Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Problem with force in ODE Physics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2014 04:43 Edited at: 17th Nov 2014 04:49
For my next Dark GDK update (thread here), too be uploaded soon. I have added ODE Physics, based on the source from DBPro version 7.4, as a starting point. I have added some functions and corrected and modified others. I plan to upload various source projects demonstrating ODE Physics and some other new functions. I also have a demo of a little pool game; I’m working on (see attachment). Everything is working beautifully; the balls roll and bounce just as they should. However, there seems to be no linearity to the force applied. I thought maybe my scale is too small. I wrote this in DBPro on a larger scale to see if this could be the problem. Run the code with the force set at 0.05 and note how far the ball moves. Now, set the force to 0.025, this seems to be linear. But, if you set the force at 0.0375 it seems to impart less momentum then when set at 0.025.

What’s up!

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:06:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:06:07