Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / TGC Forum Banner Voting Thread

Author
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 01:53 Edited at: 1st Nov 2014 21:15

PLEASE VOTE! IT DOESN'T TAKE LONG, AND YOUR INPUT IS VALUABLE!

Welcome all! This is the thread in which votes for the banners submitted in the banner submission thread shall be cast. First I shall lay out how things will work. All of the banners will be separated into one of two categories -- individuals and groups. Groups are groups of banners that are merely variations of the same design. Individuals are banners for which there are no variations. From each group, only one banner will be chosen to be placed into circulation. An entire group may also be voted out of placement in circulation. From all of the individual banners, votes will decide which banners will not be placed into circulation. I am doing it this way, since I suspect the majority of individual banners will make it into circulation.

There is a specific format that I request all voters use. This will make tallying of the votes as efficient and accurate as possible. I also request that all voters vote on all groups and on the individual banners section as well. I will provide, in a code snippet, a template that you may paste into your ballot post. There are 10 groups, numbered from 1 to 10. Within each group, the banners are labeled A, B, C, and so on. In the voting template, there will be an entry where you can write out your vote for each group. For each group, please choose one banner that you wish to be placed into circulation. If you do not wish for any banner in a given group to be placed into circulation, please write "NONE".

For example, if you preferred banner C in group 8, the entry for that group would look like so:

GROUP 8: C

For another example, if you did not want any banner within group 4 to be placed into circulation, the entry for that group would look like so:

GROUP 4: NONE

For individual banners, votes will be cast against banners. If you like a particular individual banner, don't vote against it! There are 37 individual banners, numbered from 1 to 38 (banner 17 was a duplicate, and has been removed). Similar to the groups, there will be an individuals entry where you may list all of the individual banners against which you are voting.

For example, if you really didn't like banner 15, banner 18, and banner 36, the individuals entry would look like so:

INDIVIDUALS:

Please keep the entries in numerical order, top to bottom!

Here is the ballot template:

Rules:
1) Do not post here unless you are posting a ballot! You may write comments in the comments section of the ballot.
2) Do not post twice in this thread! If you do, only your first ballot will be counted.
3) Please use the ballot template provided.
4) Please fill out all sections of the ballot template.

Entries:

GROUP 1:

GROUP 2:

GROUP 3:

GROUP 4:

GROUP 5:

GROUP 6:

GROUP 7:

GROUP 8:

GROUP 9:

GROUP 10:

INDIVIDUALS:

Vote away! The deadline for casting ballots is to be determined. When the voting period has ended and all votes have been tallied, the numbers shall be used to discuss how many votes shall prevent a banner or group from entering circulation. Within groups, the banner gaining the most votes shall be placed into circulation.

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 02:06 Edited at: 28th Oct 2014 02:07
-----------
GROUP 1: A
GROUP 2: NONE
GROUP 3: A
GROUP 4: F
GROUP 5: D
GROUP 6: NONE
GROUP 7: B
GROUP 8: A
GROUP 9: A
GROUP10: A

-----------
INDIVIDUALS:

-----------
COMMENTS:
My personal vote here

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 04:03
-----------
GROUP 1: NONE
GROUP 3: NONE
GROUP 5: B
GROUP 9: B
GROUP10: A

-----------
INDIVIDUALS:

-----------
COMMENTS:
Awesome voting system, DJD64! I think this should work really well. Hopefully.

The only issue is that Group 9 shouldn't be a group. They should be individual banners as they're not really variations on the same thing; they complement each other. I really like both of them and I can only vote for one

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 04:05
-----------
GROUP 1: B
GROUP 2: A
GROUP 3: B
GROUP 4: E
GROUP 5: A
GROUP 6: A
GROUP 8: B
GROUP10: H

-----------
INDIVIDUALS:

-----------
COMMENTS:

Remember to link to the banner comp 2014 thread so people can see full res versions... these are rather blurry...
You missed out my blankers
And yes I am a critic of my own works

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 06:34
-----------
GROUP 1: A
GROUP 2: None
GROUP 3: None
GROUP 4: D
GROUP 6: C
GROUP 7: A
GROUP10: F

-----------
INDIVIDUALS:

-----------
COMMENTS:

Indervidual::35 made me LoL, but probably best not to have it as a banner .
A lil' tip, for you all, just open a second browser window with this thread to read the original post while writing your ballot

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 10:03

I like offending people. People who get offended should be offended. -- Linus Torvalds
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 12:41
-----------
GROUP 1: NONE
GROUP 3: A
GROUP 5: A
GROUP 7: A
GROUP 8: NONE
GROUP10: F
-----------
INDIVIDUALS:
-----------
COMMENTS:
a. Not voted for banners with inappropriate font.
b. Voting the best of GROUP 10 disrupts the unity of the group.
c. 17 - ??? no banner here!!!
d. Voted against two of my banners. LOL
e. Also I don't drink tea, COFFEE is the coder's choice.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2014 01:14 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2014 01:22
-----------
GROUP 1: None
GROUP 2: None
GROUP 3: None
GROUP 4: C (or maybe it's B... it's the one of those two that is easier to read )
GROUP 6: None
GROUP 8: B
GROUP 9: Both. There's no reason to disclude one. (If I have to pick then A because it features more mods)
GROUP10: I (Although I'd prefer most/all here once again)

-----------
INDIVIDUALS:

-----------
COMMENTS:
Sorry for breaking the rules in my voting Also, I didn't realize you put my couch fort in haha people sure aren't a fan of it :-s It was intended to have a caption, but at this point I find it hilariously random, so mind as well give it a chance to stay What was #17 btw? Was it my fixed version of the moon banner? I'll have to send you a properly sized version of the group 5 banner once the votes are in since those are all 2 pixels too tall

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:55:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:55:07