only opens fpe files it does not move over mesh dir or textures.
just retried Corno_1 tool and And it tool would never do >

( remove sections 1 at a time but see it in real time without having to close view window to see what section was removed )

( but with better visual move around the entity like - zoom in & out, rotate X, Y, Z )
if possible height adjustment, to set different heights off ground or to float in mid air.

if possible Join/snap Entity's to other Entity's add textures and out put as one new entity.

its a simple fpe converter and entity importer .
So I am still wiling to pay for a tool from you mate when you can.
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
yes Clark,, Corno_1 is maybe a bit limited but for now it does the work..so since segmment, weapons and mostly characters have not dedicatd tool yet i think mike could work on them firstly and return on entity tool in a second moment...and ill pay fot it too.. Lol
PC Specs:

PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
@Super Clark it should never do this, but maybe after the rewrite to c# it is a possibility to add a single entity exporter with preview.(Java has a 3d preview, but it does not work with a wrapper)
I will think about it.

@Bored of the Rings I didn´t want that you throw away the idea. After my tool do something completly diferent, it just opens the fpe. I wish you luck with your other tools
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 11:25
thanks guys, I'll see what I can come up with.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks mik... bte i changed my idea and think taht an entity welder would be very useful especially for animated enetities like fans, switches, glassbreaking, glass. etc...

so i'll pay for this too... LOL
PC Specs:

PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
ehi mike.. did you manage anything about enetity welder??

can import animated enetites would be very very cool....
PC Specs:

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2016 06:33
no start yet on the entity welder tool, tied up with other commitments and life in general
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
ok...btw I'm waiting for new weapon and segment tools releases for I'm very excited for... good work Mike...
PC Specs:

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 08:12
so this morning, I thought I would start gathering information on FPSC entities (static and dynamic) and looking into the best way of getting them into GameGuru. Obviously, with entities, there are FPI's, so there is already an available converter (predicate_c) to do that so there's not much point me doing another one. With characters, this will be more of a challenge as the skeletons/animations are different in GameGuru, so will see what can be done.

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks mike..and good work... for entities i would suggest maybe to cencentrate even on dynamic/animated entities that corno_1 predicate lacks
PC Specs:

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 12:06
Played around with basic static entities and converted some of the .png to .dds and used gimp insanebump for DNS textures. There is a slight difference in appearance in GameGuru using the entity_basic.fx shader.
For this tool, I will allow the user to drag 'n' drop the .FPE onto the tool EXE file to automate the process and make it easier. Also, allow a whole directory to be dropped in I think too so you can convert the whole lot in one go. That's pretty easy to do.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 22:55
BOTR's, are you looking for ideas/suggestions for this, or is it set in
stone what your working on? If you are looking for some ideas, did you
ever use the entity tool for Classic "Entity Workshop V2"? It had a few nifty
buttons that helped a lot making entities.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 07:56
@ncmako-all ideas very welcome, nothing set in stone. Just thinking of best approach for this. I have used Entity Workshop V2 and found it useful. Are users looking for an FPSC converter or entity maker or both?
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 16:02 Edited at: 9th Apr 2016 16:05
Quote: "with credit to Corno_1 tool , its very limited it only opens fpe files it does not move over mesh dir or textures.
just retried Corno_1 tool and And it tool would never do >

its a simple fpe converter and entity importer .
So I am still wiling to pay for a tool from you mate when you can.
"

Both if you can find the time mate,

Here is my reasons why, I have found that some Entities although were made with great effort to the artists, some have the
incorrect Scale set for doorways ie, too small in height so a punch option that we can have 100% control over views wise
we can simply punch a correct door size hole. so we need control of camera views ...
Instant camera views buttons> Top, Bottom, Left, Right, Front, Back
Full Mouse Rotation around the entities -
As in (Entity Workshop V2) Scroll or +/- Zoom In & Out. Apply Textures Function, Enlarge Model (Re-scale) across X. Y, Z ranges
Height Adjustment like in Blender or GG Gimbol with 360 Rotation so we can maybe turn cars on there side as they have crashed
and save that angle.

As I said If possable a Join entities together option, so If I have a wall I like, but want to have either stairs or pictures or add beames
to it I can then save that new entity as 1 with .x format correct maps.

if possable like in dark_basic shaders option but maybe too much- I do not code so no idea if this is possible.

anyways If I forgot anything I will add it another time.

