Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / [STICKY] Synergy Editor - Windows 8.1 & 10 Compatible

Author
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2013 10:54 Edited at: 16th Aug 2015 16:15
Hi,

A quick service release of Synergy Editor/DBP Editor

Compatible with Windows 8.1 & 10
Additional features that were not present in the TGC release
Configuration and keywords file now stored in C:\ProgramData\Synergy Editor (improves compatibility with UAC)

Please download using the red download button to the bottom right of this post (Forum account required).

Synergy Editor - Available for free HERE!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 12th Dec 2013 12:11
JUST IN TIME!!!

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2013 15:48 Edited at: 14th Dec 2013 15:49
Does it compile exe properties (version information etc) correctly?

And it is patch for default editor as I understood? Or I must install something before?

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2013 20:25
Run it standalone, or overwrite the one installed with DBP.

Quote: "Does it compile exe properties (version information etc) correctly?"

If the dbpro file is being written incorrectly then provide me with steps to recreate and I'll look into fixing it.

Synergy Editor - Available for free HERE!
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2013 20:58
I have placed it in /editor, but as it has the other name I didn't change it to editornew.

I did not found how to edit all version information, so I had to edit .dbro file in notepad.
Original .dbpro:

After compilation .dbpro:

Fails inside the exe properties:
Product = Dark Basic Pro Project
Filename = C:\Program files\Dark Ba

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2013 02:40
At first it would not run, Windows yelled at me. Had to run as admin and tell it to run anyways. Compiles seem to be going faster. Thank you for the update to the editor!!

.:: Http://DeanWorks.Ca ::.
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
GOTO HelloWorld!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2014 15:30
In windows 8.1 the EditorNew doesn't work !!!- compatibility mode enable and scr... everything. Use Editor instead for now. But I don't know if Synergy Editor is better than the normal Editor found in the DBpro folder...
Personnaly I have change the launch.cfg program to point to Editor instead of EditorNew and everything work fine now!!! I was amaze to see that since that windows 8.1 give me so much of a headache with that compatibility thing. I was about to ditch myself from a bridge!!! Thank you for your comment who was not directly on but close enough for me to figure out what the problem was!!!

When I died, I want to be buried in Cyrodil!
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2014 20:48
Thanks synergy but how the editor managed to locate the plugins in may computer. as, my DBpro plugins are all installed in my desktop.

however the plugin worked perfectly well on win 8.1

many thanks

m2design
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2014 05:10
John Y..

Thanks for the Synergy fix It was my editor of choice.
I just copied your files from Program data into the editor folder in DBPro, revised your desktop shortcut pointing it to the new location. Works Great!!

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Operating System: (Windows 8.1 64 bit) Processor: (AMD FX-6200 Six-core - 3.80 GHz) Memory: (10GB) Display AdapterAMD Radeon HD 7570)
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 18th Feb 2014 15:52
John Y - you got mail

MayoZebraHat 1979
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm happy it's getting updated but I'm having a couple of issues. One that I've had for a while with past versions is that any command that is longer than two words that shares it's first two words with other commands will always use the alphabetically first command when space is pressed after the second word. The other is that I like black backgrounds and I can't seem to change the highlight color from black. I apologize if I'm just not seeing the options to fix these.
Jerry Tremble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 04:37
I just downloaded Synergy yesterday and I gotta say it WAS just in time because earlier in the day, I finally let Windows 8 update to 8.1. (A choice I completely regret, and if there is a class action lawsuit against Microsoft for forcing me to put a password on my PC, I want to be a part of it). Then I discovered DBPro didn't work, went looking for a solution, and found your editor. It works great, thank you! I haven't had much time to work with it yet, but I also have the black highlighting, and I'm hoping there is a way to change that. I do also miss the DBPro help as I constantly use it to look up command syntax. Anyway, thank you for your work, it is much appreciated!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:49:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:49:33