Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / perform checklist for onscreen objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 15:53 Edited at: 21st Sep 2008 16:19
Hi all,
I have the following problem with the function:

PERFORM CHECKLIST FOR ONSCREEN OBJECTS

It works well for DarkBasic premade objects lik cubes, but, when using .x objects it is failing.

I Post too the code in this message. Objects 1 and 2 are Darkbasic objets. Objects 10001, 3 and 4 are the .x objects.

I have uploaded the needed media.

I have Darkbasic version 6.9.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:

It fails with animated .x objects. If the objects are not animated it works well.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phjon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 16:22 Edited at: 21st Sep 2008 16:34
Alfa x,

I have done a small test using the "Perform Checklist for Onscreen Objects" command and I confirm the problem you have with .x objects. In addition, I also discovered that whatever value I set the "Mode" to for this command, it produces the same result.

I decided to try the command using .dbo objects as the test objects. I discovered that the command generated the correct results.

In conclusion, if you can convert your objects to .dbo format, you should find that the "Perform Checklist for Onscreen Objects" command should generate the correct results.

EDIT:

Most strange. The .x objects that I used in my test were static, yet the command simply stored the number of every single object present. It may have something to do with the fact that I am using DBPro version 6.8, and in this version, this command is undocumented.
Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 17:11
Quote: "In conclusion, if you can convert your objects to .dbo format, you should find that the "Perform Checklist for Onscreen Objects" command should generate the correct results.
"

I would prefer to use .x for the game...
I would leave that as a last resort. THanks

Quote: "Most strange. The .x objects that I used in my test were static, yet the command simply stored the number of every single object present. It may have something to do with the fact that I am using DBPro version 6.8, and in this version, this command is undocumented."

For me too. I have the same result. But it only stores the animated .x, as if they were always on screen.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 17:22
You know that .dbo objects load notably faster than .x, right?
Nothing special, but with a lot og objects, the format conversion could cut the loading time in half or even better.

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 18:28
Quote: "You know that .dbo objects load notably faster than .x, right?
Nothing special, but with a lot og objects, the format conversion could cut the loading time in half or even better.
"

I didn't know. It gives more fps with the same number of objects than .x files?

Thanks.
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 20:51
It will not alter the FPS, but .dbos are the exact same way that DBPro stores the object internally, so everything that is possible to do to an object in DBPro is also possible in a .dbo. It also means that there is a very short load time. Basically, there can be no benefit in using any other format!

[b]Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
BOX2D V2 HAS HELP FILES! AND A WIKI!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 13:07:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 13:07:27