Thanks for your great work efforts so far mate.
PM
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 22:12
BOTR's Everything Super Clark said. An easy way to "scale" entities would be great with something to
reference it against (like the little man figure in Entity Workshop). The "join entities" idea is great Super Clark!
I have wanted something like that in the past. Would be very useful.
best
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 22:58
all sounds good, I'll add the ideas to my list. thanks for your input guys
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
This sounds like it could be a pretty useful tool from the suggestions in this thread, put me down for a copy as well
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2016 05:19
As I've started a new contract and will be extremely busy with very little time on my hands, I will not be pursuing this anymore.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2016 08:41
although , a busy time for me at moment, I will definitely have to make this app now as I have some more progress with dynamic entity import for FPSC levels.... pretty exciting stuff
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
good to hear this..

hope we can use it soon...
PC Specs:

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2016 07:42
haven't forgotten about this, it's on the my list but want to get the segwelder tool updated and released v3.5.7.6 that will have dynamic entities(1st draft) and the DEFAULTHEIGHT parameter added to the FPE for "sinking doors"/segments in general.

the entity welder will start off as a converter first,then take it from there and see what I can add.
I'm also looking forward to getting my game off the ground (on paper first-the old fashion way with some design ideas), ok now I'm rambling.....
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 15:47
making a start on this, this afternoon.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 18:35
initial "drag n drop" feature works.... will see where this goes....

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 23:24
cool

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 12:41 Edited at: 4th Jun 2016 12:47
entity tool coming on quite well, drag and drop works and will probably do same for weapon welder in a separate executable, will see how it goes.
characters in general will need to use a .LUA script to replace old FPI. I might write a point and click FPI converter after this
first release will be sent to SegAutoWelder purchasers as soon as possible , just want to test a bit more.

Attachments

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 13:57
Quote: "characters in general will need to use a .LUA script to replace old FPI. I might write a point and click FPI converter after this
first release will be sent to SegAutoWelder purchasers as soon as possible , just want to test a bit more"

This sounds great. Great job BOTR.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 14:26
@Seppgirty-thanks-demo vid to follow shortly, off out first and then will upload ...
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 17:44
Now that looks cool, i've been waiting to use that pack in GG. had it for a long time now.

Dave
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 17:59
here's a video demo of 1.0, more to add in the coming days/weeks, far from perfect yet.

ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 22:20
Hi BOTR,

This Software is brilliant, will be fantastic for FPSC Animated Characters, will save a lot of processing time.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 09:55
@ozziedave-thanks for your kind comment

Version 1.0 now sent to all segwelder purchasers so should have a link in your email. Have fun
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 16:02
great vid. just downloaded, will try now.

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 16:39
So far I have tried model packs, 2, 18, 76,77. I got a prompt to choose fpsc directory and guru directory. Then all I get is a prompt that says must be .fpe file type.

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 18:53 Edited at: 5th Jun 2016 19:15
@MK83-odd, after you set the default install dirs up, what happens when you come out of the tool and try another FPE, does it still do it? Silly question, but are you dragging and dropping an FPE file?, also you probably have but is run as admin box ticked?

[update-I deleted my entity_welder.ini to initialise the tool and tested an FPE and don't have the issue-does anyone else get this?]

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 19:48
I'll release a small update shortly, which I'm hoping will fix the issue above, although I don't get this problem on my PC. Also, doing a quick vid to show how to setup etc, it's same as weapon welder and also there is another way you can process a batch of entities in one go.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 20:04
here's a small vid of what Im getting.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4elqqe

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 20:13
@MK83-I've sent 1.1 with a update/fix, please try this version and see if you still get same problem. Before you try it, please delete the "entity_welder.ini" file from your root drive first. I can't reproduce the issue on my PC, so hoping this might resolve it.

1.1 sent to relevant users. Vid to follow showing setup and usage and alternate method of processing multiple FPE's in one go.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 20:20
Quote: "Before you try it, please delete the "entity_welder.ini" file from your root drive first."
yea, did this, and I still get the same problem. Maybe someone else will chime in on this.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 20:53
@MK83-how strange-Your using win10 64bit, is that right?, if so I'll see if I get the same thing on my 64 bit win10.

Please shout if anyone else is getting this?
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 21:06
Quote: "@MK83-how strange-Your using win10 64bit, is that right?, if so I'll see if I get the same thing on my 64 bit win10."
correct.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:21:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:21:11