Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / How do I add a Video Introduction before the game loads

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2010 07:43
Hello there,

I am new to the FPS Creator program and I am trying to learn every step I can to get a good game going. And I came across a bump in the road when I tried to figure out why I couldn't add a video intro (like, for advertising my company name in a short video).

When I referred to other FPS Created Games that I found off the forums, I checked them out and they had it, and they added nothing special into their "setup" Configuration Settings file but just having their video file sitting there.

If you know how I can add a video intro or need me to explain abit more on my situation, please help, I really appreciate anyone who helps
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2010 11:31
you could make a video play in the title screen fpi script before the rest of the menu loads.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2010 17:46 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2010 17:48
When you build your game, you can add your intro video by following these steps:

1. Create your video and place it in the FPS Creator\Files\Videobank folder.

2. Navigate where your build game folder is. Normally it will be in The Game Creators\FPS Creator\MyGames\<yourbuiltgamefolder>. Inside your built game, navigate to the \languagebank\english\gamebank\<yourgamename> folder. Inside this folder there will be your titlepage.fpi script, along with other fpi's for loading level(s), setuplevel.fpi, gamewon.fpi, and gameover.fpi.

3. Using notepad or FPI EditPad, add this line to your titlepage.fpi script:

:state=0:video=videobank\<yourvideo.extension>

So for example, I have this in my titlepage.fpi:

So by my example, you will see the video I am playing is ww2_bf_intro.wmv (first state=0 line of code).

4. If you want to do credits video at the end of the game, you can edit your gamewon.fpi and gameover.fpi to play a video. Here is an example from my game:

Gameover.fpi-

Gamewon.fpi-

Hope that helps you.

- BlackFox

Colton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2010 04:39
Thank you guys so much for the help, this is exactly what I needed, again thanks so much
Colton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2010 04:47
Ok so I just tried this and yes it did work, but do you guys know how to make it where the video doesn't pop up whenever you exit to the main screen during the game?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:00:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:00:37